Re: Minutes of 2009-02-04 telecon

Sorry I missed the meeting. :(

On the issue of MPEG fragment specifications - you can find them here:
http://www.chiariglione.org/mpeg/technologies/mp21-fid/index.htm.htm .
I don't think they ever added these into the relevant RFCs - seeing as
MPEG specs are standards, too.

Also a little feedback on the TBL suggestion of simply applying the
fragment specification to all video/* mime types:
* it is great to have such a statement from TBL, which sets the strategic focus!
* to be complete, it should also apply to audio/* and to image/* as appropriate
* we need to be careful though with a broad declaration like this: the
issue is not the specification, but the implementation and the support
of all media server software and all media player/browser software
with these fragment specifications
* I think also that we need to approach it carefully, in particular in
cases where mime types have already specified their own fragment
specification; in these cases we should strive to harmonize it through
liaisons before declaring it th one-and-only correct way

Seems to have been a nice and short meeting otherwise - to the point!

Cheers,
Silva.