Re: Feedback on edits to sections 1-5 of WD

From: RaphaŽl Troncy <Raphael.Troncy@cwi.nl>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 11:09:05 +0200
To: Silvia Pfeiffer <silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com>
Dear Silvia,

>>   Erik: i wonder if the individual use cases should be
>>   ordered differently, following the various dimensions: time, space,
>>   track, name
>
> I was wondering if we should add to section 5 for every requirement
> which use cases that were listed above it embraces. That would just be
> a list of numbers from above but will tell us whether we have indeed
> covered all the use cases that we agreed are within scope. What do
> people think?

Yes, I had that in mind too. Ideally, indeed, each UC should refer back
to req-xxx

> I have made a note of this at the beginning of the document. I do
> indeed think that section 6 & 7 should go into a separate document. I
> also think we need to still write a lot more detail on these sections.
> I think the issues that we cannot currently forumlate will come as we
> are creating implementations for the file formats.

I agree. I think this text will come naturally after our vivid
discussions in our next F2F meeting.

> I have made thes changes in the table. While doing so, I went through
> the Ogg-related formats and fixed them up. I only had a brief look at
> other formats but have the suspicion that most of the fitness
> estimations may actually be wrong or miss an explanation. For example,
> I cannot see how QTText makes QuickTime mov files partially capable of
> supporting track addressing. Has anyone actualy thoroughly gone
> through this table? Might this be something to be done at the F2F and
> completed with comments?

OK, thanks for this suggestion. I have amended the F2F agenda in order
to go through this table and write down a justification note for all 'fit'.

> I think it's looking much better now. :)

Indeed! Thanks!