Re: ISSUE-11 (Duration-header): How the UA knows the full media duration when only a fragment is served?

Dear all,

We have discussed the ISSUE-11 during the 19/08/2009 telecon [1]. Yves
confirmed that a normal HTTP response (206) to a HTTP range request will
do the job. The wiki page [2], which was incomplete, has been updated.
More precisely, the content-range header in the response will have as
value something in the line of:

indicating thus the total duration of the parent resource. The UA will
be able to display the complete timeline of the resource.
I have closed this ISSUE in the tracker.

   Raphaël

[1] http://www.w3.org/2009/08/19-mediafrag-minutes.html
[2] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/HTTP_implementation

--
Raphaël Troncy
2229, route des Crêtes, 06560 Sophia Antipolis, France.