W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-media-fragment@w3.org > October 2009

Re: Media Fragments Working Group: Agenda 07 October, Telecon 0900 UTC

From: Michael Hausenblas <michael.hausenblas@deri.org>
Date: Wed, 07 Oct 2009 09:40:47 +0100
To: RaphaŽl Troncy <Raphael.Troncy@cwi.nl>
CC: Erik Mannens <erik.mannens@ugent.be>, Media Fragment <public-media-fragment@w3.org>
Message-ID: <C6F2129F.9006%michael.hausenblas@deri.org>

Have to send regrets for today due to an unexpected conflicting meeting,
sorry. My actions continue and will be done till next week.

Cheers,
      Michael

-- 
Dr. Michael Hausenblas
LiDRC - Linked Data Research Centre
DERI - Digital Enterprise Research Institute
NUIG - National University of Ireland, Galway
Ireland, Europe
Tel. +353 91 495730
http://linkeddata.deri.ie/
http://sw-app.org/about.html



> From: RaphaŽl Troncy <Raphael.Troncy@cwi.nl>
> Organization: CWI
> Date: Tue, 06 Oct 2009 23:59:22 +0200
> To: Media Fragment <public-media-fragment@w3.org>
> Cc: Erik Mannens <erik.mannens@ugent.be>
> Subject: Media Fragments Working Group: Agenda 07 October, Telecon 0900 UTC
> Resent-From: Media Fragment <public-media-fragment@w3.org>
> Resent-Date: Tue, 06 Oct 2009 22:00:06 +0000
> 
> Dear Media Fragmenters,
> 
> Apologies for this late notice. Please, find below the agenda for this
> week telecon:
> http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?day=07&month=10&year=2009
> &hour=09&min=00&sec=0&p1=0
> 
> Silvia, beware the telecon is one hour later for you (i.e. 20:00 PM
> Sydney time).
> 
> I have included in the agenda a proposal for publishing our 2 documents
> as WD. My actions are still pending but I will try to do my best to
> complete them before the telecon. Apologies once more for being the
> blocker. Time is currently crazy with EU proposal writing.
> 
> Conrad will be our scribe (Yves is on deck).
> Actions opened:
> http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/open
> 
> Best regards.
> 
>    Erik & RaphaŽl
> 
> ------------
> 
> AGENDA Teleconference
> W3C Media Fragments Working Group telephone conference 2009-10-07
> -------------------------------------------------------------------
> Wednesday, 07 October *09:00-10:00 UTC*
> Local time:
> http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?day=07&month=10&year=2009
> &hour=09&min=00&sec=0&p1=0
> 
> 07 October 2009, 0900 UTC
>               0200 (West US)
>               1000 (Galway)
>               1100 (Amsterdam, Sophia-Antipolis, Pretoria)
>               1800 (Tokyo)
>               2000 (Sydney)  *NEW HOUR*
> Bridge US: +1-617-761-6200 (Zakim)
> Bridge FR: +33.4.89.06.34.99
> Bridge UK: +44.117.370.6152
> Conference code : 3724# (spells "FRAG")
> Duration : 60 minutes
> -------------------------------------------------------------------
> IRC channel          : #mediafrag on irc.w3.org:6665
> W3C IRC Web Client   : http://www.w3.org/2001/01/cgi-irc
> Other clients are listed at http://www.w3.org/Project/IRC/#Client
> Zakim information    : http://www.w3.org/2002/01/UsingZakim
> Zakim bridge monitor : http://www.w3.org/1998/12/bridge/Zakim.html
> Zakim IRC bot        : http://www.w3.org/2001/12/zakim-irc-bot.html
> -------------------------------------------------------------------
> 
> Chair: Raphael, Erik
> ScribeList: http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/ScribeList
> Scribe: Conrad (On Deck: Yves)
> 
> Please note that Media Fragments WG telecons are for attendance by
> members and invited experts only.
> 
> 1. ADMIN:
> * Roll call
> * PROPOSED to accept the minutes of the 30 September 2009 telecon:
> http://www.w3.org/2009/09/30-mediafrag-minutes.html
> * ACTION-92: Erik and Raphael to coordinate the writing of papers
> (ongoing ... re-raise around 15/10/09)
> 
> 2. UC & REQUIREMENTS:
> * Use Cases and Requirements WD review (MAWG)
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2009Sep/0008.html
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2009Sep/0012.html
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2009Sep/0012.html
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2009Sep/0040.html
> * ACTION-105: Raphael to address all comments and write a reply to MAWG
> * ACTION-106: Raphael to draft a paragraph explaining upfront in the
> document why we are doing that ... justification for the MPEG community  
> * ACTION-116: Davy And Erik to review UC & Requirements document before pub
> 
> * PROPOSED RESOLUTION: Publish "Use cases and requirements for Media
> Fragments" as a 2nd WD.
> 
> 3. SPECIFICATION:
> * ACTION-117: Raphael to Review Silvia's summary of her blogpost, i.e.
> the Section 3 of the spec
> 
> 3.1 Syntax:
> * Silvia: should we provide one or several URI templates in complement
> of the BNF syntax provided in the spec for the definition of Media
> Fragments URI?
> 
> 3.2 UA Server HTTP Communication: (Conrad/Raphael)
> * ACTION-112: Raphael to Propose a digest of Conrad and current's
> proposal regarding the use of existing and custom headers for the
> communication UA server
> 
> 3.3 Handling of 'Track' and 'ID':
> Conrad's proposal (Fragment header):
> http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/Server-parsed_Fragments
> 
> * PROPOSED RESOLUTION: Publish "Media Fragments URI 1.0" as a 1st WD.
> 
> 4. TEST CASES: (Michael)
> * Corrib test tool: http://ld2sd.deri.org/corrib/
> * ACTION-108: Michael to add the missing test cases in corrib
> * ACTION-114: Michael to remove test case 4
> * ACTION-115: Michael to come up with categorization of test cases wrt
> empty, undefined, etc
> * ACTION-118: Michael to come up with individual 'normal' test cases
> (+/- 20)
> 
> 5. ISSUES
> 
> 5.1 Active:
> None.
> 
> 5.2 Non-Active:
> * ISSUE-4 [Silvia]: Should we pre-define some track names?
> * ISSUE-5 [Jack]: Handling spatial cropping requires information at
> client-side
> * ISSUE-6 [Jack]: Temporal clips that require transcoding
> * ISSUE-7 [Michael]: User Agent Media Fragment Resolution and Processing
> * ISSUE-9 [Michael]: Should we have the media type inside the Test Cases?
> * ISSUE-12 [Raphael]: What's the relationship between Images (CSS)
> Sprites and the spatial dimension of the Media Fragments URI scheme?
> * ISSUE-13 [Raphael]: Write a IETF draft for proposing how to register
> the fragment scheme for all media types
> 
> 6. IMPLEMENTATION:
> * ACTION-34: Jack to look at python-url library to see whether he could
> implement the logic on client side
> * ACTION-35: Raphael to look at curl and/or wget to see whether the
> logic could be implemented on client side
> * ACTION-70: Jack to commit in CVS (code directory) his python code
> doing the parsing on client side of the media fragment
> * ACTION-71: Michael to investigate whether he could have an
> implementation in Javascript that does the client-side media fragments
> parsing
> 
> 7. AOB
> 
> -- 
> RaphaŽl Troncy
> CWI (Centre for Mathematics and Computer Science),
> Kruislaan 413, 1098 SJ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
> e-mail: raphael.troncy@cwi.nl & raphael.troncy@gmail.com
> Tel: +31 (0)20 - 592 4093
> Fax: +31 (0)20 - 592 4312
> Web: http://www.cwi.nl/~troncy/
> 
> 
Received on Wednesday, 7 October 2009 08:41:26 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Wednesday, 21 September 2011 12:13:35 GMT