W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-media-fragment@w3.org > May 2009

RE: Media Fragments Working Group: Agenda 13 May, Telecon 1200 UTC

From: Davy Van Deursen <davy.vandeursen@ugent.be>
Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 08:09:20 +0200
To: 'RaphaŽl Troncy' <Raphael.Troncy@cwi.nl>, <public-media-fragment@w3.org>
Cc: "'Erik Mannens'" <erik.mannens@ugent.be>, "'Guillaume Olivrin'" <golivrin@meraka.org.za>
Message-ID: <000301c9d391$5ada62b0$108f2810$@vandeursen@ugent.be>
Dear all,

I will not be able to join because today is my internal PhD Defense.

Best regards,

Davy

-- 
Davy Van Deursen

Ghent University - IBBT
Department of Electronics and Information Systems 
Multimedia Lab
URL: http://multimedialab.elis.ugent.be

>-----Original Message-----
>From: public-media-fragment-request@w3.org [mailto:public-media-
>fragment-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of RaphaŽl Troncy
>Sent: Tuesday, May 12, 2009 10:52 PM
>To: public-media-fragment@w3.org
>Cc: Erik Mannens; Guillaume Olivrin
>Subject: Media Fragments Working Group: Agenda 13 May, Telecon 1200 UTC
>
>Dear Media Fragmenters,
>
>[Apologies for this late notice]
>
>Please, find below the agenda for this week (tomorrow) telecon.
>http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?day=13&month=05&yea
>r=2009&hour=12&min=00&sec=0&p1=0
>
>The scribe will be Guillaume (Conrad, Michael are on deck).
>Best regards.
>
>   Erik & RaphaŽl
>
>------------
>
>AGENDA Teleconference
>W3C Media Fragments Working Group telephone conference 2009-05-13
>-------------------------------------------------------------------
>Wednesday, 13 May *12:00-13:00 UTC*
>Local time:
>http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?day=13&month=05&yea
>r=2009&hour=12&min=00&sec=0&p1=0
>
>
>13 May 2009, 1200 UTC
>              0500 (West US)
>              1300 (Galway)
>              1400 (Amsterdam, Paris, Pretoria)
>              2100 (Tokyo)
>              2200 (Sydney)
>Bridge US: +1-617-761-6200 (Zakim)
>Bridge FR: +33.4.89.06.34.99
>Bridge UK: +44.117.370.6152
>Conference code : 3724# (spells "FRAG")
>Duration : 60 minutes
>-------------------------------------------------------------------
>IRC channel          : #mediafrag on irc.w3.org:6665
>W3C IRC Web Client   : http://www.w3.org/2001/01/cgi-irc
>Other clients are listed at http://www.w3.org/Project/IRC/#Client
>Zakim information    : http://www.w3.org/2002/01/UsingZakim
>Zakim bridge monitor : http://www.w3.org/1998/12/bridge/Zakim.html
>Zakim IRC bot        : http://www.w3.org/2001/12/zakim-irc-bot.html
>-------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>Chair: Raphael, Erik
>ScribeList: http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/ScribeList
>Scribe: Guillaume (On Deck: Conrad, Michael)
>Regrets: none
>
>Please note that Media Fragments WG telecons are for attendance by
>members and invited experts only.
>
>1. ADMIN:
>* Roll call
>* PROPOSED to accept the minutes of the 29 April 2009 telecon:
>http://www.w3.org/2009/04/29-mediafrag-minutes.html
>* ACTION-66: Jack to look at the organisation of the 4th F2F meeting in
>Amsterdam on September 17-18 (just after IBC)
>See also:
>http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-
>fragment/2009Apr/0142.html
>Should we organize a poll in order to know who can attend this meeting?
>
>2. UC & REQUIREMENTS:
><URL> to be provided tomorrow
>* ACTION-68: Raphael to ask the Media Annotations WG to review our
>document
>* ACTION-74: Erik and Raphael to request feedback of other groups such
>as SYMM, SVG, HTML + WHATWG, WAI, MAWG, TAG, MobileWeb, TimedText
>* ACTION-65: Raphael to split current document into i) UC and Req and
>ii) Syntax and Processing and setup the diff in xmlspec
>
>3. SPECIFICATION:
><URL> to be provided tomorrow
>
>3.1 Syntax: (Yves)
>* ACTION-49: Yves to Draft the HTTP-Range syntax for different units
>(completing all the syntax for the two way handshake)
>* ACTION-67: Erik to sync with Jean Pierre to get the edit units spec
>reference
>
>3.2 UA Server HTTP Communication (Conrad/Raphael)
>* ACTION-63: Conrad to update the Wiki with his more general approach
>with precisely the same examples
>* ACTION-69: Conrad to draw a representation of the general structure of
>a media resource, for streamable formats
>
>3.3 UA MF Resolution and Processing: (Michael)
>* ACTION-64: Michael to write into the WD section 6.4, what the client
>should do with #everything after the hash : "Client Side Media Fragment
>Resolution"
>* ACTION-77: Yves to investigate what's happened when facing an invalid
>Media Fragment URI
>** See also:
>http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/UserAgentMediaFragmentRes
>olution
>
>4. TEST CASES: (Michael)
>* See: http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/TestCases
>* See the discussion thread at:
>http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-
>fragment/2009Apr/0135.html
>
>5. ISSUES
>* ISSUE-3 [Michael]: Does our MF URI syntax imply that we need to update
>MIME Type registrations?
>** ACTION-76: Erik to contact the editors of MPEG-21 Part 17 regarding
>the registry of their scheme
>
>* ISSUE-4 [Silvia]: Should we pre-define some track names?
>** ACTION-73: Conrad to change the phrasing of the issue 4 (just
>audio/video)?
>
>* ISSUE-5 [Jack]: Handling spatial cropping requires information at
>client-side
>* ISSUE-6 [Jack]: Temporal clips that require transcoding
>** ACTION-62: Yves to ask the TAG whether transcoding should be
>forbidden or not when we send a fragment of a resource
>
>6. IMPLEMENTATION:
>* ACTION-34: Jack to look at python-url library to see whether he could
>implement the logic on client side
>* ACTION-35: Raphael to look at curl and/or wget to see whether the
>logic could be implemented on client side
>* ACTION-70: Jack to commit in CVS (code directory) his python code
>doing the parsing on client side of the media fragment
>* ACTION-71: Michael to investigate whether he could have an
>implementation in Javascript that does the client-side media fragments
>parsing
>
>7. AOB
>
>--
>RaphaŽl Troncy
>CWI (Centre for Mathematics and Computer Science),
>Kruislaan 413, 1098 SJ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
>e-mail: raphael.troncy@cwi.nl & raphael.troncy@gmail.com
>Tel: +31 (0)20 - 592 4093
>Fax: +31 (0)20 - 592 4312
>Web: http://www.cwi.nl/~troncy/
>
>
Received on Wednesday, 13 May 2009 06:10:02 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Wednesday, 21 September 2011 12:13:33 GMT