Re: just came across webcgm

On  27-Feb-2009, at 00:06 , Silvia Pfeiffer wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> on the WHATWG irc I was just pointed to
> http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-WebCGM/REC-02-CGM-Concepts.html#webcgm_2_3 -
> WebCGM allows addressing of regions.
>
> Is anyone across this? Do we need to address why our proposal is
> different / simpler?

Hmm, I hadn't heard of that before. But: I think it's really out of
scope (or, rather, addresses a different problem). CGM is a structured
format, IIRC, so this would more more like addressing an SVG file by
ID, or the complex scheme for addressing subparts of MPEG.

On second thoughts, if we have a "related work" section, it would be
good to put a paragraph on this in there.
Goldman