W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-media-fragment@w3.org > July 2009

Re: Media Fragments Working Group: Agenda 15 July, Telecon 1200 UTC

From: Conrad Parker <conrad@metadecks.org>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 18:54:42 +0900
Message-ID: <dba6c0830907150254m55a67a5coac3854f012480a6d@mail.gmail.com>
To: Silvia Pfeiffer <silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com>
Cc: erik mannens <erik.mannens@ugent.be>, public-media-fragment@w3.org
2009/7/15 Silvia Pfeiffer <silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com>:
> Are Conrad and Yves going to be able to attend?
>

I can but I'm kinda tired, and I'm still waiting for feedback on the
list to my last discussion about examples with fallback etc.

Conrad.

> On Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 7:24 PM, erik mannens<erik.mannens@ugent.be> wrote:
>> Dear Media Fragmenters,
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> Please, find below the agenda for today's telecon, and apologies for this
>> late advert.
>>
>> http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?day=15&month=07&year=2009&hour=12&min=00&sec=0&p1=0.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> Best regards.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> RaphaŽl (regrets) & Erik
>>
>>
>>
>> ------------
>>
>>
>>
>> AGENDA Teleconference
>>
>> W3C Media Fragments Working Group telephone conference 2009-07-15
>>
>> -------------------------------------------------------------------
>>
>> Wednesday, 15 July *12:00-13:00 UTC*
>>
>> Local time:
>>
>> http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?day=15&month=07&year=2009&hour=12&min=00&sec=0&p1=0
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> 15 July 2009, 1200 UTC
>>
>> ††††††††††††† 0500 (West US)
>>
>> ††††††††††††† 1300 (Galway)
>>
>> †††††††††††† †1400 (Amsterdam, Paris, Pretoria)
>>
>> ††††††††††††† 2100 (Tokyo)
>>
>> ††††††††††††† 2200 (Sydney)
>>
>> Bridge US: +1-617-761-6200 (Zakim)
>>
>> Bridge FR: +33.4.89.06.34.99
>>
>> Bridge UK: +44.117.370.6152
>>
>> Conference code : 3724# (spells "FRAG")
>>
>> Duration : 60 minutes
>>
>> -------------------------------------------------------------------
>>
>> IRC channel††††††††† : #mediafrag on irc.w3.org:6665
>>
>> W3C IRC Web Client†† : http://www.w3.org/2001/01/cgi-irc
>>
>> Other clients are listed at http://www.w3.org/Project/IRC/#Client
>>
>> Zakim information††† : http://www.w3.org/2002/01/UsingZakim
>>
>> Zakim bridge monitor : http://www.w3.org/1998/12/bridge/Zakim.html
>>
>> Zakim IRC bot††††††† : http://www.w3.org/2001/12/zakim-irc-bot.html
>>
>> -------------------------------------------------------------------
>>
>>
>>
>> Chair: Erik
>>
>> ScribeList: http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/ScribeList
>>
>> Scribe: ?
>>
>> Regrets: RaphaŽl, Jack
>>
>>
>>
>> Please note that Media Fragments WG telecons are for attendance by
>>
>> members and invited experts only.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> 1. ADMIN:
>>
>> * Roll call
>>
>> * PROPOSED to accept the minutes of the 10 June 2009 telecon:
>>
>> http://www.w3.org/2009/06/24-mediafrag-minutes.html
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> 2. UC & REQUIREMENTS:
>>
>> * ACTION-68: Raphael to ask the Media Annotations WG to review our document
>>
>> * ACTION-74: Erik and Raphael to request feedback of other groups such
>>
>> as SYMM, SVG, HTML + WHATWG, WAI, MAWG, TAG, MobileWeb, TimedText
>>
>> * ACTION-65: Raphael to split current document into i) UC and Req and
>>
>> ii) Syntax and Processing and setup the diff in xmlspec
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> 3. SPECIFICATION:
>>
>>
>>
>> 3.1 Syntax: (Yves)
>>
>> * ACTION-49: Yves to Draft the HTTP-Range syntax for different units
>>
>> (completing all the syntax for the two way handshake)
>>
>> * ACTION-84: Erik to summarize the info from Jean Pierre, and mail it to the
>> group [Sync with Jean Pierre to get the edit units spec reference]
>>
>> * ACTION-86: Raphael to bring the 'comma optional' discussion during next
>> week telecon, in order to measure the price when releasing the syntax
>>
>>
>>
>> 3.2 UA Server HTTP Communication (Conrad/Raphael)
>>
>> * ACTION-63: Conrad to update the Wiki with his more general approach
>>
>> with precisely the same examples
>>
>> * ACTION-69: Conrad to draw a representation of the general structure of
>>
>> a media resource, for streamable formats
>>
>> * ACTION-80: Conrad to provide some rational and use cases for his proposal
>>
>>
>>
>> 3.3 UA MF Resolution and Processing: (Michael)
>>
>> * ACTION-64: Michael to write into the WD section 6.4, what the client
>>
>> should do with #everything after the hash : "Client Side Media Fragment
>>
>> Resolution" (See also ISSUE-7)
>>
>> * ACTION-85: Michael to update resolution page, TC pages with that
>> resolution [consensus that 416 is the correct response when the TC returns
>> EMPTY]
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> 4. TEST CASES: (Michael)
>>
>> * See: http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/TestCases
>>
>> * ACTION-87: Michael to add the HTTP status code for all TC
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> 5. ISSUES
>>
>> * ISSUE-3 [Michael]: Does our MF URI syntax imply that we need to update
>>
>> MIME Type registrations?
>>
>> ** ACTION-76: Erik to contact the editors of MPEG-21 Part 17 regarding
>>
>> the registry of their scheme
>>
>>
>>
>> * ISSUE-5 [Jack]: Handling spatial cropping requires information at
>>
>> client-side
>>
>>
>>
>> * ISSUE-6 [Jack]: Temporal clips that require transcoding
>>
>> ** ACTION-62: Yves to ask the TAG whether transcoding should be
>>
>> forbidden or not when we send a fragment of a resource
>>
>>
>>
>> * ISSUE-9 [Michael]: Should we have the media type inside the Test Cases?
>>
>> ** ACTION-82: Michael to flesh out TC vocabulary re ISSUE-9
>>
>>
>>
>> Can be closed?
>>
>> * ISSUE-4 (Should we pre-define some track names?)
>>
>> * ISSUE-10 (Media Fragments Test Case Maintenance ) [Michael]
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> 6. IMPLEMENTATION:
>>
>> * ACTION-34: Jack to look at python-url library to see whether he could
>>
>> implement the logic on client side
>>
>> * ACTION-35: Raphael to look at curl and/or wget to see whether the
>>
>> logic could be implemented on client side
>>
>> * ACTION-70: Jack to commit in CVS (code directory) his python code
>>
>> doing the parsing on client side of the media fragment
>>
>> * ACTION-71: Michael to investigate whether he could have an
>>
>> implementation in Javascript that does the client-side media fragments
>>
>> parsing
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> 7. AOB
>>
>>
>
>
Received on Wednesday, 15 July 2009 09:55:24 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Wednesday, 21 September 2011 12:13:34 GMT