ABNF for name-value pairs

From: Philip Jägenstedt <philipj@opera.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 13:18:46 +0200
To: "Media Fragment" <public-media-fragment@w3.org>
Hi all,

The summer is over, when will work on the spec continue? When we left off,
we had a bit of a standstill on the issue of parsing and error handling.
I'm looking at perhaps making a demo implementation of MF in Opera and
would like to get this issue hammered out. Here's a snippet of ABNF I
wrote for myself back then for how I think the structure should be defined
in ABNF.

# fragment from URI

name = fragment - "&" - "="
value = fragment - "&"
namevalue = name [ "=" value ]
namevalues = namevalue *( "&" namevalue )

This is equivalent to first splitting on & and then splitting again on the
first =, which is nice and simple and matches how query strings work in
many existing server-side languages.

--
Philip Jägenstedt
Core Developer