Re: Image sprites

From: Philip TAYLOR <P.Taylor@Rhul.Ac.Uk>
Date: Sat, 06 Jun 2009 09:01:05 +0100
To: Jorrit Vermeiren <mercator+w3c@gmail.com>
CC: public-media-fragment@w3.org, www-style@w3.org
Thank you so much for those references.  Ever since
the start of this discussion, I have thought of "sprites"
only as some sort of animated cartoon character.  I now
realise they have serious uses as well.  The choice of
name is unfortunate (I am sure I am not the only one
to think of them pejoratively) but I can see now that
the technique is a valuable one, and well worth the
amount of serious discussion that is has been receiving.

Philip TAYLOR
--------