W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-media-fragment@w3.org > February 2009

Re: Media Fragments Working Group: Agenda 81 February, Telecon 1000 UTC

From: Yves Lafon <ylafon@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 06:17:21 -0500 (EST)
To: RaphaŽl Troncy <Raphael.Troncy@cwi.nl>
cc: public-media-fragment@w3.org, Erik Mannens <erik.mannens@ugent.be>
Message-ID: <Pine.LNX.4.64.0902170617040.30220@ubzre.j3.bet>
On Mon, 16 Feb 2009, RaphaŽl Troncy wrote:

> Dear Media Fragmenters,
>
> Please, find below the agenda for this week telecon. The scribe will be
> Silvia (Guillaume is on deck), please, make sure you can make it!
> I have personally to send regrets for this week since I will be skiing.
> Erik already sent regrets too for personal reason. Yves, could you
> please handle the chairing of this telecon? Thanks!

No, regrets from me as well (last minute emergency, sorry)

> Best regards.
>
>  Erik & RaphaŽl
>
> ------------
>
> AGENDA Teleconference
> W3C Media Fragments Working Group telephone conference 2009-02-18
>
> -------------------------------------------------------------------
> Wednesday, 11 February *10:00-11:00 UTC*
> Local time:
> http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?day=18&month=02&year=2009&hour=10&min=00&sec=0&p1=0
> 18 February 2009, 1000 UTC
>                  0200 (West US)
>                  0500 (East US)
>                  1100 (Amsterdam)
>                  1200 (Athens)
>                  1900 (Seoul)
>                  2100 (Sydney)
> Bridge US: +1-617-761-6200 (Zakim)
> Bridge FR: +33.4.89.06.34.99
> Bridge UK: +44.117.370.6152
> Conference code : 3724# (spells "FRAG")
> Duration : 60 minutes
> -------------------------------------------------------------------
> IRC channel          : #mediafrag on irc.w3.org:6665
> W3C IRC Web Client   : http://www.w3.org/2001/01/cgi-irc
> Other clients are listed at http://www.w3.org/Project/IRC/#Client
> Zakim information    : http://www.w3.org/2002/01/UsingZakim
> Zakim bridge monitor : http://www.w3.org/1998/12/bridge/Zakim.html
> Zakim IRC bot        : http://www.w3.org/2001/12/zakim-irc-bot.html
> -------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Chair: Yves
> ScribeList: http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/ScribeList
> Scribe: Silvia (On Deck: Guillaume, Jack)
> Regret: Raphael, Erik
>
> Please note that Media Fragments WG telecons are for attendance by
> members and invited experts only.
>
> 1. ADMIN:
>
> * Roll call
> * PROPOSED to accept the minutes of the 11th February 2009 telecon:
> http://www.w3.org/2009/02/11-mediafrag-minutes.html
> * Next F2F meeting (Barcelona, 16-17 April):
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2009Feb/0046.html
>
> 2. FUTURE PARTICIPANTS:
>
> * Raphael: ACTION-18 (DailyMotion)
> * Michael: ACTION-20 (Wolfgang)
> * Erik: ACTION-21 (Cisco)
>
> 3. PREPARATION OF WORKING DRAFT
>
> 3.1 WD Template:
> * ACTION-33: Raphael to start the template of the document
>
> 3.2 Syntax:
> * Time formats: Jack (ACTION-28) and follow-up thread
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2009Feb/0013.html
> Summary:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2009Feb/0032.html
> * ACTION-41: Yves to rewrite the whole MF syntax in ABNF based on RFC4234
>
> 3.3 Use Cases & Requirements Discussion: (Silvia)
> See:
> http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/Use_Cases_%26_Requirements_Draft
> * ACTION-43: Guillaume to incorporate changes proposed by reviewers of
> the Use Case and Requirements Wiki page
> Reviews:
>  . Raphael:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2008Nov/0044.html
>  . Jack:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2008Nov/0053.html
>  . Guillaume:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2008Nov/0076.html
>  . Davy:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2008Dec/0007.html
>
> 3.4 Existing Technologies Survey (Erik)
> See:
> http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/Existing_Technologies_Survey
> * ACTION-16: Erik to go through the email lists to list different
> solutions used to identify fragments, and populate the wiki
> * ACTION-23: Erik (together with Jean-Pierre) to add TV-Anytime also to
> Existing Technologies Survey
> * ACTION-24: Erik (through extra info from Felix) to ask Adobe (Larry)
> more info about xmpMM:Ingredients
>
> 3.5 HTTP implementation (Raphael)
> See: http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/HTTP_implementation
>
> 4. ISSUES
> * ISSUE-3: Does our MF URI syntax imply that we need to update MIME Type
> registrations?
> http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/issues/3
> * ACTION-42: Michael to dig deeper into the video/* issue proposed by TimBL
>
> * ISSUE-2: What is the mime type of a media fragment? What is its
> relation with its parent resource?
> http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/issues/2
>
> 5. Implementation:
> * ACTION-34: Jack to look at python-url library to see whether he could
> implement the logic on client side 	* ACTION-35: Raphael to look at curl 
> and/or wget to see whether the
> logic could be implemented on client side
>
> 6. AOB
>
>

-- 
Baroula que barouleras, au tiťu toujou t'entourneras.

         ~~Yves
Received on Tuesday, 17 February 2009 11:17:31 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Wednesday, 21 September 2011 12:13:32 GMT