W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-media-fragment@w3.org > September 2009

minutes of 2009-09-30 teleconference

From: RaphaŽl Troncy <Raphael.Troncy@cwi.nl>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 13:46:20 +0200
Message-ID: <4AC3450C.8040507@cwi.nl>
To: Media Fragment <public-media-fragment@w3.org>
Dear all,

The minutes of today's telecon are available for review at 
http://www.w3.org/2009/09/30-mediafrag-minutes.html (and in text format 
below).
Cheers.

   Erik & RaphaŽl

------
    [1]W3C
       [1] http://www.w3.org/
              Media Fragments Working Group Teleconference
30 Sep 2009
    [2]Agenda
       [2] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2009Sep/0151.html
    See also: [3]IRC log
       [3] http://www.w3.org/2009/09/30-mediafrag-irc
Attendees
    Present
           Raphael, Erik, Michael, Silvia_(irc_only), Thierry, Davy
    Regrets
           Yves, Jack
    Chair
           Raphael
    Scribe
           Erik

Contents

      * [4]Topics
          1. [5]ADMIN
          2. [6]UC and Requirements
          3. [7]specification
          4. [8]Test Cases
          5. [9]implementations
          6. [10]AOB
      * [11]Summary of Action Items
      _________________________________________________________



    <trackbot> Date: 30 September 2009

    <raphael> Scribe: Erik

    <raphael> Scribenick: erik

    1.ADMIN

ADMIN

    <raphael> [12]http://www.w3.org/2009/09/23-mediafrag-minutes.html

      [12] http://www.w3.org/2009/09/23-mediafrag-minutes.html

    <mhausenblas> +1

    <davy> +1

    <raphael> +1

    +1

    <silvia> +1

    minutes from 23/09 accepted

    close action-111

    <trackbot> ACTION-111 Provide CVS access to conrad closed

UC and Requirements

    <raphael>
    [13]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/WD-media-fragments-req
    s/

      [13] 
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/WD-media-fragments-reqs/

    policy about contributors & editors as of decided in Barcelona F2F

    everybody should check his/her affiliation

    ACTIONS 105, 106, 113 ongoing by Raphael

    <silvia> ACTION 113 has been finished

    <trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - 113

    Raphael suggests section 6 to go to Annex

    <raphael> yes silvia, thanks :-)

    <mhausenblas> +1

    +1

    <davy> +1

    close action-113

    <trackbot> ACTION-113 Move "Side Conditions" section to requirements
    doc only closed

    <silvia> I am not fussed about section 6 staying as section 6 or
    going into annex - either works

    <scribe> ACTION: Davy and Erik to review Raphael's documents
    [recorded in
    [14]http://www.w3.org/2009/09/30-mediafrag-minutes.html#action01]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-116 - And Erik to review Raphael's
    documents [on Davy Van Deursen - due 2009-10-07].

specification

    close action-109

    <trackbot> ACTION-109 And Davy to write a paragraph in the documents
    to explain why we don't include this feature in the spec (rationale)
    based on the group analysis (impact both req and spec documents)
    closed

    <silvia> do we have a commit mailing list on the WDs?

    <raphael> what do you mean by commit mailing list?

    <silvia> for cvs commits on the WD documents

    <silvia> they can be mailed out - it is done on all open source
    projects that I am active on

    <raphael> you mean a change log section ?

    <silvia> no, just every "cvs commit" creates an email with the
    commit message and the diff

    <silvia> and it is sent out to the group of people working on the
    code/document

    <silvia> helps heaps to stay updated on changes

    <raphael> i'm not sure this is really useful, particularly since
    some people do just one commit with a lot of changes, and some
    others, a commit for every characters they change :-)

    <raphael> Silvia, any word about action-109?

    <silvia> yeah, I finished that, too :)

    <raphael> ACTION-110?

    <trackbot> ACTION-110 -- Silvia Pfeiffer to silvia to Draft a
    summary starting from her blog post and the 17/09/2009 IRC minutes
    in the document (role of ? and #) -- due 2009-09-24 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [15]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/110

      [15] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/110

    <silvia> I finished that

    <silvia> please feel free to review the changes I made

    <silvia> raphael: it doesn't matter how many changes are being made
    - it is really useful - I know it from other projects

    close action-110

    <trackbot> ACTION-110 Silvia to Draft a summary starting from her
    blog post and the 17/09/2009 IRC minutes in the document (role of ?
    and #) closed

    <silvia> but if that is not something W3C typically hook into the
    commit, then it's too hard

    <scribe> ACTION: troncy to review Silvia's summary of her blogpost
    [recorded in
    [16]http://www.w3.org/2009/09/30-mediafrag-minutes.html#action02]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-117 - Review Silvia's summary of her
    blogpost [on RaphaŽl Troncy - due 2009-10-07].

    postpone discussion on URI-templates?

    <raphael> I will actually review the whole section 3

    <conrad> public commit logs tend to encourage people to commit at a
    useful frequency, ie. not too often or too infrequently

    <raphael> We postpone the discussio on: "should we provide one or
    several URI templates in complement

    <raphael> of the BNF syntax provided in the spec for the definition
    of Media

    <raphael> Fragments URI?

    rssagent, draft minutes

    <raphael> ACTION-112?

    <trackbot> ACTION-112 -- RaphaŽl Troncy to propose a digest of
    Conrad and current's proposal regarding the use of existing and
    custom headers for the communication UA server -- due 2009-09-25 --
    OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [17]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/112

      [17] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/112

    <silvia> yes, I worked over the complete section 3, raphael

    Raphael will work on Action-112 today as this is a blocking factor
    for publication

    <raphael> my actions are still pending

Test Cases

    <mhausenblas>
    [18]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/WD-media-fragments-spe
    c/#fragment-dimensions

      [18] 
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/WD-media-fragments-spec/#fragment-dimensions

    michael is updating test tool

    michael's actions are still pending

    <scribe> ACTION: michael to come up with individual 'normal' test
    cases (+/- 20) [recorded in
    [19]http://www.w3.org/2009/09/30-mediafrag-minutes.html#action03]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-118 - Come up with individual 'normal'
    test cases (+/- 20) [on Michael Hausenblas - due 2009-10-07].

    <mhausenblas> the TC overview could look like
    [20]http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/RDFa/implementation-report/

      [20] http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/RDFa/implementation-report/

    raphael wonders how test case doc will look like

    michael ... table of test cases automatically generated

    raphael ... after publication, implemetors can use this to test
    their implementation

implementations

    <silvia> I would already use it in the html5 pages to make sure I
    cover all important test cases

    davy ... updated MMLab's parser

    scribe: can handle all the proposed time schemes
    ... updated range headers (via two firefox add-ins to test)
    ... would like to have players that can do that ...

    <raphael> Are these 2 add-ons required:
    [21]https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/967 and
    [22]https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/3829? for
    inspecting headers request and response?

      [21] https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/967
      [22] https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/3829?

    scribe: difficult to use content-range header

    <conrad> davy: do you have an updated URL?
    [23]http://schutz.elis.ugent.be:8080/DownloadServlet/fragf2f.ogg is
    404

      [23] http://schutz.elis.ugent.be:8080/DownloadServlet/fragf2f.ogg

    davy ... these are indeed the add-ons

    <silvia> raphael: they are not required, but they help you work out
    what is going on

    <silvia> you can also create the http headers through javascript

    <conrad> the problem is that UAs do not understand time
    Content-Ranges

    <silvia> I want to work on this as a demo with davy's server

    <silvia> yeah, everything has to be emulated with javascript right
    now

    <conrad> so we need to suggest that UAs display the
    "start-end/total" values appropriately, eg. in the seek bar

    <raphael> Davy points out that the instance-length in the
    content-range headers is ignored by the media player plugin

    <raphael> Conrad: is it something we need to push to the browser
    vendors ?

    <silvia> some of it

    davy ... server implementation is allright, we just need players
    that support these extra headers

    <conrad> firefox 3.5 will use X-Content-Duration to display the seek
    bar

    <conrad> value is a floating point number of seconds

    <raphael> it is to fake it and will work only on firefox ? but worth
    to test it

    <conrad> sure

    within IBBT we will also try to come with a media player that is
    able to understand all headers

    <silvia> the point is that browser vendors need to see the impact
    and understand the usefulness, which is why a javascript
    implementation is useful

AOB

    <silvia> then they can decide to follow our specifications and
    implement it natively

    <conrad> davy: also try putting the urls through
    validator.annodex.org , just thinking we can update that for such
    testing

    <raphael> [meeting adjourned]

    <silvia> oh cool! early finish! time to go fix some stuff :)

    <raphael> yep

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: Davy and Erik to review Raphael's documents [recorded
    in [24]http://www.w3.org/2009/09/30-mediafrag-minutes.html#action01]
    [NEW] ACTION: michael to come up with individual 'normal' test cases
    (+/- 20) [recorded in
    [25]http://www.w3.org/2009/09/30-mediafrag-minutes.html#action03]
    [NEW] ACTION: troncy to review Silvia's summary of her blogpost
    [recorded in
    [26]http://www.w3.org/2009/09/30-mediafrag-minutes.html#action02]

    [End of minutes]

-- 
RaphaŽl Troncy
EURECOM, Multimedia Communications Department
2229, route des CrÍtes, 06560 Sophia Antipolis, France.
e-mail: raphael.troncy@eurecom.fr & raphael.troncy@gmail.com
Tel: +33 (0)4 - 9300 8242
Fax: +33 (0)4 - 9000 8200
Web: http://www.cwi.nl/~troncy/
Received on Wednesday, 30 September 2009 11:47:05 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Wednesday, 21 September 2011 12:13:34 GMT