Re: Fwd: video size when aspect ratio is not 1

From: RaphaŽl Troncy <Raphael.Troncy@cwi.nl>
Date: Sat, 22 Aug 2009 12:22:38 +0200
To: Silvia Pfeiffer <silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com>
> just came across this on whatwg. I think it also applies to our aspect
> fragment addressing, right?

Indeed. The aspect ratio is defined in our document as a way to crop an
image to a centered area given the defined aspect ratio. We then write:
"The original media is cropped either horizontally or vertically to the
maximum size that has the given aspect ratio."
I realize that we have no use case that clearly shows the need for such
a feature. Perhaps we could add one, what do you think?