RE: plan for getting media type registrations updated w.r.t. media fragments?

Let me try to be clearer:

You say:

>"The Media Fragment WG has no authority to update registries of all
> targeted media types.

but I do think you have the authority to initiate such a change
by proposing an update to the BCP for registering media types,
and also proposing updates to the target media type registrations.

In order to make this change effective, of course, it will likely
require IETF consensus, but the proposed changes make sense and
improve the use of media types on the web.

Larry
--
http://larry.masinter.net