W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-media-fragment@w3.org > January 2009

Re: Media Fragments Working Group: Agenda 21 January, Telecon 1000 UTC

From: Silvia Pfeiffer <silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 11:15:24 +1100
Message-ID: <2c0e02830901201615j1db9285dt3a348524c432e944@mail.gmail.com>
To: RaphaŽl Troncy <Raphael.Troncy@cwi.nl>
Cc: public-media-fragment@w3.org, Erik Mannens <erik.mannens@ugent.be>

As much as I would love to be there, since I can see lots of stuff
happening, I have to send my apologies. I am at the Australian Linux
conference this week and I am unable to access the Internet at the
meeting time. :(

All the best,
Silvia.

On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 11:09 AM, RaphaŽl Troncy <Raphael.Troncy@cwi.nl> wrote:
>
> Dear Media Fragmenters,
>
> Apologies for this late email. Please, find below the agenda for our
> tomorrow's telecon. We do have outstanding action points and issues to
> discuss, so please, try to make it. I have personally finally catch up with
> my late emails, and I will wrap up some discussions afterwards.
> Best regards.
>
>  RaphaŽl
>
> ------------
>
> AGENDA Teleconference
> W3C Media Fragments Working Group telephone conference 2009-01-21
>
> -------------------------------------------------------------------
> Wednesday, 21 January *10:00-11:00 UTC*
> Local time:
> http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?day=21&month=01&year=2009&hour=10&min=00&sec=0&p1=0
> 21 January 2009, 1000 UTC
>                 0200 (West US)
>                 0500 (East US)
>                 1100 (Amsterdam)
>                 1200 (Athens)
>                 1900 (Seoul)
>                 2100 (Sydney)
> Bridge US: +1-617-761-6200 (Zakim)
> Bridge FR: +33.4.89.06.34.99
> Bridge UK: +44.117.370.6152
> Conference code : 3724# (spells "FRAG")
> Duration : 60 minutes
> -------------------------------------------------------------------
> IRC channel          : #mediafrag on irc.w3.org:6665
> W3C IRC Web Client   : http://www.w3.org/2001/01/cgi-irc
> Other clients are listed at http://www.w3.org/Project/IRC/#Client
> Zakim information    : http://www.w3.org/2002/01/UsingZakim
> Zakim bridge monitor : http://www.w3.org/1998/12/bridge/Zakim.html
> Zakim IRC bot        : http://www.w3.org/2001/12/zakim-irc-bot.html
> -------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Chair: Raphael Troncy
> ScribeList: http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/ScribeList
> Scribe: Jack Jansen (On Deck: Silvia, Guillaume)
>
> Please note that Media Fragments WG telecons are for attendance by
> members and invited experts only.
>
> 1. ADMIN:
>
> * Roll call
> * Welcome Apple, Inc, new member of the Media Fragments WG (Dave Singer and
> Eric Carlson are representatives)
> * PROPOSED to accept the minutes of the 14th January 2009 telecon:
> http://www.w3.org/2009/01/14-mediafrag-minutes.html
> * Should we adapt (again) the timing of the weekly telecon to be friendly
> with the US West coast?
>
> 2. FUTURE PARTICIPANTS:
>
> * Yves: ACTION-1 and ACTION-17 (Google)
> * Raphael: ACTION-18 (DailyMotion), ACTION-19 (Blinx)
> * Michael: ACTION-20 (Wolfgang)
> * Erik: ACTION-21 (Cisco)
>
> 3. PREPARATION OF WORKING DRAFT
>
> 3.1 WD Template:
> * ACTION-33: Raphael to start the template of the document
> * ACTION-32: Yves to check and grant cvs access to the key members of the
> group (erik, raphael, jack, silvia)
>
> 3.2 Use Cases & Requirements Discussion: (Silvia)
> See:
> http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/Use_Cases_%26_Requirements_Draft
> Reviews:
>  . Raphael:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2008Nov/0044.html
>  . Jack:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2008Nov/0053.html
>  . Guillaume:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2008Nov/0076.html
>  . Davy:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2008Dec/0007.html
>  . Wrap up to be sent ...
>
> 3.3 Types of Fragment Addressing (Davy)
> See:
> http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/Types_of_Fragment_Addressing
> * ACTION-22: Davy to complete the table, trying to get the answer for the
> current question marks, except when this is a close format
>
> 3.4 Protocols (Raphael)
> * See: http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/Protocols
> and
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2009Jan/0011.html
>
> 3.5 Existing Technologies Survey (Erik)
> See:
> http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/Existing_Technologies_Survey
> * ACTION-16: Erik to go through the email lists to list different solutions
> used to identify fragments, and populate the wiki
> * ACTION-23: Erik (together with Jean-Pierre) to add TV-Anytime also to
> Existing Technologies Survey
> * ACTION-24: Erik (through extra info from Felix) to ask Adobe (Larry) more
> info about xmpMM:Ingredients
>
> 3.6 HTTP implementation (Raphael)
> See: http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/HTTP_implementation
>
> 3.7 Syntax:
> * ACTION-25: Jack to describe why smpte is the only frame accurate one
> Done:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2009Jan/0013.html
> * ACTION-27: Yves to propose by email a good list of units that can be used
> * ACTION-28: Jack to suggest an exhaustive list of possible values for
> (temporal) format in the proposed syntax
> * ACTION-29: Raphael to organize an informal poll what is the best separator
> * ACTION-30: Raphael to organize an informal poll what is the best way of
> specifying rectangle
> * ACTION-31: Raphael to organize a poll to see whether the quotes around
> track and id are optional
>
> 3.8 Implementation:
> * ACTION-34: Jack to look at python-url library to see whether he could
> implement the logic on client side      Jack Jansen     2008-12-17
> * ACTION-35: Raphael to look at curl and/or wget to see whether the logic
> could be implemented on client side
>
> 4. ISSUES
>
> Will be detailed later:
> http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/issues
>
> 5. AOB
>
> --
> RaphaŽl Troncy
> CWI (Centre for Mathematics and Computer Science),
> Kruislaan 413, 1098 SJ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
> e-mail: raphael.troncy@cwi.nl & raphael.troncy@gmail.com
> Tel: +31 (0)20 - 592 4093
> Fax: +31 (0)20 - 592 4312
> Web: http://www.cwi.nl/~troncy/
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
Received on Wednesday, 21 January 2009 00:16:00 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Wednesday, 21 September 2011 12:13:32 GMT