W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-media-fragment@w3.org > February 2009

Minutes of 2009-02-04 telecon

From: Michael Hausenblas <michael.hausenblas@deri.org>
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2009 11:04:56 +0000
To: Media Fragment <public-media-fragment@w3.org>
Message-ID: <C5AF26D8.18D1%michael.hausenblas@deri.org>


All,

The minutes of today's call are ready for review [1]; below follows a text
dump.

Cheers,
      Michael

[1] http://www.w3.org/2009/02/04-mediafrag-minutes.html


==========================================================================
W3C Media Fragments Working Group Teleconference

04 Feb 2009

   [2]Agenda

      [2] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2009Feb/0009.html

   See also: [3]IRC log

      [3] http://www.w3.org/2009/02/04-mediafrag-irc

Attendees

   Present
          michael, raphael, davy, thierry, yves, jack, Guillaume

   Regrets
          Erik

   Chair
          Raphael

   Scribe
          mhausenblas

Contents

     * [4]Topics
         1. [5]ADMIN
         2. [6]FUTURE PARTICIPANTS
         3. [7]PREPARATION OF WORKING DRAFT
         4. [8]ISSUES
         5. [9]AOB
     * [10]Summary of Action Items
     _________________________________________________________



   <trackbot> Date: 04 February 2009

   <Gui> Gui waves everybody, long time

   <Gui> Dialing now

   <scribe> Scribenick: mhausenblas

ADMIN

   <Gui> brb

   <raphael> +1 for accepting the minutes

   raphael: accept last week's telecon

   +1

   <davy> +1

   minutes accepted

   <scribe> ACTION: michael to review Use Cases and Requirements for
   Ontology and API for Media Object 1.0 [recorded in
   [11]http://www.w3.org/2009/01/28-mediafrag-minutes.html#action01]

     [11] http://www.w3.org/2009/01/28-mediafrag-minutes.html#action01

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-39 - Review Use Cases and Requirements for
   Ontology and API for Media Object 1.0 [recorded in
   [12]http://www.w3.org/2009/01/28-mediafrag-minutes.html#action01]
   [on Michael Hausenblas - due 2009-02-11].

     [12] http://www.w3.org/2009/01/28-mediafrag-minutes.html#action01

   <scribe> -- done

   see
   [13]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2009Ja
   n/0095.html

     [13] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2009Jan/0095.html

   Michael: let's continue the discussion

FUTURE PARTICIPANTS

   Raphael: ACTION-18 (DailyMotion)

   <scribe> -- continues

   Erik: ACTION-21 (Cisco)

   <scribe> -- continues

   Michael: ACTION-20 (Wolfgang)

   <scribe> -- continues

PREPARATION OF WORKING DRAFT

   raphael: will attend the SW co-ordination group and report on our MF
   work
   ... will report about the feedback

   ACTION-33: Raphael to start the template of the document

   <trackbot> ACTION-33 Start the template of the document notes added

   <scribe> -- continues

   raphael: will be available today

   every person has a section responsible, please paste from Wiki and
   polish

   raphael: we use xmlspec

   jackjansen: can we agree on syntax?

   raphael: in a minute

   <Yves> ABNF

   ACTION-27: Yves to propose by email a good list of units that can be
   used

   <trackbot> ACTION-27 Propose by email a good list of units that can
   be used notes added

   <scribe> -- done

   raphael: consensus to have px and percentage
   ... ongoing discussion on having cm, etc.
   ... jackjansen objects

   jackjansen: had problems on Mac from Windows images having DPI
   measures

   raphael: conclusion pc and % and give reason why cm, et. will not be
   supported
   ... see
   [14]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/Syntax#Discussion
   ... will solicit feedback from the community

     [14] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/Syntax#Discussion

   Yves: regarding aspect ratio ...

   jackjansen: general aspect ratios might not be useful

   <raphael> Yves: aspect ratio to specify the region one would like to
   crop, for example write 3:4 or 16:9

   <Gui> Is there an actual section about the aspect ratio issue on the
   WIki?

   raphael: propose Yves to modify the current phrasing

   <scribe> ACTION: Yves to rephrase
   [15]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/Syntax#Dimensions
   to address the aspect ratio [recorded in
   [16]http://www.w3.org/2009/02/04-mediafrag-minutes.html#action02]

     [15] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/Syntax#Dimensions

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-40 - Rephrase
   [17]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/Syntax#Dimensions
   to address the aspect ratio [on Yves Lafon - due 2009-02-11].

     [17] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/Syntax#Dimensions

   raphael: Conclude syntax discussion ...

   <Gui> So aspect ratio is to help enforcing standard cropping?

   <Yves> that would be the goal

   Michael: usually ABNF

   ahm, yeah ;)

   [18]http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2234.txt

     [18] http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2234.txt

   <Gui> Augmented Backus-Naur Form

   sorry.

   [19]http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc4234.txt

     [19] http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc4234.txt

   raphael: volunteer to transform into ABNF

   Yves: volunteers to do it

   <scribe> ACTION: Yves to rewrite Syntax in ABNF based on RFC4234
   [recorded in
   [20]http://www.w3.org/2009/02/04-mediafrag-minutes.html#action03]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-41 - Rewrite Syntax in ABNF based on
   RFC4234 [on Yves Lafon - due 2009-02-11].

   raphael: UC
   ... went through all reviews

   <Gui> true

   raphael: we need to take actions to implement changes

   Gui: Planned to do, still on the to do list

   raphael: till when?

   Gui: till next meeting

   <scribe> ACTION: Gui to incorporate changes proposed by reviewers
   till next meeting [recorded in
   [21]http://www.w3.org/2009/02/04-mediafrag-minutes.html#action04]

   <trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - Guillaume (Jean-Louis)

   <raphael> trackbot, status

   raphael: Existing Technologies Survey

   ACTION-24: Erik (through extra info from Felix) to ask Adobe (Larry)
   more info about xmpMM:Ingredients

   <trackbot> ACTION-24 (through extra info from Felix) to ask Adobe
   (Larry) more info about xmpMM:Ingredients notes added

   <scribe> -- done

   ACTION-23: Erik (together with Jean-Pierre) to add TV-Anytime also
   to Existing Technologies Survey

   <trackbot> ACTION-23 (together with Jean-Pierre) to add TV-Anytime
   also to Existing Technologies Survey notes added

   <scribe> -- continues

   ACTION-16: Erik to go through the email lists to list different
   solutions used to identify fragments, and populate the wiki

   <trackbot> ACTION-16 Go through the email lists to list different
   solutions used to identify fragments, and populate the wiki notes
   added

   <scribe> -- continues

   raphael: HTTP implementation (Raphael)

   ACTION-34: Jack to look at python-url library to see whether he
   could implement the logic on client side

   <trackbot> ACTION-34 Look at python-url library to see whether he
   could implement the logic on client side notes added

   <scribe> -- continues

   ACTION-35: Raphael to look at curl and/or wget to see whether the
   logic could be implemented on client side

   <trackbot> ACTION-35 Look at curl and/or wget to see whether the
   logic could be implemented on client side notes added

   <scribe> -- continues

ISSUES

   ACTION-37: Raphael to summarize the clip-combining discussion

   <trackbot> ACTION-37 Summarize clip-combining discussion notes added

   <scribe> -- done

   raphael: one comment from Silvia

   <raphael> Discussion: it boils down to whether the media fragment is
   sees as in-context or out-of-context

   jackjansen: suggest to people to use some method for out of context

   <raphael>
   [22]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/Syntax#Discussion

     [22] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/Syntax#Discussion

   raphael: jackjansen please update on the Wiki
   [23]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/Syntax#Discussion

     [23] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/Syntax#Discussion

   jackjansen: currently doin it .. no need for an action

   close ISSUE-1

   <trackbot> ISSUE-1 Combining Media Fragment URI with other
   time-clipping methods closed

   ISSUE-3: Does our MF URI syntax imply that we need to update MIME
   Type registrations?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-3 Does our MF URI syntax imply that we need to
   update MIME Type registrations? notes added

   see
   [24]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2009Ja
   n/0091.html

     [24] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2009Jan/0091.html

   <Yves> ISSUE-3?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-3 -- Does our MF URI syntax imply that we need to
   update MIME Type registrations? -- OPEN

   <trackbot>
   [25]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/issues/3

     [25] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/issues/3

   Michael: see
   [26]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/Semantics

     [26] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/Semantics

   <raphael> TBL Quotes: "I think that it would be good to have a
   general rule for video/* that there is a common fragment identifier
   syntax and semantics. I think that the specification should claim
   all video/*. The W3C specification itself can be a media type
   specification... I think it can be registered in the registry as the
   spec for a MIME type."

   <jackjansen> I updated
   [27]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/Syntax#Discussion

     [27] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/Syntax#Discussion

   raphael: will approach TAG officially

   jackjansen: thought MPEG has its own hands on it?

   <scribe> ACTION: Michael to dig deeper into the video/* issue
   proposed by TimBL [recorded in
   [28]http://www.w3.org/2009/02/04-mediafrag-minutes.html#action05]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-42 - Dig deeper into the video/* issue
   proposed by TimBL [on Michael Hausenblas - due 2009-02-11].

   jackjansen: IANA registry might be a starting point

   davy: not aware of types MPEG has

   raphael: we all have important actions (esp. ME) so let's work on it
   ... re Hypertext co-ordintation group

AOB

   raphael: part of the domain activity
   ... next Hypertext co-ordintation group meeting will be about Test
   Suites

   Michael: will summaries my experiences and issues

   raphael: gathering best practices

   s/[DONE] ACTION: michael to review Use Cases/[DONE] ACTION: michael
   to review Use Cases

   raphael: thanks and see you next week

   [adjourned]

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: Gui to incorporate changes proposed by reviewers till
   next meeting [recorded in
   [29]http://www.w3.org/2009/02/04-mediafrag-minutes.html#action04]
   [NEW] ACTION: Michael to dig deeper into the video/* issue proposed
   by TimBL [recorded in
   [30]http://www.w3.org/2009/02/04-mediafrag-minutes.html#action05]
   [DONE] ACTION: michael to review Use Cases and Requirements for
   Ontology and API for Media Object 1.0 [recorded in
   [31]http://www.w3.org/2009/01/28-mediafrag-minutes.html#action01]
   [NEW] ACTION: Yves to rephrase
   [32]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/Syntax#Dimensions
   to address the aspect ratio [recorded in
   [33]http://www.w3.org/2009/02/04-mediafrag-minutes.html#action02]
   [NEW] ACTION: Yves to rewrite Syntax in ABNF based on RFC4234
   [recorded in
   [34]http://www.w3.org/2009/02/04-mediafrag-minutes.html#action03]

     [31] http://www.w3.org/2009/01/28-mediafrag-minutes.html#action01
     [32] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/Syntax#Dimensions

   [End of minutes]
=======================

-- 
Dr. Michael Hausenblas
DERI - Digital Enterprise Research Institute
National University of Ireland, Lower Dangan,
Galway, Ireland, Europe
Tel. +353 91 495730
http://sw-app.org/about.html
Received on Wednesday, 4 February 2009 11:05:44 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Wednesday, 21 September 2011 12:13:32 GMT