W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-media-fragment@w3.org > July 2009

Re: Media Fragments Working Group: Agenda 22 July, Telecon 1200 UTC

From: Michael Hausenblas <michael.hausenblas@deri.org>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2009 12:18:41 +0100
To: erik mannens <erik.mannens@ugent.be>
CC: Media Fragment <public-media-fragment@w3.org>
Message-ID: <C68CB421.6BC0%michael.hausenblas@deri.org>

Erik,

> Please, find below the agenda for today's telecon, and apologies (once
> again) for this late advert.

That's not good. Please try to send it earlier. It caused unnecessary
discussions already (esp. re summer/holidays time) ...

Anyway, I'll be there and volunteer to scribe.

HTH!

Cheers,
      Michael

-- 
Dr. Michael Hausenblas
LiDRC - Linked Data Research Centre
DERI - Digital Enterprise Research Institute
NUIG - National University of Ireland, Galway
Ireland, Europe
Tel. +353 91 495730
http://linkeddata.deri.ie/
http://sw-app.org/about.html



> From: erik mannens <erik.mannens@ugent.be>
> Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2009 12:57:07 +0200
> To: Media Fragment <public-media-fragment@w3.org>
> Subject: Media Fragments Working Group: Agenda 22 July, Telecon 1200 UTC
> Resent-From: Media Fragment <public-media-fragment@w3.org>
> Resent-Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2009 10:57:52 +0000
> 
> Dear Media Fragmenters,
> 
>  
> 
>  
> 
> Please, find below the agenda for today's telecon, and apologies (once
> again) for this late advert.
> 
> http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?day=22&month=07&year=20
> 09&hour=12&min=00&sec=0&p1=0.
> 
>  
> 
>  
> 
> Best regards.
> 
>  
> 
>  
> 
> RaphaŽl (regrets) & Erik
> 
>  
> 
> ------------
> 
>  
> 
> AGENDA Teleconference
> 
> W3C Media Fragments Working Group telephone conference 2009-07-15
> 
> -------------------------------------------------------------------
> 
> Wednesday, 22 July *12:00-13:00 UTC*
> 
> Local time:
> 
> http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?day=22&month=07&year=20
> 09&hour=12&min=00&sec=0&p1=0
> 
>  
> 
>  
> 
> 22 July 2009, 1200 UTC
> 
>               0500 (West US)
> 
>               1300 (Galway)
> 
>               1400 (Amsterdam, Paris, Pretoria)
> 
>               2100 (Tokyo)
> 
>               2200 (Sydney)
> 
> Bridge US: +1-617-761-6200 (Zakim)
> 
> Bridge FR: +33.4.89.06.34.99
> 
> Bridge UK: +44.117.370.6152
> 
> Conference code : 3724# (spells "FRAG")
> 
> Duration : 60 minutes
> 
> -------------------------------------------------------------------
> 
> IRC channel          : #mediafrag on irc.w3.org:6665
> 
> W3C IRC Web Client   : http://www.w3.org/2001/01/cgi-irc
> 
> Other clients are listed at http://www.w3.org/Project/IRC/#Client
> 
> Zakim information    : http://www.w3.org/2002/01/UsingZakim
> 
> Zakim bridge monitor : http://www.w3.org/1998/12/bridge/Zakim.html
> 
> Zakim IRC bot        : http://www.w3.org/2001/12/zakim-irc-bot.html
> 
> -------------------------------------------------------------------
> 
>  
> 
> Chair: Erik
> 
> ScribeList: http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/ScribeList
> 
> Scribe: ?
> 
> Regrets: Jack
> 
>  
> 
> Please note that Media Fragments WG telecons are for attendance by
> 
> members and invited experts only.
> 
>  
> 
>  
> 
> 1. ADMIN:
> 
> * Roll call
> 
> * PROPOSED to accept the minutes of the 10 June 2009 telecon:
> 
> http://www.w3.org/2009/07/15-mediafrag-minutes.html
> 
> * ACTION-92:  <http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/92>
> Erik and Raphael to coordinate the writing of papers
> 
>  
> 
>  
> 
> 2. UC & REQUIREMENTS:
> 
> * ACTION-68: Raphael to ask the Media Annotations WG to review our document
> 
> * ACTION-74: Erik and Raphael to request feedback of other groups such
> 
> as SYMM, SVG, HTML + WHATWG, WAI, MAWG, TAG, MobileWeb, TimedText
> 
> * ACTION-65: Raphael to split current document into i) UC and Req and
> 
> ii) Syntax and Processing and setup the diff in xmlspec
> 
>  
> 
>  
> 
> 3. SPECIFICATION:
> 
>  
> 
> 3.1 Syntax: (Yves)
> 
> * ACTION-49: Yves to Draft the HTTP-Range syntax for different units
> 
> (completing all the syntax for the two way handshake)
> 
> * ACTION-86: Raphael to bring the 'comma optional' discussion during next
> week telecon, in order to measure the price when releasing the syntax
> 
> * ACTION-88: Yves to verify that making the comma optional brings no
> ambiguities in our syntax
> 
>  
> 
> 3.2 UA Server HTTP Communication (Conrad/Raphael)
> 
> * ACTION-69: Conrad to draw a representation of the general structure of
> 
> a media resource, for streamable formats
> 
>  
> 
> 3.3 UA MF Resolution and Processing: (Michael)
> 
> * ACTION-64: Michael to write into the WD section 6.4, what the client
> 
> should do with #everything after the hash : "Client Side Media Fragment
> 
> Resolution" (See also ISSUE-7)
> 
> * ACTION-85: Michael to update resolution page, TC pages with that
> resolution [consensus that 416 is the correct response when the TC returns
> EMPTY]
> 
>  
> 
>  
> 
> 4. TEST CASES: (Michael)
> 
> * See: http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/TestCases
> 
> * ACTION-87: Michael to
> <http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/87> add the HTTP
> status code for all TC
> 
>  
> 
>  
> 
> 5. ISSUES
> 
> * ISSUE-3 [Michael]: Does our MF URI syntax imply that we need to update
> 
> MIME Type registrations?
> 
> ** ACTION-89: Yves to find out more about fragment identifier registration
> 
>  
> 
> * ISSUE-4 [Silvia] :
> <http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/issues/4> Should we
> pre-define some track names?
> 
>  
> 
> * ISSUE-5 [Jack]: Handling spatial cropping requires information at
> 
> client-side
> 
>  
> 
> * ISSUE-6 [Jack]: Temporal clips that require transcoding
> 
> ** ACTION-62: Yves to ask the TAG whether transcoding should be
> 
> forbidden or not when we send a fragment of a resource
> 
>  
> 
> * ISSUE-7 [Michael]:
> <http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/issues/7> User Agent
> Media Fragment Resolution and Processing
> 
> ** ACTION-64: Michael to write into the WD section 6.4, what the client
> should do with #everything after the hash : "Client Side Media Fragment
> Resolution"
> 
>  
> 
> * ISSUE-9 [Michael]: Should we have the media type inside the Test Cases?
> 
> ** ACTION-82: Michael to flesh out TC vocabulary re ISSUE-9
> 
>  
> 
> * ISSUE-10 [Michael] :
> <http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/issues/10> Media
> Fragments Test Case Maintenance
> 
>  
> 
>  
> 
> 6. IMPLEMENTATION:
> 
> * ACTION-34: Jack to look at python-url library to see whether he could
> 
> implement the logic on client side
> 
> * ACTION-91: Guillaume to look at the python gst lib
> 
> * ACTION-35: Raphael to look at curl and/or wget to see whether the
> 
> logic could be implemented on client side
> 
> * ACTION-70: Jack to commit in CVS (code directory) his python code
> 
> doing the parsing on client side of the media fragment
> 
> * ACTION-71: Michael to investigate whether he could have an
> 
> implementation in Javascript that does the client-side media fragments
> 
> parsing
> 
> * ACTION-90: Davy to provide a pointer to Yves to a lib he can use to slice
> media files
> 
>  
> 
>  
> 
> 7. AOB
> 
>  
> 
>  
> 
>   _____  
> 
> http://www.ibbt.be/en/disclaimer
> 
Received on Wednesday, 22 July 2009 11:19:24 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Wednesday, 21 September 2011 12:13:34 GMT