feedback on today's teleconf

From: Silvia Pfeiffer <silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 20 May 2009 23:10:39 +1000
To: Media Fragment <public-media-fragment@w3.org>
Hi all,

I had a side discussion about the correct codes to use for some of the
test cases. http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/TestCasesDiscussion

I still think that "416 Requested Range Not Satisfiable" is the
correct response to #t=0,0 or to #t=30,0 type requests. There is no
fragment (or byte range) there at those URIs and therefore it is a
client error.

I would also suggest to make the following changes to the test case
page: http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/TestCases

* add status code responses explicitly to each test case

* add a test case for a valid #t=x,y request, with x,y integer and y>x
(and add that we are considering them as half-open intervals as in the
spec with x in the interval and y outside : x<= t <y) -> 206 OK

* generalise #t=0,0 to #t=x,x with #t=0,0 as an example (by default
empty, since there is no t in x <= t < x and therefore a client error
416 IMHO :)

* add a test case for #t=y,x  with x,y integer and y>x and explain
that it is the same as #t=x,x , (since there is no t in y <= t < x and
therefore 416 IMHO :)