W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-media-fragment@w3.org > April 2009

Re: Media Fragments Working Group: Agenda 01 April, Telecon 0900 UTC

From: Conrad Parker <conrad@metadecks.org>
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 15:41:16 +0900
Message-ID: <dba6c0830903312341n5246b15lf21ba9fa40f81f16@mail.gmail.com>
To: Michael Hausenblas <michael.hausenblas@deri.org>
Cc: RaphaŽl Troncy <Raphael.Troncy@cwi.nl>, Media Fragment <public-media-fragment@w3.org>, Erik Mannens <erik.mannens@ugent.be>
My regrets for this teleconf also, a function to attend.

Conrad.

2009/4/1 Michael Hausenblas <michael.hausenblas@deri.org>:
>
> Regrets. Deadline surfing. From next week on I'll be all yours ...
>
> Cheers,
> † † †Michael
>
> --
> Dr. Michael Hausenblas
> DERI - Digital Enterprise Research Institute
> National University of Ireland, Lower Dangan,
> Galway, Ireland, Europe
> Tel. +353 91 495730
> http://sw-app.org/about.html
> http://webofdata.wordpress.com/
>
>
>> From: RaphaŽl Troncy <Raphael.Troncy@cwi.nl>
>> Organization: CWI
>> Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 00:03:27 +0200
>> To: Media Fragment <public-media-fragment@w3.org>
>> Cc: Erik Mannens <erik.mannens@ugent.be>
>> Subject: Media Fragments Working Group: Agenda 01 April, Telecon 0900 UTC
>> Resent-From: Media Fragment <public-media-fragment@w3.org>
>> Resent-Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 22:04:19 +0000
>>
>> Dear Media Fragmenters,
>>
>> Please, find below the agenda for this week telecon. Please, note that
>> Europeans are back to the *old* hour, but *NOT* Silvia and Conrad. Use
>> the link below to see the telecon hour depending on your time zone.
>>
>> The scribe will be Silvia (Guillaume is on deck), please, make sure you
>> can make it! Yves has sent regrets.
>> Best regards.
>>
>> † †Erik & RaphaŽl
>>
>> ------------
>>
>> AGENDA Teleconference
>> W3C Media Fragments Working Group telephone conference 2009-04-01
>>
>> -------------------------------------------------------------------
>> Wednesday, 01 April *09:00-10:00 UTC*
>> Local time:
>> http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?day=01&month=04&year=2009
>> &hour=09&min=00&sec=0&p1=0
>> 01 April 2009, 0900 UTC
>> † † † † † † † † † †0200 (West US)
>> † † † † † † † † † †0500 (East US)
>> †1000 (Galway)
>> † † † † † † † † † †1100 (Amsterdam)
>> † † † † † † † † † †1800 (Seoul)
>> † † † † † † † † † †2000 (Sydney)
>> Bridge US: +1-617-761-6200 (Zakim)
>> Bridge FR: +33.4.89.06.34.99
>> Bridge UK: +44.117.370.6152
>> Conference code : 3724# (spells "FRAG")
>> Duration : 60 minutes
>> -------------------------------------------------------------------
>> IRC channel † † † † †: #mediafrag on irc.w3.org:6665
>> W3C IRC Web Client † : http://www.w3.org/2001/01/cgi-irc
>> Other clients are listed at http://www.w3.org/Project/IRC/#Client
>> Zakim information † †: http://www.w3.org/2002/01/UsingZakim
>> Zakim bridge monitor : http://www.w3.org/1998/12/bridge/Zakim.html
>> Zakim IRC bot † † † †: http://www.w3.org/2001/12/zakim-irc-bot.html
>> -------------------------------------------------------------------
>>
>> Chair: Raphael, Erik
>> ScribeList: http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/ScribeList
>> Scribe: Silvia (On Deck: Guillaume, Michael)
>> Regrets: Yves
>>
>> Please note that Media Fragments WG telecons are for attendance by
>> members and invited experts only.
>>
>> 1. ADMIN:
>> * Roll call
>> * PROPOSED to accept the minutes of the 25th March 2009 telecon:
>> http://www.w3.org/2009/03/25-mediafrag-minutes.html
>> * Telecon hour: should we move to 1000 UTC? 1100 UTC?
>>
>> 2. Upcoming F2F Meeting in Barcelona:
>> * ACTION-50 Erik to Inquire about attendance for the upcoming f2f
>> * Agenda building
>> http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/ThirdF2FAgenda
>>
>> 3. PREPARATION OF WORKING DRAFT
>> See: http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/WD-media-fragments-reqs/
>>
>> 3.1 Syntax:
>> * ACTION-49: Yves to Draft the HTTP-Range syntax for different units
>> (completing all the syntax for the two way handshake)
>> * Errors found by Jack while implementing:
>> . Don't put single quote (') in an utf8string,
>> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2009Mar/0076.html
>> . Don't put sub-delims (e.g. &) in an utf8string,
>> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2009Mar/0077.html
>> . Spell 'percent' instead of using the '%' character,
>> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2009Mar/0077.html
>>
>> 3.2 Existing Technologies Survey (Erik)
>> * ACTION-51: Erik to Summarize the content of the wiki page to put in
>> the main document, with few examples and a short story
>>
>> 3.3 HTTP implementation (Raphael)
>> See: http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/HTTP_implementation
>> * ACTION-52: Raphael to Replace all examples in the HTTP implementation
>> wiki page with the video Jack took
>>
>> 3.4 Use Cases & Requirements Discussion: (Silvia)
>> See:
>>
> http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/Use_Cases_%26_Requirements_Draf>
> t
>> Reviews:
>> † †. Raphael:
>> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2008Nov/0044.html
>> † †. Jack:
>> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2008Nov/0053.html
>> † †. Guillaume:
>> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2008Nov/0076.html
>> † †. Davy:
>> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2008Dec/0007.html
>>
>> 4. Implementation:
>> * ACTION-34: Jack to look at python-url library to see whether he could
>> implement the logic on client side
>> * ACTION-35: Raphael to look at curl and/or wget to see whether the
>> logic could be implemented on client side
>> * ACTION-53: Jack to Check whether ffmpeg can slide movies easily, need
>> for implementation on client and server side
>> See also:
>> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2009Mar/0061.html
>> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2009Mar/0066.html
>> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2009Mar/0068.html
>> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2009Mar/0085.html
>> Summary:
>> † †. Issue related to transcoding: is it allowed when cropping or not?
>> Does ffmpeg produce only transcoded versions of a fragment, which
>> triggers a problem when caching the resource? How ffmpeg does
>> communicate the exact timeframe returned after the clipping operation
>> (often different from the client request)? How the audio and video sync
>> is guaranteed, see also http://wiki.xiph.org/OggSkeleton Does ffmpeg
>> have problem with spatial cropping only when a percentage relative
>> values are used?
>> † †. Issue related to spatial cropping: where that happens (client or
>> server side)? how to communicate the original size when using percentage
>> values?
>>
>> 5. ISSUES
>> * ISSUE-3 [Michael]: Does our MF URI syntax imply that we need to update
>> MIME Type
>> registrations?
>> http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/issues/3
>> ** Some related discussion on the TAG mailing list (started by Michael):
>> † †- Thread http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2009Feb/0074.html
>> † †- Thread http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2009Feb/0183.html
>> ** ACTION-42: Michael to dig deeper into the video/* issue proposed by TimBL
>> ** ACTION-47: Michael to write the options related to the semantics of
>> media fragments and the procedure on the wiki
>>
>> * ISSUE-4 [Silvia]: Should we pre-define some track names?
>> http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/issues/4
>>
>> 6. AOB
>>
>> --
>> RaphaŽl Troncy
>> CWI (Centre for Mathematics and Computer Science),
>> Kruislaan 413, 1098 SJ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
>> e-mail: raphael.troncy@cwi.nl & raphael.troncy@gmail.com
>> Tel: +31 (0)20 - 592 4093
>> Fax: +31 (0)20 - 592 4312
>> Web: http://www.cwi.nl/~troncy/
>>
>>
>
>
>
Received on Wednesday, 1 April 2009 06:41:57 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Wednesday, 21 September 2011 12:13:32 GMT