on the requirements and specifications documents

From: Silvia Pfeiffer <silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2009 19:16:50 +1000
To: Media Fragment <public-media-fragment@w3.org>
Hi all,

As I am trying to include a section on the differentiation between
queries and fragments into the specificaition, I noticed that we have
a copy of the complete "side conditions" section in both documents:
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/WD-media-fragments-spec/ and
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/WD-media-fragments-reqs/ .

I would suggest removing the "side conditions" section from one of
them - it would probably be best to remove it from the specification
and put a pointer to the requirements document into it instead. This
is to not copy huge text blocks between documents (and possibly
confuse people as to what they are looking at), as well as to give us
some more room in the specification - which I believe should be as
lean as possible.

I will be working over the fragment/query section in the next few
days: http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/WD-media-fragments-spec/#fragment-query
, so we can make some progress towards a release in the next 2-3
weeks.

I believe as we move towards a release, our main editing focus will be
on the specifications document, but we will need to tidy up the
requirements document - remove editorial notes and include further
feedback - along the way.

Regards,