Re: Description of the 2-ways and the 4-ways handshake

More questions:

On 3 apr 2009, at 01:37, David Singer wrote:

[...]

> samples are stored in chunks;  the chunk offset table gives the
> starting sample number, the number of samples, and the absolute file
> byte-offset of the first byte of that sample, for each chunk.  find
> the chunk the sample we want is in, and its byte offset.

This table seems to be unbounded in size, or not? What would be the
size for, say, a 1-hour video?

> (typically, for data loading, we stop here and just add that chunk
> start point to the data we need, find the chunk starts for the other
> tracks, and if they are close together, load a whole bunch-o-bytes
> from the earliest offset, such that we get all of them)
>
> there is also a table which gives (compacted again) the size of each
> sample;  for the sample preceding the one we want, but in the same
> chunk, add their sizes to the chunk offset.  this gives the absolute
> byte offset of the access unit want.

Again, this table seems to be unbounded. Or did I misunderstand, and
is this information stored in the chunk (as opposed to in the moov)?

Goldman