Re: ACTION-158: Exhaustive list of Test Cases for the temporal dimension in the Media Fragment URI

From: Silvia Pfeiffer <silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 10:56:21 +1000
To: Yves Lafon <ylafon@w3.org>
Cc: raphael.troncy@eurecom.fr, Media Fragment <public-media-fragment@w3.org>
On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 10:36 PM, Yves Lafon <ylafon@w3.org> wrote:
> On Thu, 15 Apr 2010, Silvia Pfeiffer wrote:
>
>> All, in particular Yves,
>>
>> I just came across an interesting problem in our spec.
>>
>> In section 4.3.1 we have an example:
>> t=10,     # => results in the time interval [10,end)
>>
>> But our production rule states:
>> npttimedef    = [ deftimeformat ":"] ( npttime  [ "," npttime ] ) / (
>> "," npttime )
>>
>> Making this a invalid specification.
>>
>> I don't think we want this, since there is not really a difference
>> between t=10 and t=10,
>
> I remember that we discussed that, and there was a decision to forbid
> "t=10," explicitely, hence the modification in the grammar.

Do you remember what the reasoning was? I would think that since we
accept #t=,10 , it would logically make sense to also accept #t=10,
and #t=10 is just the short form for the latter. But maybe we had a
good reason to reject it?

In any case, the specification was using both and either we need to
remove the example or fix the production rule.