Linked Media: Weaving non-textual content into the semantic web

From: RaphaŽl Troncy <Raphael.Troncy@cwi.nl>
Date: Fri, 06 Mar 2009 20:01:56 +0100
To: Media Fragment <public-media-fragment@w3.org>, "public-media-annotation@w3.org" <public-media-annotation@w3.org>
CC: Philippe Le Hegaret <plh@w3.org>
Dear all,

[Apologies for the cross-posting between the two lists. I would
recommend to follow this thread only on one list.]

I attended today a European Mozilla camp,
https://wiki.mozilla.org/MozCamp/Utrecht where I presented the following
presentation (also linked from the MF group homepage):
  Linked Media: Weaving non-textual content into the semantic web
  http://www.cwi.nl/~troncy/Talks/2009-03-06-mozcamp/

I have presented the latest result from both working groups and make an
explicit call for implementations since I was talking to the
developer/hacker community. They receive very positively the work of
both groups and some of them said they will implement spec.

Regarding the Media Fragment status, I received two interesting
questions/suggestions:
   - Developers like the use of the '#' character for identifying the
fragment. Some suggest to use a '##' like Pythons library;
   - I got the question: how smart UA will know it is requesting a
fragment of a media resource and needs to do the clever processing of
encoding the fragment in a custom http header?
Cheers!