Introduction of Jack Jansen

From: Jack Jansen <Jack.Jansen@cwi.nl>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 13:18:28 +0200
To: Media Fragment <public-media-fragment@w3.org>

Here's my introduction (finally),

my name is Jack Jansen, and I work at Centrum voor Wiskunde en
Informatica (CWI) in Amsterdam.

I'm interested in opening up multimedia for accessibility and reuse,
so that audio/video (but also complex media) can become first class
citizens on the web, and be used and re-used in the same way text
currently can: blogging and syndication, cooperative editing as with
Wiki's, in-context deep-linking, mashups, etc.

The long term goal for this is user empowerment: enable end users to
find, access and reuse media in a way that suits their particular
needs. I'm more an architecture/infrastructure than a solutions guy:
I'm interested in providing the technologies to enable other people to
build the solutions. A good solution tends to solve only a single
problem, or a few related ones, whereas a good open architecture
enables as many solutions to different problems as people can imagine.

Besides the Media Fragments WG I'm also a member of the Synchronous
Multimedia WG (SYMM) and the Rich Web Application Backbone XG (RWAB).

My homepage is at <http://homepages.cwi.nl/~jack>.
Goldman