W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-media-fragment@w3.org > March 2009

minutes of 2009-03-04 teleconference

From: RaphaŽl Troncy <Raphael.Troncy@cwi.nl>
Date: Wed, 04 Mar 2009 13:28:06 +0100
Message-ID: <49AE73D6.7040608@cwi.nl>
To: Media Fragment <public-media-fragment@w3.org>
All,

The minutes of this week telecon are available for review at 
http://www.w3.org/2009/03/04-mediafrag-minutes.html (and in text format 
below). Thanks Guillaume for the scribing, I have update the wiki page 
accordingly.

I have updated 
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/WD-media-fragments-reqs/ 
regarding the responsibilities for each chapter (Michael helps on 
chapter 4 and ensures the interim of Jack on chapter 6, and Conrad helps 
on chapter 7).
Cheers!

   Erick & Raphael

------------
    [1]W3C
       [1] http://www.w3.org/
              Media Fragments Working Group Teleconference
04 Mar 2009
    [2]Agenda
       [2] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2009Mar/0004.html
    See also: [3]IRC log
       [3] http://www.w3.org/2009/03/04-mediafrag-irc
Attendees
    Present
           raphael, Yves, Jack_Jansen, Gui, conrad,
           Thierry, Erik, Davy, mhausenblas
    Regrets
    Chair
           Erik, Raphael
    Scribe
           Guillaume

Contents

      * [4]Topics
          1. [5]1. Admin
          2. [6]Next F2F meeting
          3. [7]Next TPAC meeting
          4. [8]2. Preparation of Working Draft
          5. [9]2.2 Syntax
          6. [10]FINDING A NAME FOR THE TOP LEVEL
          7. [11]2.4 Existing Technologies Survey
          8. [12]3. ISSUES
      * [13]Summary of Action Items
      _________________________________________________________



    <trackbot> Date: 04 March 2009

    <jackjansen> Is there a teleconf today? I haven't seen an agenda....

    <raphael> Yes Jack, agenda is at:
    [14]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2009Ma
    r/0004.html

      [14] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2009Mar/0004.html

    <raphael> Scribe: Guillaume

    <raphael> Scribenick: Gui

1. Admin

    <raphael> Propose to accept the minutes:
    [15]http://www.w3.org/2009/02/25-mediafrag-minutes.html

      [15] http://www.w3.org/2009/02/25-mediafrag-minutes.html

    <davy> +1

    Accept last meeting minutes?

    <conrad> +1

    +1

Next F2F meeting

    Silvia to participate in the morning

    Yves to book the Zakim session for the F2F

    Next TPAC meeting is in Santa Clara, raphael proposes alternative to
    meet at MIT in Boston. What does the group think?

Next TPAC meeting

    2-6 November

    <erik> Davy & I will be able to attend at whatever premises

    Yves says we should have it with the Media Annotation WG

    We might want to have input from the other working group and to
    discuss with them

    jack mentionss that since most people in Europe, a European meeting
    might be preferred but it's about having TAPC with other groups

    <tmichel> Daylight Savings Time -- aka Summer Time -- coming next
    week to the US.

    <tmichel> Most of the US will be moving its clocks forward this year
    on March 8.

    <tmichel> This is 3 weeks earlier than Europe.

    <tmichel> Most folk outside the US will need to join teleconferences
    1 hour

    <tmichel> earlier between 8 March and 29 March at 12:00-13:00Z.

    <tmichel> After 29 March most teleconferences will be back on the
    same relative

    <tmichel> local time for Europe.

    Zakim bridge is on US time

    The next meeting agenda will have the teleconference time message in
    bold

2. Preparation of Working Draft

    <raphael>
    [16]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/WD-media-fragments-req
    s/

      [16] 
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/WD-media-fragments-reqs/

    <tmichel> We could request to have our telecon scheduled in UTC, but
    I would not recommend this as it may colapse with other conference
    which are schedulled in US time

    Michael would like a @tmichel in the draft

    tmichel offers to do some editions : starts with the requirement
    section

    <raphael> s/tmichiel/mhausenblas

    <conrad> i'd like to help with section 7

    Raphael encourages everybody to have there section ready for next
    week teleconference

    jackjansen needs a replacement for preparing section 6 Naming
    Fragments

    mhausenblas offered to work on section 6

2.2 Syntax

    jackjansen worries with the current syntax using colons it's
    difficult to parse the different types of digits

    Existing libraries do not provide clues on how to recognize a
    typical timecode s

    Yves: Issue would be if there is an ambiguity, which makes it
    difficult to parse

    Ask the community to comment on the issue

    FINDING A NAME FOR THE TOP LEVEL

FINDING A NAME FOR THE TOP LEVEL

    <jackjansen> +1 for vote

    Let's have a questionnaire for this

    <scribe> ACTION: Erik and Raphael to set up a questionnaire to find
    a name for the top level Media Fragment predicate [recorded in
    [17]http://www.w3.org/2009/03/04-mediafrag-minutes.html#action01]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-45 - And Raphael to set up a questionnaire
    to find a name for the top level Media Fragment predicate [on Erik
    Mannens - due 2009-03-11].

    Topic 2.23. Time units, optional?

    <scribe> ACTION: Yves Check on later version of the grammar -
    25/03/2009 [recorded in
    [18]http://www.w3.org/2009/03/04-mediafrag-minutes.html#action02]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-46 - Check on later version of the grammar
    - 25/03/2009 [on Yves Lafon - due 2009-03-11].

    <jackjansen>
    [19]http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en-us&q=railroad+
    diagrams&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

      [19] 
http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en-us&q=railroad+diagrams&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

    Thanks!

2.4 Existing Technologies Survey

    Send email to mailing list to get feedback, otherwise we put the
    content into main document

3. ISSUES

    <raphael> ISSUE-3

    Does our MF URI syntax imply that we need to update MIME Type

    registrations?

    We should do it the generic way (to ensure the adoption of the media
    types)

    <scribe> ACTION: Michael Write the options and the procedure on Wiki
    [recorded in
    [20]http://www.w3.org/2009/03/04-mediafrag-minutes.html#action03]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-47 - Write the options and the procedure
    on Wiki [on Michael Hausenblas - due 2009-03-11].

    Priority is to have the draft ready

    Remember the 1 hour earlier next week

    bye

    <conrad> thanks

    <raphael> meetings adjourned

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: Erik and Raphael to set up a questionnaire to find a
    name for the top level Media Fragment predicate [recorded in
    [21]http://www.w3.org/2009/03/04-mediafrag-minutes.html#action01]
    [NEW] ACTION: Michael Write the options and the procedure on Wiki
    [recorded in
    [22]http://www.w3.org/2009/03/04-mediafrag-minutes.html#action03]
    [NEW] ACTION: Yves Check on later version of the grammar -
    25/03/2009 [recorded in
    [23]http://www.w3.org/2009/03/04-mediafrag-minutes.html#action02]

    [End of minutes]

-- 
RaphaŽl Troncy
CWI (Centre for Mathematics and Computer Science),
Science Park 123, 1098 XG Amsterdam, The Netherlands
e-mail: raphael.troncy@cwi.nl & raphael.troncy@gmail.com
Tel: +31 (0)20 - 592 4093
Fax: +31 (0)20 - 592 4312
Web: http://www.cwi.nl/~troncy/
Received on Wednesday, 4 March 2009 12:59:47 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Wednesday, 21 September 2011 12:13:32 GMT