W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-media-fragment@w3.org > March 2009

Media Fragments Working Group: Agenda 11 March, Telecon 0900 UTC: ONE HOUR EARLIER !!!

From: RaphaŽl Troncy <Raphael.Troncy@cwi.nl>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 09:21:20 +0100
Message-ID: <49B62300.7060808@cwi.nl>
To: public-media-fragment@w3.org
CC: Erik Mannens <erik.mannens@ugent.be>
Dear Media Fragmenters,

Please, find below the agenda for this week telecon. Please, note the
new *hour* and use the link (and summary) below to see the telecon hour
depending on your time zone: normally one hour *earlier* for all Asians
and Europeans!
There is a poll opened at 
http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/42785/MFRAGSYNTAXSEGMENT/ with still a lot 
of non-responders. Please, answer to this questionnaire prior to the 
telecon.
There is outstanding actions for all to fill each section of the WD 
document, see 
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/WD-media-fragments-reqs/. 
Please, complete your action as soon as possible.
The scribe will be Jack (Yves is on deck), please, make
sure you can make it!
Best regards.

   Erik & RaphaŽl

------------

AGENDA Teleconference
W3C Media Fragments Working Group telephone conference 2009-03-11

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Wednesday, 11 March *09:00-10:00 UTC*
Local time:
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?day=11&month=03&year=2009&hour=09&min=00&sec=0&p1=0
11 March 2009, 0900 UTC
                   0200 (West US)	// unchanged
                   0500 (East US)	// unchanged
                   1000 (Amsterdam)	// 1 hour earlier
                   1100 (Athens)		// 1 hour earlier
                   1800 (Seoul)		// 1 hour earlier
                   2000 (Sydney)		// 1 hour earlier
Bridge US: +1-617-761-6200 (Zakim)
Bridge FR: +33.4.89.06.34.99
Bridge UK: +44.117.370.6152
Conference code : 3724# (spells "FRAG")
Duration : 60 minutes
-------------------------------------------------------------------
IRC channel          : #mediafrag on irc.w3.org:6665
W3C IRC Web Client   : http://www.w3.org/2001/01/cgi-irc
Other clients are listed at http://www.w3.org/Project/IRC/#Client
Zakim information    : http://www.w3.org/2002/01/UsingZakim
Zakim bridge monitor : http://www.w3.org/1998/12/bridge/Zakim.html
Zakim IRC bot        : http://www.w3.org/2001/12/zakim-irc-bot.html
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Chair: Erik, Raphael
ScribeList: http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/ScribeList
Scribe: Jack (On Deck: Yves, Silvia)
Regrets:

Please note that Media Fragments WG telecons are for attendance by
members and invited experts only.

1. ADMIN:

* Roll call
* PROPOSED to accept the minutes of the 04th March 2009 telecon:
http://www.w3.org/2009/03/04-mediafrag-minutes.html
* 3rd F2F meeting (Barcelona, 16-17 April):
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2009Feb/0046.html
ACTION-44: Yves to take care of zakim bridge for F2F
* Potential 4th F2F meeting (Santa Clara, CA, USA, 2-6 November) @TPAC
2009. Would we like to have a group meeting there?
Survey: http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/34786/TPAC2009/
Alternatives could be a cheaper mini-multi-group meeting held in MIT
(Boston) early 2010.
* US Daylight Savings Time (3 weeks earlier than Europe): for IA_MFWG,
zakim is based on US clocks. We have the telecon one hour earlier for
again the next 2 weeks!

2. PREPARATION OF WORKING DRAFT

See: http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/WD-media-fragments-reqs/

2.1 Syntax:
* ACTION-45: Erik and Raphael to set up a questionnaire to find a name
for the top level Media Fragment production rule
* Poll in place at: http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/42785/MFRAGSYNTAXSEGMENT/
* ACTION-46: Yves to check the formal validity of the grammar (on
2009-03-25)

2.2 Use Cases & Requirements Discussion: (Silvia)
See:
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/Use_Cases_%26_Requirements_Draft
Reviews:
   . Raphael:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2008Nov/0044.html
   . Jack:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2008Nov/0053.html
   . Guillaume:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2008Nov/0076.html
   . Davy:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2008Dec/0007.html

2.3 Existing Technologies Survey (Erik)
See:
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/Existing_Technologies_Survey
* ACTION-23: Erik (together with Jean-Pierre) to add TV-Anytime also to
Existing Technologies Survey

2.4 HTTP implementation (Raphael)
See: http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/HTTP_implementation 
and 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2009Mar/0021.html

3. ISSUES
* ISSUE-3 [Michael]: Does our MF URI syntax imply that we need to update 
MIME Type
registrations?
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/issues/3
** Some related discussion on the TAG mailing list (started by Michael):
   - Thread http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2009Feb/0074.html
   - Thread http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2009Feb/0183.html
** ACTION-42: Michael to dig deeper into the video/* issue proposed by TimBL
** ACTION-47: Michael to write the options related to the semantics of
media fragments and the procedure on the wiki

* ISSUE-4 [Silvia]: Should we pre-define some track names?
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/issues/4

4. Implementation:
* ACTION-34: Jack to look at python-url library to see whether he could
implement the logic on client side 	
* ACTION-35: Raphael to look at curl and/or wget to see whether the
logic could be implemented on client side

5. AOB

-- 
RaphaŽl Troncy
CWI (Centre for Mathematics and Computer Science),
Kruislaan 413, 1098 SJ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
e-mail: raphael.troncy@cwi.nl & raphael.troncy@gmail.com
Tel: +31 (0)20 - 592 4093
Fax: +31 (0)20 - 592 4312
Web: http://www.cwi.nl/~troncy/
Received on Tuesday, 10 March 2009 08:49:20 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Wednesday, 21 September 2011 12:13:32 GMT