W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-media-fragment@w3.org > February 2009

minutes of 2009-02-25 teleconference

From: RaphaŽl Troncy <Raphael.Troncy@cwi.nl>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 13:57:24 +0100
Message-ID: <49A54034.5070404@cwi.nl>
To: Media Fragment <public-media-fragment@w3.org>
CC: Erik Mannens <erik.mannens@ugent.be>
All,

The minutes of this week telecon are available for review at 
http://www.w3.org/2009/02/25-mediafrag-minutes.html (and in text format 
below). Thanks Silvia for the scribing, I have update the wiki page 
accordingly.

   Erick & Raphael

-----
    [1]W3C
       [1] http://www.w3.org/
              Media Fragments Working Group Teleconference
25 Feb 2009
    [2]Agenda
       [2] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2009Feb/0067.html
    See also: [3]IRC log
       [3] http://www.w3.org/2009/02/25-mediafrag-irc
Attendees
    Present
           Erik, Raphael, Guillaume, Silvia, Davy, Yves, Conrad
    Regrets
           Michael, Jack
    Chair
           Erik, Raphael
    Scribe
           Silvia

Contents

      * [4]Topics
          1. [5]1. ADMIN
          2. [6]Future Participants
          3. [7]PREPARATION OF WORKING DRAFT
          4. [8]Issues
          5. [9]Implementation
          6. [10]AOB
      * [11]Summary of Action Items
      _________________________________________________________



    <trackbot> Date: 25 February 2009

    <raphael> Scribe: Silvia

    <raphael> scribenick: nessy

1. ADMIN

    welcome to Conrad as new invited expert

    Conrad introduce himself

    scribe: worked on Annodex for a while
    ... recently worked on timed URI servers
    ... in corporation with Xiph.org, Mozilla and Wikipedia
    ... keen to provide input
    ... is in Japan
    ... 2 hours behind Silvia
    ... might provide one more implementation of the specification
    ... I'm a PhD student at Kyoto university, currently contracting for
    Mozilla/Wikipedia, but independent expert

    Rapahel proposes to accept minutes of 11th Feb

    [12]http://www.w3.org/2009/02/11-mediafrag-minutes.html

      [12] http://www.w3.org/2009/02/11-mediafrag-minutes.html

    <davy> +1

    <erik> +1

    +1

    <Gui> +1

    Next F2F meeting (Barcelona, 16-17 April):

    [13]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2009Fe
    b/0046.html

      [13] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2009Feb/0046.html

    scribe: Michael, Raphael will be there
    ... who else will be there?
    ... Davy and Eric will be there, too
    ... Silvia apologizes
    ... can participate via irc & phone
    ... will send availability
    ... Conrad is trying to work out a way
    ... Silvia & Conrad, if paper to W4A conf is accepted, one has to be
    there
    ... Guillaume also has a paper in W4A
    ... Raphael will ask again next week re attendance at next F2F

    <erik> +q

    scribe: for those who cannot attend, highly recommended to be
    available on phone and irc
    ... Erik thinks phone hook up last time worked well
    ... Yves will take care of zakim bridge

    <scribe> ACTION: Yves to take care of zakim bridge for F2F [recorded
    in [14]http://www.w3.org/2009/02/25-mediafrag-minutes.html#action01]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-44 - Take care of zakim bridge for F2F [on
    Yves Lafon - due 2009-03-04].

Future Participants

    close ACTION-20

    <trackbot> ACTION-20 Check with Wolfgang whether he is still
    interested in this WG closed

    Wolfgang has left the Uni and won't be available

    close ACTION-18

    <trackbot> ACTION-18 See with Marie Claire who from Daily Motion can
    join closed

    Dailymotion hasn't got enough interest

    close ACTION-21

    <trackbot> ACTION-21 Check with Philippe the status of Cisco (Paul
    Bosso), Apple (Dave Singer or Eric Carlson) closed

    we'll wait if Philippe has a suggestion for an alternative contact

PREPARATION OF WORKING DRAFT

    3.1 WD Template:

    close ACTION-33

    <trackbot> ACTION-33 Start the template of the document closed

    Raphael has prepared a template

    <raphael>
    [15]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/WD-media-fragments-req
    s/

      [15] 
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/WD-media-fragments-reqs/

    scribe: will check in html files
    ... will send reminder on who is responsible for which section

    Erik suggests to add hard deadlines to the sections, so we can go
    towards our milestones

    Raphael suggests that a week per sections may be do-able because
    it's a straight copy from the wiki

    Erik agrees

    scribe: asks, when we want the document to be posted/published, so
    we can work backwards towards deadlines

    Raphael says that our first working draft was due by end of January

    scribe: we should have it all ready by mid march

    <erik> +1

    scribe: mostly 2-3 teleconfs to finalize
    ... will send reminder email

    3.2 Syntax:

    <raphael>
    [16]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2009Fe
    b/0032.html

      [16] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2009Feb/0032.html

    Time formats: Jack (ACTION-28) and follow-up thread

    [17]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2009Fe
    b/0013.html

      [17] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2009Feb/0013.html

    [18]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/Syntax#Dimensions

      [18] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/Syntax#Dimensions

    Conrad will post more comments

    close ACTION-41

    <trackbot> ACTION-41 Rewrite Syntax in ABNF based on RFC4234 closed

    Yves has posted a ABNF

    Michael suggested to write the generic rule at the top and go into
    more detail further down

    Yves reckons this is a matter of taste

    Yves will add more details to link it to the original URI spec

    Raphael thinks we decided to have either a named fragment or a
    combination of the others

    <Gui>
    [19]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/Syntax#Formal_Gra
    mmar

      [19] 
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/Syntax#Formal_Grammar

    scribe: this is not represented right now

    Yves thinks this is hard to capture in the production rule, and
    better to describe in text

    Let's give this a try and see what comments we get back

    3.3 Use Cases & Requirements Discussion

    close ACTION-43

    <trackbot> ACTION-43 Incorporate changes proposed by reviewers of
    the Use Case and Requirements Wiki page closed

    Gui has made changes, but wants to bring up a few points

    scribe: will send an email that summarises the changes
    ... wants to add a use case

    <Gui>
    [20]https://wiki.mozilla.org/images/thumb/4/40/Model_Video_Resource.
    jpg/800px-Model_Video_Resource.jpg

      [20] 
https://wiki.mozilla.org/images/thumb/4/40/Model_Video_Resource.jpg/800px-Model_Video_Resource.jpg

    scribe: wants to add a picture
    ... do we want to add this picture as a line graph

    Raphael & Silvia agree

    Gui will send email and add graph

    we need time to go through changes and have possibly a further
    discussion

    Gui encourages everybody to re-read the use cases page

    Silvia will do thorough review before including into WD

    3.4 Existing Technologies Survey (Erik)

    close ACTION-16

    <trackbot> ACTION-16 Go through the email lists to list different
    solutions used to identify fragments, and populate the wiki closed

    Erik will do ACTION-23 by next week

    close ACTION-24

    <trackbot> ACTION-24 (through extra info from Felix) to ask Adobe
    (Larry) more info about xmpMM:Ingredients closed

    information also gathered from Media Annotations WG

    3.5 HTTP implementation (Raphael)

    Raphael has long-standing action on 2-way and 4-way handshake
    description

    2-way is in wiki

    4-way is started

    scribe: will try to finish it today
    ... will send email to start discussion

Issues

    Michael is still working on ACTION-42 and ISSUE-3

Implementation

    <scribe> ongoing discussion

    UNKNOWN_SPEAKER: right now we have focus on getting WD out
    ... discuss this again when we are happy about WD

AOB

    <erik> none

    none

    Raphael thanks everybody for joining and closes the meeting

    <Gui> thanks bye bye

    <raphael> adjourned

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: Yves to take care of zakim bridge for F2F [recorded in
    [21]http://www.w3.org/2009/02/25-mediafrag-minutes.html#action01]

    [End of minutes]

-- 
RaphaŽl Troncy
CWI (Centre for Mathematics and Computer Science),
Science Park 123, 1098 XG Amsterdam, The Netherlands
e-mail: raphael.troncy@cwi.nl & raphael.troncy@gmail.com
Tel: +31 (0)20 - 592 4093
Fax: +31 (0)20 - 592 4312
Web: http://www.cwi.nl/~troncy/
Received on Wednesday, 25 February 2009 16:30:29 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Wednesday, 21 September 2011 12:13:32 GMT