Re: ISSUE-2: What is the mime type of a media fragment? What is its relation with its parent resource?

On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 3:22 PM, Michael Hausenblas
<michael.hausenblas@deri.org> wrote:

> Yves,
>
>> The more I think about it, the more I'd think it would make sense to
>> see media fragments as FRBR manifestations. After all, other fragment
>> URIs (RDF and HTML) already work like that. They identify an object
>> within the target document, and not a part of the target document!
>
> Really?
>
> Looking at 3. Fragment Identifiers in [1]:
>
> " The URI specification [URI] notes that the semantics of a fragment
>   identifier (part of a URI after a "#") is a property of the data
>   resulting from a retrieval action, and that the format and
>   interpretation of fragment identifiers is dependent on the media type
>   of the retrieval result.
>
>   For documents labeled as text/html, the fragment identifier
>   designates the correspondingly named element; any element may be
>   named with the "id" attribute, and A, APPLET, FRAME, IFRAME, IMG and
>   MAP elements may be named with a "name" attribute.  This is described
>   in detail in [HTML40] section 12."

Well, yes, that's what I mean - it's an identifier for that element
(in HTML). It is not a list of bytes corresponding to a part of an
html document. And same thing for RDF:
http://moustaki.org/foaf.rdf#moustaki is not the array of byte that
constitutes my description, it is an identifier for myself.

I am not saying it is a universal rule (it is not), it just happens to
be that way in two well-known setup.

Best,