Re: Yet another syntax for temporal media fragment

From: Conrad Parker <conrad@metadecks.org>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 06:26:56 +0900
To: RaphaŽl Troncy <Raphael.Troncy@cwi.nl>
Cc: Media Fragment <public-media-fragment@w3.org>
2009/11/18 RaphaŽl Troncy <Raphael.Troncy@cwi.nl>:
> Dear all,
>
> I was watching the latest talk by TBL, during the Internet Governance Forum
> held this week and noticed that the web server provides direct access to
> temporal fragments via the query parameter. It does not use however the
> temporalURI spec, shame on them!
>
> For example,
> http://www.un.org/webcast/igf/ondemand.asp?mediaID=pl091115pm1&start=00:46:04&end=00:58:41
> is the integral talk of Tim Berners Lee

I think RealServer used such a scheme, which may be where it started.

On archive.org:
http://internetarchive.wordpress.com/2008/11/25/new-strategy-for-internet-archive-movies/

 * lighttpd ďmod_h264_streamingĒ (http://h264.code-shop.com/trac)
supports it for H.264.
 * oggz-chop also supports this scheme. I can't remember why I added
that; perhaps to simplify some random demo years ago.

cheers,

Conrad.