Re: ACTION-112: Digest of Conrad's vs Current's proposal for Media Fragment processing

From: RaphaŽl Troncy <Raphael.Troncy@cwi.nl>
Date: Wed, 02 Dec 2009 10:58:27 +0100
To: Yves Lafon <ylafon@w3.org>
Hi Yves,

>> --> We took a resolution regarding the syntax of the Range and
>> Content-Range headers, see [5], but we haven't take any regarding the
>> syntax of Accept-Ranges. Should we put here 'seconds'? Or rather
>> 'time'? Or 'time:npt'?
>
> We should reuse the exact same unit, in that case time:npt.

OK, thanks for the clarification. I have modified the RESOLUTION page
accordingly:
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/WG_Resolutions#Media_Fragment_Headers

>> 206 response code
>> . 1.2.a: This is fully similar to 1.1
>> . 1.2.b: The 'Fragment' and 'Content-Fragment' headers are introduced
>> / 200 response code
>> . In all cases, the body of the response contains the binary data of
>> the fragment
>
> Issue is that you get multiple value for the same URI (which is OK), but
> with no way to differentiate between them. There should be at least a
> Content-Location with the explicit URI of this fragment as a complete
> reource representation.

I don't understand this. Could you explain? In which situation (1.1 /
1.2) we end up with multiple values for the same URI? What are these
values? Could you write down the example with the Content-Location
header in the response?

>> 2) Case 2: Resolving URI fragments in a proxy cachable manner
>
> time ranges _are_ cacheable !

What is the main trigger then for going for 2 round-trips?