Re: Action 53 - Check whether ffmpeg can be used from clipping and cropping

To get a quick and dirty implementation, ffmpeg is indeed useful. It
will demonstrate some things of what we discussed.

I agree with Davy: I don't think ffmpeg will do fragmented versions
from the original file, but I expect it to rather create transcoded
versions from it. This will be a problem when we get to caching, since
there will be very little if any overlap between the original file and
the newly created one which claims to be a fragment of the original
one. I'm not even sure it will do the right thing for Ogg even though
Ogg has clear specifications on how to do so (in the temporal domain).

Jack: did you check whether ffmpeg did indeed create fragmented
versions of the original file or a fully trascoded version for each of
the examples?