RE: NinSuna status update

Hi Silvia,

No, there is no test Web page yet. For the moment, I just provided some
working example URLs on the Wiki page.

> BTW: Does your client also support he #-based media fragment
> addressing?
For the moment, we don't have a client :-). Hence, retrieval of #-based
media fragment addressed media is not possible yet. However, you can test
its behavior by sending a Range HTTP request header to our server (e.g., by
using the Firefox Modify headers add-on [1]). The response (including the
Content-Range HTTP response header) can then for example be visualized using
the Firefox Live HTTP headers add-on [2]. But it would indeed be nice to
have a client that does this behind the scenes.

> Another question: when you do the ingest, do you create a special
> index on the server that supports the retrieval of these byte ranges
> or do you re-use the existing index in MP4? In Ogg we have recently
> been discussing a new format for keeping an index of the temporal
> structure of the Ogg file inside Ogg - possibly in the skeleton
> header. I just wondered whether you think that would be useful or
> whether you would always create a separate index file anyway.

We always create our own index. The format of this index is independent of
any container format. Thus, the same index structure is used for MP4, Ogg,
etc. The ingester is dependent of the incoming media formats and tries to
use as many information as possible from the headers provided by the
incoming media format. Therefore, providing an index of the temporal
structure within an Ogg file would certainly make the job of our Ogg
inserter a lot easier ;-).

Best regards,

Davy

[1] https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/967