W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-media-fragment@w3.org > April 2010

Re: Media Fragments Working Group: Agenda 07 April, Telecon 0900 UTC

From: Silvia Pfeiffer <silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2010 18:27:42 +1000
Message-ID: <s2h2c0e02831004060127h5b989000y45da9ff146c8748b@mail.gmail.com>
To: raphael.troncy@eurecom.fr
Cc: Media Fragment <public-media-fragment@w3.org>, Erik Mannens <erik.mannens@ugent.be>
Also, apologies for tomorrow - I am in a W3C HTML5 A11y TaskForce F2F
meeting at the same time and it requires my attention. I will try and
watch irc though.

Regards,
Silvia.

2010/4/6 RaphaŽl Troncy <raphael.troncy@cwi.nl>:
> Dear Media Fragmenters,
>
> Please, find below the agenda for this week telecon
> http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?day=07&month=04&year=2010&hour=09&min=00&sec=0&p1=0
> Actions opened:
> http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/open
>
> Only Conrad and Silvia have indicated me they would prefer to have the
> telecon one hour later. Do you have any objections? If not, I will ask to
> re-schedule Zakim bridge. Sorry Silvia and Conrad, this week, we still
> maintain 09:00 UTC.
>
> We will mainly discuss: ACTION-152, ACTION-123, and ACTION-154 so we can
> publish the doc this Thursday.
> We also need to schedule:
> †- the next F2F meeting (see below for the possibilities)
> †- when we would like to meet at TPAC 2010 (Thierry's reminder)
> Please, confirm your attendance to tomorrow's telecon.
> Best regards.
>
> †Erik & RaphaŽl
>
> ------------
>
> AGENDA Teleconference
> W3C Media Fragments Working Group telephone conference 2010-04-07
> -----------------------------------------------------------------
> Wednesday, 07 April *09:00-10:00 UTC*
> Local time:
> http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?day=07&month=04&year=2010&hour=09&min=00&sec=0&p1=0
>
> 07 April 2010, 0900 UTC
> † † † † † † †0200 (West US)
> † † † † † † †1000 (Galway)
> † † † † † † †1100 (Amsterdam, Sophia-Antipolis, Pretoria)
> † † † † † † †1800 (Tokyo)
> † † † † † † †2000 (Sydney)
> Bridge US: +1-617-761-6200 (Zakim)
> Bridge FR: +33.4.89.06.34.99
> Bridge UK: +44.117.370.6152
> Conference code : 3724# (spells "FRAG")
> Duration : 60 minutes
> -------------------------------------------------------------------
> IRC channel † † † † †: #mediafrag on irc.w3.org:6665
> W3C IRC Web Client † : http://www.w3.org/2001/01/cgi-irc
> Other clients are listed at http://www.w3.org/Project/IRC/#Client
> Zakim information † †: http://www.w3.org/2002/01/UsingZakim
> Zakim bridge monitor : http://www.w3.org/1998/12/bridge/Zakim.html
> Zakim IRC bot † † † †: http://www.w3.org/2001/12/zakim-irc-bot.html
> -------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Chair: Raphael
> ScribeList: http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/ScribeList
> Scribe: Conrad (On Deck: Silvia, Michael)
> Regrets: Erik, Davy
>
> Please note that Media Fragments WG telecons are for attendance by
> members and invited experts only.
>
> 1. ADMIN:
> * Roll call
> * PROPOSED to accept the minutes of the 03 March 2010 telecon:
> http://www.w3.org/2010/03/03-mediafrag-minutes.html
> * PROPOSED to accept the minutes of the 5th F2F meeting:
> http://www.w3.org/2010/03/08-mediafrag-minutes.html
> http://www.w3.org/2010/03/09-mediafrag-minutes.html
>
> * ACTION-119: Yves to request admins to set up a cvs notifications mailing
> list and notifications
> * ACTION-92: Erik and Raphael to coordinate the writing of papers
> ** Postpone (new deadline is May 1st 2010)
>
> * Next WG F2F:
> †- 25-30 April in Raleigh, collocated with WWW (HTML5 Track?)
> †- 01-03 June in Heraklion, collocated with ESWC
> †- 14-16 June in Sophia Antipolis/Amsterdam
> †- 25-26 or 28-29 June in New York, collocated with FOMS+OVC
>
> 2. USE CASES & REQUIREMENTS
>
> * ACTION-156: Conrad to add a "bandwidth conservation use case"
>
> 3. SPECIFICATION:
>
> 3.1 Media Fragment URI syntax: (Yves)
>
> * ACTION-151: Yves to modify the production rule for the track dimension in
> order to allow multiple semi-colon separated values
> * ACTION-152: Yves to change the formal syntax to reflect that we don't need
> a subdelim for selecting multiple tracks but we allow multiple track= in the
> URI
> * ACTION-153: Raphael to review the complete document and check whether
> there are more references to uniqueness
>
> 3.2 Protocol for URI fragment Resolution in HTTP:
> * ACTION-123: Yves to come up with ABNF for header syntax
> * ACTION-154: Yves to add a section 5.2.4 describing his new optimization
> * ACTION-137: Jack to check that 5.1 is implementable using the protocol
> * ACTION-155: Davy to draw diagrams to include in the spec, similar to
> Yves's email, that shows which bytes from the headers and body of the media
> file are sent
>
> 3.3 Rendering of Media Fragments URI in UA:
> * ACTION-135: Davy, Erik to extend section 7 regarding spatial and track
> dimension
> * ISSUE-5 [Jack]: Handling spatial cropping requires information at
> client-side
>
> 3.4 Discovery of 'Track' and 'Named' fragments:
> * ISSUE-4 [Silvia]: Should we pre-define some track names?
> * Davy's strawman implementation using ROE:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2009Nov/0014.html
> * Silvia's blog post:
> http://blog.gingertech.net/2009/11/25/manifests-exposing-structure-of-a-composite-media-resource/
> * Jack's proposal to write up that we should distinguish the mechanism (ROE,
> MPEG-21) vs the semantics
>
> 4. TEST CASES: (Michael)
> * Corrib test tool: http://ld2sd.deri.org/corrib/
> * ACTION-146: Jack to identify and add in corrib any missing test cases for
> temporal fragments
> * ACTION-158: Raphael to enter the big table of all test cases for the
> temporal dimension in the wiki
> * ACTION-147: Michael to add all MF WG members to corrib
> * ACTION-148: Michael to add a copy TC functionality in corrib
> * ACTION-149: Michael to come up with a fix for overview vs. edit single TC
> in corrib
> * Suggestion of nasty test cases by Philip:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2009Dec/0015.html
>
> 5. ISSUES
>
> 5.1 Active:
>
> 5.2 Non-Active:
> * ISSUE-6 [Jack]: Temporal clips that require transcoding
> * ISSUE-7 [Michael]: User Agent Media Fragment Resolution and Processing
> * ISSUE-9 [Michael]: Should we have the media type inside the Test Cases?
> * ISSUE-12 [Raphael]: What's the relationship between Images (CSS) Sprites
> and the spatial dimension of the Media Fragments URI scheme?
> * ISSUE-13 [Raphael]: Write a IETF draft for proposing how to register the
> fragment scheme for all media types
> * ISSUE-14 [Davy]: How to deal with embedded time stamps
> * ISSUE-16 [Jack]: Combining axis is probably not going to be done by LC,
> but we should write somewhere that this is doable
>
> 6. IMPLEMENTATION:
> * ACTION-34: Jack to look at python-url library to see whether he could
> implement the logic on client side
> * ACTION-35: Raphael to look at curl and/or wget to see whether the logic
> could be implemented on client side
> * ACTION-70: Jack to commit in CVS (code directory) his python code doing
> the parsing on client side of the media fragment
> * Someone to investigate whether he could have an implementation in
> Javascript that does the client-side media fragments parsing?
>
> 7. AOB
>
> --
> RaphaŽl Troncy
> EURECOM, Multimedia Communications Department
> 2229, route des CrÍtes, 06560 Sophia Antipolis, France.
> e-mail: raphael.troncy@eurecom.fr & raphael.troncy@gmail.com
> Tel: +33 (0)4 - 9300 8242
> Fax: +33 (0)4 - 9000 8200
> Web: http://www.eurecom.fr/~troncy/
>
>
>
>
Received on Tuesday, 6 April 2010 08:28:38 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Wednesday, 21 September 2011 12:13:38 GMT