W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-media-fragment@w3.org > June 2009

Re: Media Fragments Working Group: Agenda 24 June, Telecon 1200 UTC

From: Thierry Michel <tmichel@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 09:00:52 +0200
Message-ID: <4A41CF24.1050901@w3.org>
To: RaphaŽl Troncy <Raphael.Troncy@cwi.nl>
CC: public-media-fragment@w3.org, Erik Mannens <erik.mannens@ugent.be>
RaphaŽl,

Regrets, I will be in an airplane at that time.

Thierry

  Troncy a ťcrit :
> Dear Media Fragmenters,
> 
> Please, find below the agenda for today's telecon, and apologies for 
> this late advert.
> http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?day=24&month=06&year=2009&hour=12&min=00&sec=0&p1=0. 
> 
> There is a lot of ongoing actions, we will try to clean most of them :-)
> The scribe will be Jack (Erik can be on deck?).
> Best regards.
> 
>   Erik & RaphaŽl
> 
> ------------
> 
> AGENDA Teleconference
> W3C Media Fragments Working Group telephone conference 2009-06-24
> -------------------------------------------------------------------
> Wednesday, 24 June *12:00-13:00 UTC*
> Local time:
> http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?day=24&month=06&year=2009&hour=12&min=00&sec=0&p1=0 
> 
> 
> 24 June 2009, 1200 UTC
>              0500 (West US)
>              1300 (Galway)
>              1400 (Amsterdam, Paris, Pretoria)
>              2100 (Tokyo)
>              2200 (Sydney)
> Bridge US: +1-617-761-6200 (Zakim)
> Bridge FR: +33.4.89.06.34.99
> Bridge UK: +44.117.370.6152
> Conference code : 3724# (spells "FRAG")
> Duration : 60 minutes
> -------------------------------------------------------------------
> IRC channel          : #mediafrag on irc.w3.org:6665
> W3C IRC Web Client   : http://www.w3.org/2001/01/cgi-irc
> Other clients are listed at http://www.w3.org/Project/IRC/#Client
> Zakim information    : http://www.w3.org/2002/01/UsingZakim
> Zakim bridge monitor : http://www.w3.org/1998/12/bridge/Zakim.html
> Zakim IRC bot        : http://www.w3.org/2001/12/zakim-irc-bot.html
> -------------------------------------------------------------------
> 
> Chair: Raphael, Erik
> ScribeList: http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/ScribeList
> Scribe: Jack (On Deck: Erik)
> Regrets: none
> 
> Please note that Media Fragments WG telecons are for attendance by
> members and invited experts only.
> 
> 1. ADMIN:
> * Roll call
> * PROPOSED to accept the minutes of the 10 June 2009 telecon:
> http://www.w3.org/2009/06/10-mediafrag-minutes.html
> 
> 2. UC & REQUIREMENTS:
> * ACTION-68: Raphael to ask the Media Annotations WG to review our document
> * ACTION-74: Erik and Raphael to request feedback of other groups such
> as SYMM, SVG, HTML + WHATWG, WAI, MAWG, TAG, MobileWeb, TimedText
> * ACTION-65: Raphael to split current document into i) UC and Req and
> ii) Syntax and Processing and setup the diff in xmlspec
> * ACTION-83: Erik to check whether UC & REQUIREMENTS going to be a W3C 
> WG Note or will it go to Last Call ?
> 
> 3. SPECIFICATION:
> 
> 3.1 Syntax: (Yves)
> * ACTION-49: Yves to Draft the HTTP-Range syntax for different units
> (completing all the syntax for the two way handshake)
> * ACTION-67: Erik to sync with Jean Pierre to get the edit units spec
> reference
> 
> 3.2 UA Server HTTP Communication (Conrad/Raphael)
> * ACTION-63: Conrad to update the Wiki with his more general approach
> with precisely the same examples
> * ACTION-69: Conrad to draw a representation of the general structure of
> a media resource, for streamable formats
> * ACTION-80: Conrad to provide some rational and use cases for his proposal
> 
> 3.3 UA MF Resolution and Processing: (Michael)
> * ACTION-64: Michael to write into the WD section 6.4, what the client
> should do with #everything after the hash : "Client Side Media Fragment
> Resolution"
> * ACTION-77: Yves to investigate what's happened when facing an invalid
> Media Fragment URI
> ** See also:
> http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/UserAgentMediaFragmentResolution 
> 
> 
> 4. TEST CASES: (Michael)
> * See: http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/TestCases
> * See the discussion thread at:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2009Apr/0135.html
> ** ACTION-81: Michael to update the TC discussion page with 204 proposal
> and ask Yves's opinion on the list
> ** DONE: see
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2009May/0044.html
> 
> 5. ISSUES
> * ISSUE-3 [Michael]: Does our MF URI syntax imply that we need to update
> MIME Type registrations?
> ** ACTION-76: Erik to contact the editors of MPEG-21 Part 17 regarding
> the registry of their scheme
> 
> * ISSUE-4 [Silvia]: Should we pre-define some track names?
> ** ACTION-73: Conrad to change the phrasing of the issue 4 (just
> audio/video)?
> 
> * ISSUE-5 [Jack]: Handling spatial cropping requires information at
> client-side
> * ISSUE-6 [Jack]: Temporal clips that require transcoding
> ** ACTION-62: Yves to ask the TAG whether transcoding should be
> forbidden or not when we send a fragment of a resource
> 
> * ISSUE-9 [Michael]: Should we have the media type inside the Test Cases?
> ** ACTION-82: Michael to flesh out TC vocabulary re ISSUE-9
> 
> 6. IMPLEMENTATION:
> * ACTION-34: Jack to look at python-url library to see whether he could
> implement the logic on client side
> * ACTION-35: Raphael to look at curl and/or wget to see whether the
> logic could be implemented on client side
> * ACTION-70: Jack to commit in CVS (code directory) his python code
> doing the parsing on client side of the media fragment
> * ACTION-71: Michael to investigate whether he could have an
> implementation in Javascript that does the client-side media fragments
> parsing
> 
> 7. AOB
> 
Received on Wednesday, 24 June 2009 07:01:37 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Wednesday, 21 September 2011 12:13:33 GMT