W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-media-fragment@w3.org > February 2009

minutes of 2009-02-11 teleconference

From: RaphaŽl Troncy <Raphael.Troncy@cwi.nl>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 13:40:23 +0100
Message-ID: <499418B7.2070901@cwi.nl>
To: Media Fragment <public-media-fragment@w3.org>

All,

The minutes of this week telecon are available for review at 
http://www.w3.org/2009/02/11-mediafrag-minutes.html (and in text format 
below). Thanks Davy for the scribing, I have update the wiki page 
accordingly.
Yves, could you please can remove the 'DRAFT' given that the minutes are 
in an excellent state? Thanks!

   Erick & Raphael

-----
    [1]W3C
       [1] http://www.w3.org/
                                - DRAFT -
              Media Fragments Working Group Teleconference
11 Feb 2009
    [2]Agenda
       [2] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2009Feb/0047.html
    See also: [3]IRC log
       [3] http://www.w3.org/2009/02/11-mediafrag-irc
Attendees
    Present
           raphael, davy, Yves, mhausenblas, Thierry
    Regrets
           Jack, Guillaume, Erik_(partial)
    Chair
           Raphael, Erik
    Scribe
           Davy

Contents
      * [4]Topics
          1. [5]admin
          2. [6]Michael's review of MAWG's "Use Cases and Requirements
             for Ontology and API for Media Object 1.0"
          3. [7]SWCG telecon
          4. [8]next F2F meeting (Barcelona)
          5. [9]syntax discussion
          6. [10]use cases & requirements discussion
          7. [11]existing technologies survey
          8. [12]HTTP implementation
      * [13]Summary of Action Items
      _________________________________________________________



    <trackbot> Date: 11 February 2009

    <mhausenblas> [14]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/

      [14] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/

    <Yves> "Overview.html : World readable "

    <Yves> [15]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/Overview.html ?

      [15] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/Overview.html

    <scribe> scribenick: davy

    <raphael> Scribe: Davy

admin

    acceptance of previous minutes?

    <mhausenblas> +1

    <raphael> Minutes:
    [16]http://www.w3.org/2009/02/04-mediafrag-minutes.html

      [16] http://www.w3.org/2009/02/04-mediafrag-minutes.html

    +1

    raphael: minutes are accepted

Michael's review of MAWG's "Use Cases and Requirements for Ontology and
API for Media Object 1.0"

    Michael: thread closed

    Thierry: current focus is on mapping table
    ... Felix will propose new text for terminology

SWCG telecon

next F2F meeting (Barcelona)

    raphael: register asap please
    ... quick poll for who will make it
    ... will make it

    Davy & Erik: will make it

    Michael: will make it

    raphael: fill in the form, even if you're not coming

    2. Future participants

    Michael: try to reach Wolfgang

    3. PREPARATION OF WORKING DRAFT

    raphael: template of doc is still pending

syntax discussion

    raphael: any opinion about time formats to support?
    ... conrad, can you comment on this?

    <raphael> Conrad, are you happy with
    [17]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2009Fe
    b/0032.html

      [17] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2009Feb/0032.html

    raphael: should we have the hour as optional?

    Yves: as long as the grammar is unambiguous, then it's ok

    close action-40

    <trackbot> ACTION-40 Rephrase
    [18]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/Syntax#Dimensions
    to address the aspect ratio closed

      [18] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/Syntax#Dimensions

    yves: regarding A-41, it will be done by next week

use cases & requirements discussion

    raphael: wait untill guillaume is back

existing technologies survey

    <conrad> raphael, i'll reply by email regarding hours optional or
    not

    <raphael> close ACTION-23

    <trackbot> ACTION-23 (together with Jean-Pierre) to add TV-Anytime
    also to Existing Technologies Survey closed

HTTP implementation

    raphael: I can do now the 2-way handshake

    4. ISSUES

    michael: regarding A-42, will be done by next week

    raphael: use of sub-mime types, a good idea or not?

    michael: yes, because it is a nice and clean approach
    ... no, because implementations need to adopt it

    raphael: should we specify the implementation in some registry or
    not

    michael: yes, you expect the specification of the behaviour of
    fragments

    <raphael> ISSUE-2

    <raphael> ISSUE-2?

    <trackbot> ISSUE-2 -- What is the mime type of a media fragment?
    What is its relation with its parent resource? -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [19]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/issues/2

      [19] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/issues/2

    raphael: should the mimetype of parent be equal to the fragment?

    michael: yes

    Yves: yes

    close ISSUE-2

    <trackbot> ISSUE-2 What is the mime type of a media fragment? What
    is its relation with its parent resource? closed

    raphael: should we define a fragment for any type of resources
    including a thing (i.e., multiple interpretations)?

    Yves: fragments are related to mime types

    raphael: Web of data define fragments of things

    Yves: in this case, it is just an abstract thing

    Michael: thing = URI, i.e., something you can talk about, not a
    resource

    raphael: only define 'media' fragments or also more abstract
    fragments?
    ... use case: chorus in a song, song can be matched on various
    representations

    michael: concrete representation of a fragment can only be an
    information resource

    raphael: does the charter specify that?

    <mhausenblas> [20]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/57

      [20] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/57

    <mhausenblas> Michael:
    [21]http://esw.w3.org/topic/FindingResourceDescriptions

      [21] http://esw.w3.org/topic/FindingResourceDescriptions

    raphael: this issue is about things that have multiple
    representations (cfr. song example)
    ... skip 5. Implementation
    ... AOB?
    ... no, meeting adjourned

Summary of Action Items

    [End of minutes]

-- 
RaphaŽl Troncy
CWI (Centre for Mathematics and Computer Science),
Science Park 123, 1098 XG Amsterdam, The Netherlands
e-mail: raphael.troncy@cwi.nl & raphael.troncy@gmail.com
Tel: +31 (0)20 - 592 4093
Fax: +31 (0)20 - 592 4312
Web: http://www.cwi.nl/~troncy/
Received on Thursday, 12 February 2009 13:23:37 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Wednesday, 21 September 2011 12:13:32 GMT