W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-media-fragment@w3.org > August 2009

minutes of 2009-08-19 teleconference

From: RaphaŽl Troncy <Raphael.Troncy@cwi.nl>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 19:00:12 +0200
Message-ID: <4A8C2F9C.4010402@cwi.nl>
To: Media Fragment <public-media-fragment@w3.org>
All,

We were only 3 on the call today (Silvia, Yves and I) but we have still 
discussed the urgent issues for an hour. The minutes are available for 
review at http://www.w3.org/2009/08/19-mediafrag-minutes.html (and in 
text format below).

I will write later this week an email summarizing what the group has 
achieved so far and what remains to be specified / done to enter a 
possible LC status. It will be important that we resume from next week 
regular telecon with *all* participants.
Cheers.

   Erik & RaphaŽl

-----------
    [1]W3C
       [1] http://www.w3.org/
              Media Fragments Working Group Teleconference
19 Aug 2009
    [2]Agenda
       [2] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2009Aug/0018.html
    See also: [3]IRC log
       [3] http://www.w3.org/2009/08/19-mediafrag-irc
Attendees
    Present
           Yves, Thierry, Silvia, Raphael
    Regrets
           Jack, Michael, Davy, Erik
    Chair
           Raphael
    Scribe
           raphael

Contents

      * [4]Topics
      * [5]Summary of Action Items
      _________________________________________________________



    <trackbot> Date: 19 August 2009

    <Yves> like updating the fragment in the URI bar when you seek
    manually in the video?

    Raphael: just Yves, Thierry, Silvia and Raphael present on the call
    ... no quorum :-(

    Silvia: discussing my today's blog post

    <scribe> scribe: raphael

    Silvia ... i'm considering making a small demo

    scribe: not implementing the protocol stuff the group is doing, but
    rather emulating the visual effect on client / UA side
    ... basically, the YouTube use case

    Yves: +1, we want to demonstrate how to bookmark a fragment of a
    video

    Silvia: my implementation will be based on javascript + perhaps the
    video element of HTML5

    <Yves> about query:
    [6]http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-gregorio-uritemplate-03

       [6] http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-gregorio-uritemplate-03

    <Yves> might be useful

    <nessy>
    [7]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2009Aug
    /0011.html

       [7] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2009Aug/0011.html

    Silvia: I suggest we seriously discuss the use of query vs fragment

    <Yves> or link to a manifest file somewhere

    <Yves> or to a URI template (if applicable)

    Silvia: in case of query, how the new resource can be linked to the
    original resource?

    Raphael: perhaps using the link header

    Silvia: and the problem of the UA getting the full duration of the
    parent resource in case of the fragment, see ISSUE-11
    ... do we need to define an extra header ?

    Yves, it is always in the case of a range request

    Yves: so no problem
    ... for example, the server will serve, this is the bytes for the
    range 10s - 20s / the full duration of the resource

    <nessy>
    [8]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/UA_Server_HTTP_Com
    munication

       [8] 
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/UA_Server_HTTP_Communication

    Yves: correct, this is incomplete, I will correct this wiki page

    Raphael: I will take proper action for closing the ISSUE-11 if the
    problem is addressed

    Great, that closes the ISSUE-11, at least for the fragment

    I will email the group about that

    Silvia: what we need to fix asap is: the scheme syntax of media
    fragment, and the protocol aspect (communication UA / server)

    Yves: the ACTION-49 will be done by the beginning of September

    Raphael: yes, that will make the work more concrete

    <Yves>
    [9]http://www.mnot.net/drafts/draft-nottingham-http-link-header-07.t
    xt

       [9] 
http://www.mnot.net/drafts/draft-nottingham-http-link-header-07.txt

    Raphael: since our examples will contain the full HTTP request and
    HTTP response

    Silvia: I will write my use case by the next telecon
    ... and I will write a paragraph on the use of fragment vs query ...
    among the lines of my blog post

    Raphael: +1

    I want also we discuss the relationships between the spatial
    dimension of Media Fragments and Image Sprites, see
    [10]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2009Ju
    n/0002.html

      [10] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2009Jun/0002.html

    Silvia: perhaps finish the time dimension first
    ... but address that later

    I will create a new issue regarding this point

    Silvia: TPAC, worth to meet ?

    Raphael: perhaps a accessible media workshop colocated

    Silvia: if workshop, mozilla will fund me and I will be there

    Raphael: in this case, I will make it too and Yves will be there
    ... might worth to have then a meeting, perhaps using Media
    Annotations arrangement

    ACTION-96?

    <trackbot> ACTION-96 -- Yves Lafon to make change to
    temporal-optional-comma specification -- due 2009-08-19 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [11]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/96

      [11] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/96

    <nessy> * ACTION-96: Yves to make change to temporal-optional-comma
    specification

    close ACTION-96

    <trackbot> ACTION-96 Make change to temporal-optional-comma
    specification closed

    Question: do we need also editUnits,
    [12]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2009Ju
    l/0018.html ?

      [12] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2009Jul/0018.html

    Silvia: my problem with editUnit, is that this is container specific
    ... even worse, this is encoding specific
    ... I can write a reply about that
    ... editing the WD directly in the cvs ?
    ... capture the discussion within the wiki but update the main
    document that contains the spec in the cvs

    <scribe> ACTION: Silvia to update the wiki + cvs document for adding
    the "clock" scheme for specifying time and for discussing editUnit
    (ACTION-84) [recorded in
    [13]http://www.w3.org/2009/08/19-mediafrag-minutes.html#action01]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-97 - Update the wiki + cvs document for
    adding the "clock" scheme for specifying time and for discussing
    editUnit (ACTION-84) [on Silvia Pfeiffer - due 2009-08-26].

    ACTION-89?

    <trackbot> ACTION-89 -- Yves Lafon to find out more about fragment
    identifier registration -- due 2009-07-22 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [14]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/89

      [14] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/89

    we need to write a small IETF draft for IANA consideration

    we need to make a plan for that

    Yves: first, get a good story from our document, and then the IETF
    document will just link to our document

    close ACTION-89

    <trackbot> ACTION-89 Find out more about fragment identifier
    registration closed

    I will open a new ISSUE to remind us that we need to write a IETF
    draft for proposing how to register the fragment scheme for all
    media types

    Yves: this IETF draft should contain a how-to register the fragment
    spec for media fragments
    ... and we should ask for a template of what does it mean when we
    come accross a media fragment

    Silvia: this is a different issue ... something to consider

    Raphael: I will make another issue
    ... for the media type registration template
    ... needs to be discussed then within IETF

    AOB?

    <nessy> thanks everybody!

    thanks

    meeting adjourned

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: Silvia to update the wiki + cvs document for adding
    the "clock" scheme for specifying time and for discussing editUnit
    (ACTION-84) [recorded in
    [15]http://www.w3.org/2009/08/19-mediafrag-minutes.html#action01]

    [End of minutes]

-- 
RaphaŽl Troncy
EURECOM, Multimedia Communications Department
2229, route des CrÍtes, 06560 Sophia Antipolis, France.
e-mail: raphael.troncy@eurecom.fr & raphael.troncy@gmail.com
Tel: +33 (0)4 - 9300 8242
Fax: +33 (0)4 - 9000 8200
Web: http://www.cwi.nl/~troncy/
Received on Wednesday, 19 August 2009 17:00:53 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Wednesday, 21 September 2011 12:13:34 GMT