Re: ISSUE-2: What is the mime type of a media fragment? What is its relation with its parent resource?

From: David Singer <singer@apple.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 15:06:22 +0100
To: RaphaŽl Troncy <Raphael.Troncy@cwi.nl>, Media Fragment <public-media-fragment@w3.org>

At 13:26  +0100 27/01/09, RaphaŽl Troncy wrote:
>ISSUE-2: What is the mime type of a media
>fragment? What is its relation with its parent
>resource?

I think this is a confused question.  When a fragment is specified on a URI,

http:/www.example.com/silvia.mov#chapter=vienna

the user-agent separates the fragment from the
URI and requests the main part of the resource
over HTTP, and then interprets the fragment
locally.  The HTTP server, which gives the MIME
type, is unaware of the fragment.  Even if it
gets the fragment in the URI GET, it is (I think)
supposed to ignore it.  So the MIME type of a
fragmented resource is the MIME type of the
resource, isn't it?

--
David Singer
Multimedia Standards, Apple Inc.