Re: ACTION-201: Write a paragraph, note to developers, that they can easily implement a javascript to forward the hash on the URI to the video element (Media Fragments Working Group)

From: RaphaŽl Troncy <raphael.troncy@eurecom.fr>
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2010 09:51:03 +0100
To: Silvia Pfeiffer <silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com>
Dear Silvia,

> I have added text for the Web developers use case to the spec:
> http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/WD-media-fragments-spec/#media-fragment-webapps
> I also put a "non-normative" note behind the section 7 header, just to
> make sure.

Thanks, good piece! I'm wondering if we should not provide a
"mediafragment.js" implementation capable of parsing a URI and says
whether or not it is strictly, or partly, or not at all a media fragment
URI. Assuming you have such a js to import into your web page, one could
use it to test whether the URL of a web page is a media fragment URI or
not, and decides to either change the @src attribute of a media element
or call the scrollTo() function and realize what you describe in the
section 7.5.
This js could then be seen as a complete client side parser of the media
fragment URI syntax. Any taker?