W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-media-fragment@w3.org > December 2009

Re: Media Fragments Working Group: Agenda 02 December, Telecon 1000 UTC

From: Michael Hausenblas <michael.hausenblas@deri.org>
Date: Wed, 02 Dec 2009 09:00:40 +0000
To: Silvia Pfeiffer <silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com>, RaphaŽl Troncy <Raphael.Troncy@cwi.nl>
CC: Media Fragment <public-media-fragment@w3.org>, Erik Mannens <erik.mannens@ugent.be>
Message-ID: <C73BDD38.AAB4%michael.hausenblas@deri.org>

> have you been able to work on section 5? I don't really see a need for
> a teleconf unless we have actually made any progress.

+1

Cheers,
      Michael

-- 
Dr. Michael Hausenblas
LiDRC - Linked Data Research Centre
DERI - Digital Enterprise Research Institute
NUIG - National University of Ireland, Galway
Ireland, Europe
Tel. +353 91 495730
http://linkeddata.deri.ie/
http://sw-app.org/about.html



> From: Silvia Pfeiffer <silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com>
> Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2009 17:28:12 +1100
> To: RaphaŽl Troncy <Raphael.Troncy@cwi.nl>
> Cc: Media Fragment <public-media-fragment@w3.org>, Erik Mannens
> <erik.mannens@ugent.be>
> Subject: Re: Media Fragments Working Group: Agenda 02 December, Telecon 1000
> UTC
> Resent-From: Media Fragment <public-media-fragment@w3.org>
> Resent-Date: Wed, 02 Dec 2009 06:29:13 +0000
> 
> Raphael,
> 
> have you been able to work on section 5? I don't really see a need for
> a teleconf unless we have actually made any progress.
> 
> Best Regards,
> Silvia.
> 
> 2009/12/2 RaphaŽl Troncy <Raphael.Troncy@cwi.nl>:
>> Dear Media Fragmenters,
>> 
>> Please, find below the agenda for this week telecon:
>> http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?day=02&month=12&year=200
>> 9&hour=10&min=00&sec=0&p1=0
>> 
>> Yves will be our scribe (Conrad is on deck). Actions opened:
>> http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/open
>> Best regards.
>> 
>> †Erik & RaphaŽl
>> 
>> ------------
>> 
>> AGENDA Teleconference
>> W3C Media Fragments Working Group telephone conference 2009-12-02
>> -----------------------------------------------------------------
>> Wednesday, 02 December *10:00-11:00 UTC*
>> Local time:
>> http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?day=02&month=12&year=200
>> 9&hour=10&min=00&sec=0&p1=0
>> 
>> 02 December 2009, 1000 UTC
>> † † † † † † 0200 (West US)
>> † † † † † † 1000 (Galway)
>> † † † † † † 1100 (Amsterdam, Sophia-Antipolis, Pretoria)
>> † † † † † † 1900 (Tokyo) † † † † † † † *NEW HOUR*
>> † † † † † † 2100 (Sydney) † † † † † † †*NEW HOUR*
>> Bridge US: +1-617-761-6200 (Zakim)
>> Bridge FR: +33.4.89.06.34.99
>> Bridge UK: +44.117.370.6152
>> Conference code : 3724# (spells "FRAG")
>> Duration : 60 minutes
>> -------------------------------------------------------------------
>> IRC channel † † † † †: #mediafrag on irc.w3.org:6665
>> W3C IRC Web Client † : http://www.w3.org/2001/01/cgi-irc
>> Other clients are listed at http://www.w3.org/Project/IRC/#Client
>> Zakim information † †: http://www.w3.org/2002/01/UsingZakim
>> Zakim bridge monitor : http://www.w3.org/1998/12/bridge/Zakim.html
>> Zakim IRC bot † † † †: http://www.w3.org/2001/12/zakim-irc-bot.html
>> -------------------------------------------------------------------
>> 
>> Chair: Raphael
>> Regrets: Erik, Jack
>> ScribeList: http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/ScribeList
>> Scribe: Yves (On Deck: Conrad)
>> 
>> Please note that Media Fragments WG telecons are for attendance by
>> members and invited experts only.
>> 
>> 1. ADMIN:
>> * Roll call
>> * PROPOSED to accept the minutes of the 25 November 2009
>> telecon:
>> http://www.w3.org/2009/11/25-mediafrag-minutes.html
>> * Next F2F Meeting? Media Annotations WG will meet 2 days in the week
>> Feb 22 - 26, 2010 in Korea. Should we meet there?
>> http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/42785/february-f2f/results
>> * ACTION-92: Erik and Raphael to coordinate the writing of papers
>> (ongoing ... re-raise around 15/01/10)
>> 
>> 2. UC & REQUIREMENTS:
>> * ACTION-122: Raphael to drop "-spec" for the short URI of the spec document
>> 
>> 3. SPECIFICATION:
>> 
>> 3.1 Media Fragment URI syntax: (Yves)
>> * Bug in the npt specification found by Philip:
>> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2009Nov/0023.html
>> 
>> 3.2 UA Server HTTP Communication: (Conrad/Raphael)
>> * ACTION-112: Raphael to Propose a digest of Conrad and current's
>> proposal regarding the use of existing and custom headers for the
>> communication UA server
>> 
>> 3.3 Handling of 'Track' and 'ID':
>> Conrad's proposal (Fragment header):
>> http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/Server-parsed_Fragments
>> 
>> 3.4 Discovery of 'Track' and 'Named' fragments:
>> * Davy's strawman implementation using ROE:
>> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2009Nov/0014.html
>> * ISSUE-4 [Silvia]: Should we pre-define some track names?
>> 
>> 4. TEST CASES: (Michael)
>> * Corrib test tool: http://ld2sd.deri.org/corrib/
>> * ACTION-108: Michael to add the missing test cases in corrib
>> * ACTION-115: Michael to come up with categorization of test cases wrt
>> empty, undefined, etc
>> * ACTION-118: Michael to come up with individual 'normal' test cases
>> (+/- 20)
>> * ACTION-119: Yves to request admins to set up a cvs notifications
>> mailing list and notifications
>> * Question of MF URI validity by Philip:
>> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2009Nov/0023.html
>> 
>> 5. IMPLEMENTATION:
>> * ACTION-34: Jack to look at python-url library to see whether he could
>> implement the logic on client side
>> * ACTION-35: Raphael to look at curl and/or wget to see whether the
>> logic could be implemented on client side
>> * ACTION-70: Jack to commit in CVS (code directory) his python code
>> doing the parsing on client side of the media fragment
>> * ACTION-71: Michael to investigate whether he could have an
>> implementation in Javascript that does the client-side media fragments
>> parsing
>> * ACTION-120: Erik to get URL for MF server, and post to group
>> 
>> 6. ISSUES
>> 
>> 6.1 Active:
>> None.
>> 
>> 6.2 Non-Active:
>> * ISSUE-5 [Jack]: Handling spatial cropping requires information at
>> client-side
>> * ISSUE-6 [Jack]: Temporal clips that require transcoding
>> * ISSUE-7 [Michael]: User Agent Media Fragment Resolution and Processing
>> * ISSUE-9 [Michael]: Should we have the media type inside the Test Cases?
>> * ISSUE-12 [Raphael]: What's the relationship between Images (CSS)
>> Sprites and the spatial dimension of the Media Fragments URI scheme?
>> * ISSUE-13 [Raphael]: Write a IETF draft for proposing how to register
>> the fragment scheme for all media types
>> 
>> 7. AOB
>> 
>> --
>> RaphaŽl Troncy
>> CWI (Centre for Mathematics and Computer Science),
>> Kruislaan 413, 1098 SJ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
>> e-mail: raphael.troncy@cwi.nl & raphael.troncy@gmail.com
>> Tel: +31 (0)20 - 592 4093
>> Fax: +31 (0)20 - 592 4312
>> Web: http://www.cwi.nl/~troncy/
>> 
>> 
>> 
> 
Received on Wednesday, 2 December 2009 09:01:22 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Wednesday, 21 September 2011 12:13:35 GMT