Re: ISSUE-2: What is the mime type of a media fragment? What is its relation with its parent resource?

From: RaphaŽl Troncy <Raphael.Troncy@cwi.nl>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 16:06:48 +0100
To: David Singer <singer@apple.com>
CC: Michael Hausenblas <michael.hausenblas@deri.org>, Media Fragment <public-media-fragment@w3.org>

Dear Dave,

> But this gets semantically tricky if there is sound;  what is the
> correct representation of a point in time of a sound track?  It's not
> right to drop it from the fragment (oof, we'd need media-type rules for
> what types get dropped and what don't).
> This is steering me towards wondering if a piece of X, in time,
> necessarily has some extension in time, i.e. a time-point is not a
> fragment (can you see a zero-width character if you meet one in the
> street?).

Hum, does it mean we should put some restrictions in defining media
fragments and in particular forbid to request spatio-temporal points?
That is, for the temporal dimension, only non-empty interval can be
requested, and for the the spatial dimension, only non-empty bounding
box can be requested? Can you think of other restrictions?