W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-media-fragment@w3.org > April 2009

minutes of 2009-04-29 teleconference

From: RaphaŽl Troncy <Raphael.Troncy@cwi.nl>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 16:06:26 +0200
Message-ID: <49F85EE2.1050802@cwi.nl>
To: Media Fragment <public-media-fragment@w3.org>
All,

The minutes of today's telecon are available for review at 
http://www.w3.org/2009/04/29-mediafrag-minutes.html (and in text format
below).

New actions are:
   * ACTION-76: Erik to contact the editors of MPEG-21 Part 17 regarding 
the registry of their scheme
   * ACTION-77: Yves to investigate what's happened when facing an 
invalid Media Fragment URI, re step 2 of 
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/UserAgentMediaFragmentResolution
   * ACTION-78: RaphaŽl to draft a wiki page for centralizing all decisions
Cheers!

   Erik & Raphael

-------------

    [1]W3C
       [1] http://www.w3.org/
          W3C Media Fragments WG Telecon - 29/04/2009 12:00 UTC
29 Apr 2009
    [2]Agenda
       [2] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2009Apr/0146.html
    See also: [3]IRC log
       [3] http://www.w3.org/2009/04/29-mediafrag-irc
Attendees
    Present
           Michael, Erik, Yves, Raphael, Silvia
    Regrets
           Conrad, Davy
    Chair
           Erik, Raphael
    Scribe
           raphael

Contents

      * [4]Topics
          1. [5]1/ ADMIN
          2. [6]2. UC & Requirements
          3. [7]3. Specification
          4. [8]4. Test Cases
          5. [9]5. Issues
          6. [10]6. AOB
      * [11]Summary of Action Items
      _________________________________________________________



    <scribe> Scribe: raphael

    <scribe> scribenick: raphael

    <silvia> Zakim mute me

1/ ADMIN

    Proposed to accept te minutes of April 8,
    [12]http://www.w3.org/2009/04/08-mediafrag-minutes.html

      [12] http://www.w3.org/2009/04/08-mediafrag-minutes.html

    <erik> +1

    Propose to accept the minutes of the f2f meeting:
    [13]http://www.w3.org/2009/04/16-mediafrag-minutes.html and
    [14]http://www.w3.org/2009/04/17-mediafrag-minutes.html

      [13] http://www.w3.org/2009/04/16-mediafrag-minutes.html
      [14] http://www.w3.org/2009/04/17-mediafrag-minutes.html

    RESOLUTION: all minutes approved

    <mhausenblas> +1+1

    <silvia> +1

    <Zakim> mhausenblas, you wanted to comment on ACTION-65

    Next f2f meeting in September, possibly in Amsterdam, on 17-18/09

2. UC & Requirements

    I have re-issued the transition request

    scribe: I'm waiting for Philippe's yes
    ... before splitting the document and advertizing the other groups
    to review our document

    close ACTON-51

    close ACTION-51

    <trackbot> ACTION-51 Summarize the content of the wiki page to put
    in the main document, with few examples and a short story closed

    <scribe> done just before the F2F meeting

3. Specification

    Yves: will do my action in the next 2 weeks

    <Zakim> mhausenblas, you wanted to comment on structure of the WD

    Erik: regarding action-67, I will provide an example

    Michael: I want to talk about action-64
    ... I want to change the structure of this sub-section, this is the
    processing model
    ... and discuss what's happen on the UA side, and on the server side

    Raphael: +1 for Michael's suggestion for the next iteration of the
    WD

    <silvia> so the suggestion is to rename 6.4 to Processing?

    <erik> +1 for next iteration

    <mhausenblas> 6.4 -> Interpretation and Processing of MF

    <silvia> good, like it

    Michael: but not talk about semantics

    <mhausenblas> 6.4.1 Overview

    +1

    <mhausenblas> 6.4.2 UA view

    <mhausenblas> 6.4.3 Server

    <silvia> +1

    Conrad: I hope to complete my actions 63 and 69 later this week

    <mhausenblas> Michael: thanks, will do after splitting of docs

4. Test Cases

    <mhausenblas>
    [15]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/TestCasesOverview

      [15] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/TestCasesOverview

    Actual test cases:
    [16]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/TestCases

      [16] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/TestCases

    Michael: I motivated first the need for test cases
    ... I then provided examples of test cases, these need to be
    approved

    <mhausenblas> [17]TC setup

      [17] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2009Apr/0135.html

    Email and issues from Michael:
    [18]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2009Ap
    r/0135.html

      [18] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2009Apr/0135.html

    Raphael: no value means by default for the temporal dimension the
    start time (end time) of the resource

    Yves: empty is different than not present ... i.e. sometimes, the
    dimension is not present, sometimes we have the default value

    Michael: please, review the Test Cases, edit the wiki, mail the
    mailing list
    ... the intention is to go away from the wiki asap
    ... since it is really painful

5. Issues

    ISSUE-3?

    <trackbot> ISSUE-3 -- Does our MF URI syntax imply that we need to
    update MIME Type registrations? -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [19]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/issues/3

      [19] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/issues/3

    Michael: good news, no IANA registries for fragments on media mime
    types

    <scribe> ACTION: Erik to contact the editors of MPEG-21 Part 17
    regarding the registry of their scheme [recorded in
    [20]http://www.w3.org/2009/04/29-mediafrag-minutes.html#action01]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-76 - Contact the editors of MPEG-21 Part
    17 regarding the registry of their scheme [on Erik Mannens - due
    2009-05-06].

    ISSUE-4?

    <trackbot> ISSUE-4 -- Should we pre-define some track names? -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [21]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/issues/4

      [21] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/issues/4

    Silvia: I still think we need to pre-define some track names
    ... I will wait for Conrad's action
    ... not sure I understant it

    ACTION-7?

    <trackbot> ACTION-7 -- Yves Lafon to request a new time slot on the
    Zakim bridge -- due 2008-10-28 -- CLOSED

    <trackbot>
    [22]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/7

      [22] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/7

    ISSUE-7?

    <trackbot> ISSUE-7 -- User Agent Media Fragment Resolution and
    Processing -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [23]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/issues/7

      [23] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/issues/7

    <mhausenblas>
    [24]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/UserAgentMediaFra
    gmentResolution

      [24] 
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/UserAgentMediaFragmentResolution

    Raphael: I have finally understood this issue, this is the UA point
    of view of what's hapening

    Michael: regarding the step 2
    ... I'm referring to Common User Agent Problems

    <Yves> foo#bar in a redirect is currently not allowed

    Michael: I just write the various possibilities
    ... perhaps we should just have the default behavior fallback,
    stating that the UA should write valid MF URI

    <scribe> ACTION: Yves to investigate what's happened when facing an
    invalid Media Fragment URI, re step 2 of
    [25]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/UserAgentMediaFra
    gmentResolution [recorded in
    [26]http://www.w3.org/2009/04/29-mediafrag-minutes.html#action02]

      [25] 
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/UserAgentMediaFragmentResolution

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-77 - Investigate what's happened when
    facing an invalid Media Fragment URI, re step 2 of
    [27]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/UserAgentMediaFra
    gmentResolution [on Yves Lafon - due 2009-05-06].

      [27] 
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/UserAgentMediaFragmentResolution

    <silvia> ok, understood :)

    Michael: I will put this description and diagram in the document ...
    instead of semantics -> processing of the media fragments

    ISSUE-8?

    <trackbot> ISSUE-8 -- Missing collection of MF WG decisions -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [28]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/issues/8

      [28] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/issues/8

    Do we want a wiki page that centralizes all the resolution?

    Silvia: I think the issues page barely captures that

    Michael: I don't think so

    Silvia: the page captures our discussion, but I agree does not
    endorse the decision

    Michael: can we misuse the tracker?

    We have resolved all the polls

    Michael: I volunteer to maintain this page if chairs create it

    trackbot, status?

    <scribe> ACTION: RaphaŽl to draft a wiki page for centralizing all
    decisions [recorded in
    [29]http://www.w3.org/2009/04/29-mediafrag-minutes.html#action03]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-78 - Draft a wiki page for centralizing
    all decisions [on RaphaŽl Troncy - due 2009-05-06].

6. AOB

    Michael: any news from the TAG regarding their latest finding, hash
    in uri?

    <mhausenblas> Michael thanks raphael for his great double role in
    scribing and chairing ;)

    Raphael: I will do that later this afternoon

    no AOB?

    meeting adjourned

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: Erik to contact the editors of MPEG-21 Part 17
    regarding the registry of their scheme [recorded in
    [30]http://www.w3.org/2009/04/29-mediafrag-minutes.html#action01]
    [NEW] ACTION: RaphaŽl to draft a wiki page for centralizing all
    decisions [recorded in
    [31]http://www.w3.org/2009/04/29-mediafrag-minutes.html#action03]
    [NEW] ACTION: Yves to investigate what's happened when facing an
    invalid Media Fragment URI, re step 2 of
    [32]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/UserAgentMediaFra
    gmentResolution [recorded in
    [33]http://www.w3.org/2009/04/29-mediafrag-minutes.html#action02]

      [32] 
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/UserAgentMediaFragmentResolution

    [End of minutes]

-- 
RaphaŽl Troncy
CWI (Centre for Mathematics and Computer Science),
Science Park 123, 1098 XG Amsterdam, The Netherlands
e-mail: raphael.troncy@cwi.nl & raphael.troncy@gmail.com
Tel: +31 (0)20 - 592 4093
Fax: +31 (0)20 - 592 4312
Web: http://www.cwi.nl/~troncy/
Received on Wednesday, 29 April 2009 14:07:12 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Wednesday, 21 September 2011 12:13:33 GMT