W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-media-fragment@w3.org > May 2009

RE: Media Fragments Working Group: Agenda 20 May, Telecon 1200 UTC

From: erik mannens <erik.mannens@ugent.be>
Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 21:06:25 +0200
To: <public-media-fragment@w3.org>
Message-ID: <005801c9d8b4$e90e2120$bb2a6360$@mannens@ugent.be>
Hi all,

Regrets for me, I'm on a mission abroad.

Sincere greetings,

Erik

-----Original Message-----
From: RaphaŽl Troncy [mailto:Raphael.Troncy@cwi.nl] 
Sent: dinsdag 19 mei 2009 12:16
To: public-media-fragment@w3.org
Cc: Erik Mannens
Subject: Media Fragments Working Group: Agenda 20 May, Telecon 1200 UTC

Dear Media Fragmenters,

Please, find below the agenda for this week telecon.
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?day=20&month=05&year=20
09&hour=12&min=00&sec=0&p1=0 


Most of this week telecon will be dedicated to discuss Conrad's proposal
vs the proposal currently described in the WD document published.
The scribe will be Michael (Conrad and Jack are on deck).
Best regards.

   Erik & RaphaŽl

------------

AGENDA Teleconference
W3C Media Fragments Working Group telephone conference 2009-05-20
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Wednesday, 20 May *12:00-13:00 UTC*
Local time:
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?day=20&month=05&year=20
09&hour=12&min=00&sec=0&p1=0 


20 May 2009, 1200 UTC
              0500 (West US)
              1300 (Galway)
              1400 (Amsterdam, Paris, Pretoria)
              2100 (Tokyo)
              2200 (Sydney)
Bridge US: +1-617-761-6200 (Zakim)
Bridge FR: +33.4.89.06.34.99
Bridge UK: +44.117.370.6152
Conference code : 3724# (spells "FRAG")
Duration : 60 minutes
-------------------------------------------------------------------
IRC channel          : #mediafrag on irc.w3.org:6665
W3C IRC Web Client   : http://www.w3.org/2001/01/cgi-irc
Other clients are listed at http://www.w3.org/Project/IRC/#Client
Zakim information    : http://www.w3.org/2002/01/UsingZakim
Zakim bridge monitor : http://www.w3.org/1998/12/bridge/Zakim.html
Zakim IRC bot        : http://www.w3.org/2001/12/zakim-irc-bot.html
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Chair: Raphael, Erik
ScribeList: http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/ScribeList
Scribe: Michael (On Deck: Conrad, Jack)
Regrets: none

Please note that Media Fragments WG telecons are for attendance by
members and invited experts only.

1. ADMIN:
* Roll call
* PROPOSED to accept the minutes of the 13 May 2009 telecon:
http://www.w3.org/2009/05/13-mediafrag-minutes.html
* ACTION-66: Jack to look at the organisation of the 4th F2F meeting in
Amsterdam on September 17-18 (just after IBC)
See also:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2009Apr/0142.html
Should we organize a poll in order to know who can attend this meeting?

2. UC & REQUIREMENTS:
* ACTION-68: Raphael to ask the Media Annotations WG to review our document
* ACTION-74: Erik and Raphael to request feedback of other groups such
as SYMM, SVG, HTML + WHATWG, WAI, MAWG, TAG, MobileWeb, TimedText
* ACTION-65: Raphael to split current document into i) UC and Req and
ii) Syntax and Processing and setup the diff in xmlspec

3. SPECIFICATION:

3.1 Syntax: (Yves)
* ACTION-49: Yves to Draft the HTTP-Range syntax for different units
(completing all the syntax for the two way handshake)
* ACTION-67: Erik to sync with Jean Pierre to get the edit units spec
reference

3.2 UA Server HTTP Communication (Conrad/Raphael)
* ACTION-63: Conrad to update the Wiki with his more general approach
with precisely the same examples
* ACTION-69: Conrad to draw a representation of the general structure of
a media resource, for streamable formats

3.3 UA MF Resolution and Processing: (Michael)
* ACTION-64: Michael to write into the WD section 6.4, what the client
should do with #everything after the hash : "Client Side Media Fragment
Resolution"
* ACTION-77: Yves to investigate what's happened when facing an invalid
Media Fragment URI
** See also:
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/UserAgentMediaFragmentResolut
ion

4. TEST CASES: (Michael)
* See: http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/TestCases
* See the discussion thread at:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2009Apr/0135.html
** ACTION-79: Michael to summarise the options for 4xx status code for
empty TC0002-0007 in the Wiki page

5. ISSUES
* ISSUE-3 [Michael]: Does our MF URI syntax imply that we need to update
MIME Type registrations?
** ACTION-76: Erik to contact the editors of MPEG-21 Part 17 regarding
the registry of their scheme

* ISSUE-4 [Silvia]: Should we pre-define some track names?
** ACTION-73: Conrad to change the phrasing of the issue 4 (just
audio/video)?

* ISSUE-5 [Jack]: Handling spatial cropping requires information at
client-side
* ISSUE-6 [Jack]: Temporal clips that require transcoding
** ACTION-62: Yves to ask the TAG whether transcoding should be
forbidden or not when we send a fragment of a resource

* ISSUE-9 [Michael]: Should we have the media type inside the Test Cases?

6. IMPLEMENTATION:
* ACTION-34: Jack to look at python-url library to see whether he could
implement the logic on client side
* ACTION-35: Raphael to look at curl and/or wget to see whether the
logic could be implemented on client side
* ACTION-70: Jack to commit in CVS (code directory) his python code
doing the parsing on client side of the media fragment
* ACTION-71: Michael to investigate whether he could have an
implementation in Javascript that does the client-side media fragments
parsing

7. AOB

-- 
RaphaŽl Troncy
CWI (Centre for Mathematics and Computer Science),
Kruislaan 413, 1098 SJ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
e-mail: raphael.troncy@cwi.nl & raphael.troncy@gmail.com
Tel: +31 (0)20 - 592 4093
Fax: +31 (0)20 - 592 4312
Web: http://www.cwi.nl/~troncy/
Received on Tuesday, 19 May 2009 19:07:18 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Wednesday, 21 September 2011 12:13:33 GMT