W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-media-fragment@w3.org > July 2009

RE: Media Fragments Working Group: Agenda 29 July, Telecon 1200 UTC

From: Davy Van Deursen <davy.vandeursen@ugent.be>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 15:30:11 +0200
To: "'erik mannens'" <erik.mannens@ugent.be>
Cc: <public-media-fragment@w3.org>
Message-ID: <002a01ca0f87$88cf5090$9a6df1b0$@vandeursen@ugent.be>
Dear all,

 

I will not be available for tomorrow’s phone call.

 

Best regards,

 

Davy

 

-- 

Davy Van Deursen

 

Ghent University - IBBT

Department of Electronics and Information Systems 

Multimedia Lab

URL:  <http://multimedialab.elis.ugent.be/>
http://multimedialab.elis.ugent.be

 

From: public-media-fragment-request@w3.org
[mailto:public-media-fragment-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of erik mannens
Sent: Tuesday, July 28, 2009 2:46 PM
To: public-media-fragment@w3.org
Subject: Media Fragments Working Group: Agenda 29 July, Telecon 1200 UTC

 

Dear Media Fragmenters,

 

 

Please, find below the agenda for tomorrow’s telecon.

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?day=29&month=07&year=20
09&hour=12&min=00&sec=0&p1=0.

 

 

Best regards.

 

 

RaphaŽl & Erik

 

------------

 

AGENDA Teleconference

W3C Media Fragments Working Group telephone conference 2009-07-29

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Wednesday, 29 July *12:00-13:00 UTC*

Local time:

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?day=29&month=07&year=20
09&hour=12&min=00&sec=0&p1=0

 

 

29 July 2009, 1200 UTC

              0500 (West US)

              1300 (Galway)

              1400 (Amsterdam, Paris, Pretoria)

              2100 (Tokyo)

              2200 (Sydney)

Bridge US: +1-617-761-6200 (Zakim)

Bridge FR: +33.4.89.06.34.99

Bridge UK: +44.117.370.6152

Conference code : 3724# (spells "FRAG")

Duration : 60 minutes

-------------------------------------------------------------------

IRC channel          : #mediafrag on irc.w3.org:6665

W3C IRC Web Client   : http://www.w3.org/2001/01/cgi-irc

Other clients are listed at http://www.w3.org/Project/IRC/#Client

Zakim information    : http://www.w3.org/2002/01/UsingZakim

Zakim bridge monitor : http://www.w3.org/1998/12/bridge/Zakim.html

Zakim IRC bot        : http://www.w3.org/2001/12/zakim-irc-bot.html

-------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Chair: Raphael/Erik

ScribeList: http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/ScribeList

Scribe: Conrad, Erik

Regrets: Jack, Yves

 

Please note that Media Fragments WG telecons are for attendance by

members and invited experts only.

 

 

1. ADMIN:

* Roll call

* PROPOSED to accept the minutes of the 15 & 22 July 2009 telecon:

http://www.w3.org/2009/07/15-mediafrag-minutes.html

http://www.w3.org/2009/07/22-mediafrag-minutes.html

* ACTION-92:  <http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/92>
Erik and Raphael to coordinate the writing of papers (ongoing … re-raise
around 15/09/09)

 

 

2. UC & REQUIREMENTS:

* ACTION-68: Raphael to ask the Media Annotations WG to review our document

* ACTION-74: Erik, Raphael, and Yves to request feedback of other groups
such

as SYMM, SVG, HTML + WHATWG, WAI, MAWG, TAG, MobileWeb, TimedText (ongoing …
re-raise around 15/09/09)

 

 

3. SPECIFICATION:

 

3.1 Syntax: (Yves)

* ACTION-49: Yves to Draft the HTTP-Range syntax for different units

(completing all the syntax for the two way handshake) (ongoing … re-raise
around 15/08/09, after IETF Meeting)

* ACTION-93: Michael to revisit the TC and see which are affected by the
temporal-optional-comma-decision

 

3.2 UA Server HTTP Communication (Conrad/Raphael)

* ACTION-69: Conrad to draw a representation of the general structure of

a media resource, for streamable formats (ongoing … re-raise around
01/09/09, when having had full discussion)

 

3.3 UA MF Resolution and Processing: (Michael)

* ACTION-64: Michael to write into the WD section 6.4, what the client

should do with #everything after the hash : "Client Side Media Fragment

Resolution" (See also ISSUE-7)

 

 

4. TEST CASES: (Michael)

* See: http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/TestCases

** review some more TC’s

 

 

5. ISSUES

* ISSUE-3 [Michael]: Does our MF URI syntax imply that we need to update

MIME Type registrations?

** ACTION-89: Yves to find out more about fragment identifier registration
(ongoing … re-raise around 15/08/09, after IETF Meeting)

 

* ISSUE-4 [Silvia] :
<http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/issues/4> Should we
pre-define some track names?

 

* ISSUE-5 [Jack]: Handling spatial cropping requires information at

client-side

 

* ISSUE-6 [Jack]: Temporal clips that require transcoding

** ACTION-62: Yves to ask the TAG whether transcoding should be

forbidden or not when we send a fragment of a resource

 

* ISSUE-7 [Michael]:
<http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/issues/7> User Agent
Media Fragment Resolution and Processing

** ACTION-64: Michael to write into the WD section 6.4, what the client
should do with #everything after the hash : "Client Side Media Fragment
Resolution"

 

* ISSUE-9 [Michael]: Should we have the media type inside the Test Cases?

** ACTION-82: Michael to flesh out TC vocabulary re ISSUE-9

 

* ISSUE-10 [Michael] :
<http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/issues/10> Media
Fragments Test Case Maintenance 

 

 

6. IMPLEMENTATION:

* ACTION-34: Jack to look at python-url library to see whether he could

implement the logic on client side

* ACTION-91: Guillaume to look at the python gst lib

* ACTION-35: Raphael to look at curl and/or wget to see whether the

logic could be implemented on client side

* ACTION-70: Jack to commit in CVS (code directory) his python code

doing the parsing on client side of the media fragment

* ACTION-71: Michael to investigate whether he could have an

implementation in Javascript that does the client-side media fragments

parsing

* ACTION-90: Davy to provide a pointer to Yves to a lib he can use to slice
media files

 

 

7. AOB

 

 

  _____  

http://www.ibbt.be/en/disclaimer

 
Received on Tuesday, 28 July 2009 13:31:13 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Wednesday, 21 September 2011 12:13:34 GMT