W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-media-fragment@w3.org > March 2009

Re: Media Fragments Working Group: Agenda 18 March, Telecon 0900 UTC: ONE HOUR EARLIER !!!

From: Michael Hausenblas <michael.hausenblas@deri.org>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 04:40:17 +0000
To: RaphaŽl Troncy <Raphael.Troncy@cwi.nl>, Media Fragment <public-media-fragment@w3.org>
CC: Erik Mannens <erik.mannens@ugent.be>
Message-ID: <C5E62BB1.2E31%michael.hausenblas@deri.org>

Regrets, on travel.

Cheers,
      Michael

-- 
Dr. Michael Hausenblas
DERI - Digital Enterprise Research Institute
National University of Ireland, Lower Dangan,
Galway, Ireland, Europe
Tel. +353 91 495730
http://sw-app.org/about.html
http://webofdata.wordpress.com/


> From: RaphaŽl Troncy <Raphael.Troncy@cwi.nl>
> Organization: CWI
> Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 11:10:16 +0100
> To: Media Fragment <public-media-fragment@w3.org>
> Cc: Erik Mannens <erik.mannens@ugent.be>
> Subject: Media Fragments Working Group: Agenda 18 March, Telecon 0900 UTC:
> ONE HOUR EARLIER !!!
> Resent-From: Media Fragment <public-media-fragment@w3.org>
> Resent-Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 10:10:59 +0000
> 
> Dear Media Fragmenters,
> 
> Please, find below the agenda for this week telecon. Please, note the
> new *hour* and use the link (and summary) below to see the telecon hour
> depending on your time zone: normally one hour *earlier* for all Asians
> and Europeans!
> 
> There is outstanding actions for all to fill each section of the WD
> document, see
> http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/WD-media-fragments-reqs/.
> Please, complete your action as soon as possible.
> 
> The scribe will be Yves (Silvia, Guillaume are on deck), please, make
> sure you can make it! I have to send regrets as I have to attend a EU
> project review meeting.
> Best regards.
> 
>    Erik & RaphaŽl
> 
> ------------
> 
> AGENDA Teleconference
> W3C Media Fragments Working Group telephone conference 2009-03-18
> 
> -------------------------------------------------------------------
> Wednesday, 18 March *09:00-10:00 UTC*
> Local time:
> http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?day=18&month=03&year=2009
> &hour=09&min=00&sec=0&p1=0
> 18 March 2009, 0900 UTC
>                    0200 (West US) // unchanged
>                    0500 (East US) // unchanged
>                    1000 (Amsterdam) // 1 hour earlier
>                    1100 (Athens)  // 1 hour earlier
>                    1800 (Seoul)  // 1 hour earlier
>                    2000 (Sydney)  // 1 hour earlier
> Bridge US: +1-617-761-6200 (Zakim)
> Bridge FR: +33.4.89.06.34.99
> Bridge UK: +44.117.370.6152
> Conference code : 3724# (spells "FRAG")
> Duration : 60 minutes
> -------------------------------------------------------------------
> IRC channel          : #mediafrag on irc.w3.org:6665
> W3C IRC Web Client   : http://www.w3.org/2001/01/cgi-irc
> Other clients are listed at http://www.w3.org/Project/IRC/#Client
> Zakim information    : http://www.w3.org/2002/01/UsingZakim
> Zakim bridge monitor : http://www.w3.org/1998/12/bridge/Zakim.html
> Zakim IRC bot        : http://www.w3.org/2001/12/zakim-irc-bot.html
> -------------------------------------------------------------------
> 
> Chair: Erik
> ScribeList: http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/ScribeList
> Scribe: Yves (On Deck: Silvia, Guillaume)
> Regrets: Raphael
> 
> Please note that Media Fragments WG telecons are for attendance by
> members and invited experts only.
> 
> 1. ADMIN:
> 
> * Roll call
> * PROPOSED to accept the minutes of the 11th March 2009 telecon:
> http://www.w3.org/2009/03/11-mediafrag-minutes.html and ammendments:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2009Mar/0039.html
> * US Daylight Savings Time (3 weeks earlier than Europe): for IA_MFWG,
> zakim is based on US clocks. We have the telecon one hour earlier for
> again the next week!
> 
> 2. PREPARATION OF WORKING DRAFT
> 
> See: http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/WD-media-fragments-reqs/
> 
> 2.1 Syntax:
> * ACTION-46: Yves to check the formal validity of the grammar (on
> 2009-03-25)
> * ACTION-48: Yves to modify the ABNF syntax of Media Fragment URI spec
> so the top level production rule is now 'segment'
> 
> 2.2 Use Cases & Requirements Discussion: (Silvia)
> See:
> 
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/Use_Cases_%26_Requirements_Draf>
t
> Reviews:
>    . Raphael:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2008Nov/0044.html
>    . Jack:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2008Nov/0053.html
>    . Guillaume:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2008Nov/0076.html
>    . Davy:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2008Dec/0007.html
> 
> 2.3 Existing Technologies Survey (Erik)
> See:
> http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/Existing_Technologies_Survey
> 
> 2.4 HTTP implementation (Raphael)
> See: http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/HTTP_implementation
> 
> 3. ISSUES
> * ISSUE-3 [Michael]: Does our MF URI syntax imply that we need to update
> MIME Type
> registrations?
> http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/issues/3
> ** Some related discussion on the TAG mailing list (started by Michael):
>    - Thread http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2009Feb/0074.html
>    - Thread http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2009Feb/0183.html
> ** ACTION-42: Michael to dig deeper into the video/* issue proposed by TimBL
> ** ACTION-47: Michael to write the options related to the semantics of
> media fragments and the procedure on the wiki
> 
> * ISSUE-4 [Silvia]: Should we pre-define some track names?
> http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/issues/4
> 
> 4. Implementation:
> * ACTION-34: Jack to look at python-url library to see whether he could
> implement the logic on client side  
> * ACTION-35: Raphael to look at curl and/or wget to see whether the
> logic could be implemented on client side
> 
> 5. AOB
> 
> -- 
> RaphaŽl Troncy
> CWI (Centre for Mathematics and Computer Science),
> Kruislaan 413, 1098 SJ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
> e-mail: raphael.troncy@cwi.nl & raphael.troncy@gmail.com
> Tel: +31 (0)20 - 592 4093
> Fax: +31 (0)20 - 592 4312
> Web: http://www.cwi.nl/~troncy/
> 
> 
Received on Wednesday, 18 March 2009 04:40:56 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Wednesday, 21 September 2011 12:13:32 GMT