W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-media-fragment@w3.org > February 2009

Media Fragments Working Group: Agenda 25 February, Telecon 1000 UTC

From: RaphaŽl Troncy <Raphael.Troncy@cwi.nl>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 19:49:19 +0100
Message-ID: <49A4412F.5070305@cwi.nl>
To: public-media-fragment@w3.org
CC: Erik Mannens <erik.mannens@ugent.be>
Dear Media Fragmenters,

Please, find below the agenda for this week telecon and apologies for 
this late anouncement. The scribe will be Silvia (Guillaume is on deck), 
please, make sure you can make it!
Best regards.

   Erik & RaphaŽl

------------

AGENDA Teleconference
W3C Media Fragments Working Group telephone conference 2009-02-25

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Wednesday, 11 February *10:00-11:00 UTC*
Local time:
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?day=25&month=02&year=2009&hour=10&min=00&sec=0&p1=0
25 February 2009, 1000 UTC
                   0200 (West US)
                   0500 (East US)
                   1100 (Amsterdam)
                   1200 (Athens)
                   1900 (Seoul)
                   2100 (Sydney)
Bridge US: +1-617-761-6200 (Zakim)
Bridge FR: +33.4.89.06.34.99
Bridge UK: +44.117.370.6152
Conference code : 3724# (spells "FRAG")
Duration : 60 minutes
-------------------------------------------------------------------
IRC channel          : #mediafrag on irc.w3.org:6665
W3C IRC Web Client   : http://www.w3.org/2001/01/cgi-irc
Other clients are listed at http://www.w3.org/Project/IRC/#Client
Zakim information    : http://www.w3.org/2002/01/UsingZakim
Zakim bridge monitor : http://www.w3.org/1998/12/bridge/Zakim.html
Zakim IRC bot        : http://www.w3.org/2001/12/zakim-irc-bot.html
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Chair: Raphael, Erik
ScribeList: http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/ScribeList
Scribe: Silvia (On Deck: Guillaume)
Regrets: Jack

Please note that Media Fragments WG telecons are for attendance by
members and invited experts only.

1. ADMIN:

* Roll call
* PROPOSED to accept the minutes of the 11th February 2009 telecon:
http://www.w3.org/2009/02/11-mediafrag-minutes.html
* Next F2F meeting (Barcelona, 16-17 April):
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2009Feb/0046.html
* Welcome new member: Conrad Parker, IE

2. FUTURE PARTICIPANTS:

* Raphael: ACTION-18 (DailyMotion)
* Michael: ACTION-20 (Wolfgang)
* Erik: ACTION-21 (Cisco)

3. PREPARATION OF WORKING DRAFT

3.1 WD Template:
* ACTION-33: Raphael to start the template of the document

3.2 Syntax:
* Time formats: Jack (ACTION-28) and follow-up thread
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2009Feb/0013.html
Summary:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2009Feb/0032.html
* ACTION-41: Yves to rewrite the whole MF syntax in ABNF based on RFC4234
See: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2009Feb/0064.html

3.3 Use Cases & Requirements Discussion: (Silvia)
See:
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/Use_Cases_%26_Requirements_Draft
* ACTION-43: Guillaume to incorporate changes proposed by reviewers of
the Use Case and Requirements Wiki page
Reviews:
   . Raphael:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2008Nov/0044.html
   . Jack:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2008Nov/0053.html
   . Guillaume:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2008Nov/0076.html
   . Davy:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2008Dec/0007.html

3.4 Existing Technologies Survey (Erik)
See:
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/Existing_Technologies_Survey
* ACTION-16: Erik to go through the email lists to list different
solutions used to identify fragments, and populate the wiki
* ACTION-23: Erik (together with Jean-Pierre) to add TV-Anytime also to
Existing Technologies Survey
* ACTION-24: Erik (through extra info from Felix) to ask Adobe (Larry)
more info about xmpMM:Ingredients

3.5 HTTP implementation (Raphael)
See: http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/HTTP_implementation

4. ISSUES
* ISSUE-3: Does our MF URI syntax imply that we need to update MIME Type
registrations?
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/issues/3
* ACTION-42: Michael to dig deeper into the video/* issue proposed by TimBL

5. Implementation:
* ACTION-34: Jack to look at python-url library to see whether he could
implement the logic on client side 	
* ACTION-35: Raphael to look at curl and/or wget to see whether the
logic could be implemented on client side

6. AOB

-- 
RaphaŽl Troncy
CWI (Centre for Mathematics and Computer Science),
Kruislaan 413, 1098 SJ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
e-mail: raphael.troncy@cwi.nl & raphael.troncy@gmail.com
Tel: +31 (0)20 - 592 4093
Fax: +31 (0)20 - 592 4312
Web: http://www.cwi.nl/~troncy/
Received on Tuesday, 24 February 2009 18:50:06 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Wednesday, 21 September 2011 12:13:32 GMT