W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-media-fragment@w3.org > December 2009

minutes of 2009-11-25 teleconference

From: RaphaŽl Troncy <Raphael.Troncy@cwi.nl>
Date: Tue, 01 Dec 2009 22:37:43 +0100
Message-ID: <4B158CA7.3080208@cwi.nl>
To: Media Fragment <public-media-fragment@w3.org>
Dear all,

The minutes of last week telecon (25/11/09) have not been sent yet to 
the mailing list. Here they are ...
Cheers.

   RaphaŽl

-------------
    [1]W3C
       [1] http://www.w3.org/
              Media Fragments Working Group Teleconference
25 Nov 2009
    See also: [2]IRC log
       [2] http://www.w3.org/2009/11/25-mediafrag-irc
Attendees
    Present
           +0329331aaaa, +1.403.516.aabb, jackjansen, conrad,
           mhausenblas, +61.2.801.2.aacc, silvia, erik, Jack, Michael
    Regrets
	  raphael
    Chair
           erik
    Scribe
           jackjansen
Contents

      * [3]Topics
          1. [4]1 admin
          2. [5]2 - short name issue
          3. [6]3.2 HTTP
          4. [7]3.3 - track and id handling
          5. [8]3.4 discovery of track and named fragments
      * [9]Summary of Action Items
      _________________________________________________________



    <trackbot> Date: 25 November 2009

    <scribe> scribe: jackjansen

    <scribe> ScribeNick: jackjansen

    [10]http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/IG/wiki/CheatSheet

      [10] http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/IG/wiki/CheatSheet

1 admin

    erik: accept minutes
    [11]http://www.w3.org/2009/10/07-mediafrag-minutes.html

      [11] http://www.w3.org/2009/10/07-mediafrag-minutes.html

    <mhausenblas> +1

    <erik> +1

    all: yes

    erik: accept minutes
    [12]http://www.w3.org/2009/11/18-mediafrag-minutes.html

      [12] http://www.w3.org/2009/11/18-mediafrag-minutes.html

    <erik> +1

    all: yes

    erik: Michael, will you be able to go to Seoul?

    Michael: no, other obligation

    erik: will get back to the f2f issue next week
    ... on action-92, postponed until spec is out
    ... philippe said publication would be ok today or tomorrow. We
    wait.

    <erik>
    [13]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/WD-media-fragments-spe
    c/

      [13] 
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/WD-media-fragments-spec/

    erik: what do you all think of current state of the spec?

    michael: comment on section 5 needs addressing

    jack: wants to think about forward compatibility.
    ... forward compatibility is tricky: should have a way whereby newer
    implementations can retroactively
    ... tell older implementations to fail or ignore new feature

    erik: michael, did Yves suggest we need an implementation?

    michael: right
    ... let's address in the next draft

    jack: +1

    <erik> +1

    conrad: yes, publish now

    erik: how many implementations do we have? Ours
    ... yves has one

    jack: mine is rusty. Will brush up in coming few weeks.

    erik: silvia? conrad? implementations?

    conrad: have uri handling, not full syntax yet. In the next few
    months.
    ... will work with silvia and ogg community

    erik: we have server-side implementation.
    ... is up for testing, will post url.

    <scribe> ACTION: erik to get URL for MF server, and post to group
    [recorded in
    [14]http://www.w3.org/2009/11/25-mediafrag-minutes.html#action01]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-120 - Get URL for MF server, and post to
    group [on Erik Mannens - due 2009-12-02].

2 - short name issue

    erik: should we omit -spec?

    michael: yes

    <silvia> I have client side implementation with HTML5

    jackjansen: so we use short name for spec, and add suffices for aux
    documents

    all: yes.

    ACTION on Raphael to fix document names

    <trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - on

    ACTION RaphaŽl to fix document names

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-121 - Fix document names [on RaphaŽl
    Troncy - due 2009-12-02].

    TOPIC 3.1 media fragment syntax

    erik: lets keep for next week

3.2 HTTP

    erik: again, let's table

3.3 - track and id handling

    erik: COnrads proposal,
    [15]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/Server-parsed_Fra
    gments

      [15] 
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/Server-parsed_Fragments

    silvia: need to wait on section 5 to be done.
    ... may jump in myself.
    ... RaphaŽl was working on section 3, don't think on 5 yet
    ... I will coordinate with him if I also start to edit.

    erik: I will ping RaphaŽl.

    silvia: we are missing all our publishing windows.
    ... and section 5 really needs work before publishing, to reflect
    changes to 3.

    michael: should we really wait until 5 is complete?

    silvia: yes, it contradicts 3 at the moment, I will look over it.
    ... three sections in section 3 have no counterpart in section 5
    ... must be fixed.
    ... cannot publish now, action-112 needs to be fixed.

    michael: silvia, can you take this offline with RaphaŽl?

    erik: I will call RaphaŽl today, tell that Silvia does not want to
    publish until action-112 and
    ... section 5 issues are resolved.
    ... I will send an email tonight on what the status is.

    silvia: if it is needed I can put in time this weekend.

3.4 discovery of track and named fragments

    silvia: I wrote about this in my blog.

    [16]http://blog.gingertech.net/2009/11/25/manifests-exposing-structu
    re-of-a-composite-media-resource/

      [16] 
http://blog.gingertech.net/2009/11/25/manifests-exposing-structure-of-a-composite-media-resource/

    <erik> rssagent, draft minutes

    jack: not sure if the blog post doesn't need to be split into two:
    mechanism (roe, mpeg-21) versus
    ... application (semantics)
    ... thinks only mechanism is relevant to MF
    ... will try to write something up.

    erik: will get back to it next week.
    ... Let's adjourn.

    ok.

    see you next week!

    <mhausenblas> hm, seems Zakim didn't pick up the attendees

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: erik to get URL for MF server, and post to group
    [recorded in
    [17]http://www.w3.org/2009/11/25-mediafrag-minutes.html#action01]

    [End of minutes]
      _________________________________________________________

-- 
RaphaŽl Troncy
EURECOM, Multimedia Communications Department
2229, route des CrÍtes, 06560 Sophia Antipolis, France.
e-mail: raphael.troncy@eurecom.fr & raphael.troncy@gmail.com
Tel: +33 (0)4 - 9300 8242
Fax: +33 (0)4 - 9000 8200
Web: http://www.eurecom.fr/~troncy/
Received on Tuesday, 1 December 2009 21:38:28 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Wednesday, 21 September 2011 12:13:35 GMT