Re: !Last phonecall before publication (be part of it)! - Media Fragments Working Group: Agenda 16 December, Telecon 1000 UTC

Hi Thierry,

On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 9:39 AM, Thierry Michel <tmichel@w3.org> wrote:

> Silvia Pfeiffer wrote:
>>
>> Hi Thierry, all,
>>
>> On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 12:21 AM, Thierry Michel <tmichel@w3.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> I have checked the 2 documents which are to be published next Thrusday.
>>> There are a few issues which must be updated for the webmaster to publish
>>> the documents in TR space.
>>
>> You know you can edit the document, too..? :-)
>

> Sure I was about to do so. But editing the
> http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/WD-media-fragments-spec/
>
> is not the best idea. It is better to update the XML editor's copy in
> http://dev.w3.org/
> (to avoid getting these errors next publication).

That's where I'm editing - I thought you would have access, too? I
would never edit the html file!

> and I am not aware of the latest URI. Therefore I have sent the things to
> fix.

Yeah, I guess Erik or Raphael have to do those.

> Once the document is frozen I can do the fixes before publication on the
> HTML file.

Maybe better done on the xml files, so we don't lose them with the next edits.

>>> For the Media Fragments 1.0
>>> ------------------------------
>>> http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/WD-media-fragments-spec/
>>>

>>> * This version URI must be changed to
>>>  http://www.w3.org/TR/2009/WD-media-frags-20091217
>>
>> I wouldn't know how to do that.
>
> I will do that

Cool.

>>> * There is a broken link,
>>>
>>> http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/WD-media-fragments-FPWD/tbd-diff2009xxxx.html
>>> at Line: 69
>>
>> This is the diff file to previous changes. Since we haven't published
>> anything yet, I don't think we need this.
>
> But this is a *first* publication. There is no diff file to previous
> changes. This should be removed.

I assume you're editing the xml docs now, so I'll leave this to you.

>>> Pubrules checkers [1] says that
>>>
>>> It MUST include this text related to patent policy requirements (with
>>> suitable links inserted; see guidelines for linking to disclosure pages):
>>>
>>> Include this source code:
>>> href="http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Patent-Policy-20040205/">5 February
>>> 2004
>>> W3C Patent Policy</a>. W3C maintains a <a rel="disclosure" href="@@URI to
>>> IPP status or other page@@">public list of any patent disclosures</a>
>>> made
>>> in connection with the deliverables of the group; that page also includes
>>> instructions for disclosing a patent. An individual who has actual
>>> knowledge
>>> of a patent which the individual believes contains <a
>>>
>>> href="http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Patent-Policy-20040205/#def-essential">Essential
>>> Claim(s)</a> must disclose the information in accordance with <a
>>>
>>> href="http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Patent-Policy-20040205/#sec-Disclosure">section
>>> 6 of the W3C Patent Policy</a>. </p>
>>
>> So, should this replace the following paragraph in the introduction?:
>
> Right. I will do it.

Do it in the xml file if you can!

>>> For the Media Fragments Reqs
>>
>> I didn't make any changes there - I thought we were not going to
>> re-publish this document since it was already published?
>

> I read this in Erik's email latest agenda, to publish the 2 documents.

Ah yes, he does say so. I'm surprised there are still so many bugs in
that document. Maybe somebody else can edit these out. I must get back
to work.