Re: ISSUE-1: Combining Media Fragment URI with other time-clipping methods

On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 10:03 AM, Raphaël Troncy <Raphael.Troncy@cwi.nl> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> Thanks for your inputs Jack, Silvia.

> Silvia + Jack (in case the fragment is used out-of-context):
>>>
>>> From my viewpoint, the URL points to a resource. Thus scenario 3 is
>>> the correct one, because from a SMIL POV, the clipBegin and clipEnd
>>> attributes are calculated on the resource.
>
> Jack (in case the fragment is used in-context):

I totally agree with Jack.

>> In this case I think my answer is: we don't know, and we don't care. If
>> the video fragment is used in-context it depends on the application what the
>> best solution is.
>
> Do we have a consensus on that?
> Better phrased: does someone have an objection?

I guess it burns down to who makes the decision on using the URI
in-context or out-of-context. Since that should really be a decision
for the application to make, we don't really need to make a decision
here - but maybe only give some guidance.