W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-media-fragment@w3.org > September 2008

minutes of 2008-09-24 telecon

From: RaphaŽl Troncy <Raphael.Troncy@cwi.nl>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 15:12:45 +0200
Message-ID: <48DA3CCD.1000008@cwi.nl>
To: Media Fragment <public-media-fragment@w3.org>

All,

The minutes of our today's telecon are available now for review at 
http://www.w3.org/2008/09/24-mediafrag-minutes.html (and in text format 
below)

   RaphaŽl

-----------------
    [1]W3C
       [1] http://www.w3.org/
              Media Fragments Working Group Teleconference
24 Sep 2008
    See also: [2]IRC log
       [2] http://www.w3.org/2008/09/24-mediafrag-irc
Attendees
    Present
           +0329331aaaa, +95168aabb, +95168aacc, raphael, davy,
           mhausenblas, +030210772aadd, Yves, +61.2.801.2.aaee, nessy,
           vassilis, erik

    Regrets
    Chair
           Erik

    Scribe
           Yves

Contents

      * [3]Topics
          1. [4]minutes approval
          2. [5]Use Cases
          3. [6]AOB
      * [7]Summary of Action Items
      _________________________________________________________


    <raphael> The scribe list is at:
    [8]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/ScribeList

       [8] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/ScribeList

    <raphael> We're going down the list ...

    <raphael> ... Jack should be our next scribe, Yves on deck if Jack
    cannot make it

    <raphael> ... is that ok?

    <raphael> Chair: Erik

    <scribe> Scribe: Yves

minutes approval

    <mhausenblas> +1

    <nessy> +1

    Erik: comments? somebody objecting?

    <raphael> +1

    <davy> +1

    => minutes approved

    Please present yourself in the Wiki.

    next f2f: please register in
    [9]http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35125/TPAC2008/

       [9] http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35125/TPAC2008/

    Silvia: I registered

    Erik: will we be able to see the results from the questionnaire?

    Yves: yes, there will be a consolidated page with the relevant
    information

    Raphael: the questionnaire will be closed soon

    end is 28 september

    Erik: next in f2f in ghent. there was a questionnaire, and the
    result was to pick 9th and 10th

    <erik> +1

    Raphael: any objection with those dates?

    <nessy> +1

    <Vassilis> +1

    <raphael> +1

    <davy> +1

    <mhausenblas> +1

    => resolution Ghent f2f will be 9th and 10th December

    meeting will be announced well in advance (wrt 8 week limit, per W3C
    process)

Use Cases

    Erik: there is a new Use Case page in the Wiki, with uses cases for
    video, audio and still images

    [10]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/Use_Cases_%26_Req
    uirements

      [10] 
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/Use_Cases_%26_Requirements

    Raphael: if you need to create new pages in the wiki for the use
    cases, please do so (as soon as you link form the main page)

    Silvia: what is the aim to give people individual use cases? or
    should we discuss more genericly about UCs ?

    Raphael: next step would be to extract requirements for our WDs

    Erik: it will help reconcile the UCs and the spec, showing we didn't
    miss any requirement during the process

    Michael, as long as you are responsible of a Use Case, you will be
    the advocate of the UC, not that you are the sole contributor on it

    Vassilis: it would be nice to have a template for use cases, to help
    editors starting

    <raphael> +1

    Silvia: there is one missing in the media delivery field, but the
    current number seems right

    Raphael: UCs are not independants, we will go through the whole list
    of UCs, discuss them, group and filter them (in case of ducplicates,
    specialization of UCs, etc...)

    Silvia: even search and serving with offset might be linked as well,
    so almost all UCs are linked to each other.

    Erik: specialized UCs of the generic ones will help discussing
    technical issues

    <mhausenblas> Michael volunteers to take lead on
    [11]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/Use_Cases_%26_Req
    uirements#Media_Linking_and_Bookmarking_UC

      [11] 
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/Use_Cases_%26_Requirements#Media_Linking_and_Bookmarking_UC

    <raphael> thanks Michael

    [12]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/Use_Cases_%26_Req
    uirements#Media_Search_UC no volunteer

      [12] 
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/Use_Cases_%26_Requirements#Media_Search_UC

    Raphael: what is the Photobook UC?

    is the goal doing a composite image out of a collection of photo?

    Silvia: it's about taking sections of images, and stitch them, for
    example

    another one would be a slideshow

    it would be good to have clarification of the intent in the text

    Erik: thought more about video made out of photos

    Silvia: so linked to the slideshow

    Raphael: looks similar to what SMIL can do

    Erik will be responsible for the Photobook UC

    Silvia: SMIL can work on the slideshow part, but we still need to
    define fragments, right?

    Raphael: yes

    Raphael will take careof the Map Application UC

    Yves: the Multi Resolution UC is in the same bucket, spo it make
    sense to work on both of them

    Raphael: agreeed

    Moving Point of Interest.

    Raphael: it is something that may be in the charter but in the
    second part.

    so it's OK to work on the UC, but it won't be worked on during the
    first phase

    Silvia will take the Video/Browser UC

    Erik: Next week, we will try to distribute the remaining UCs

    We will need to look at the state of the art for every UCs

    look at the different existing solutions, different syntax, put
    examples in the wiki etc...

    <mhausenblas>
    [13]http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/Glossary

      [13] http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/Glossary

    Raphael: from recent email exchanges, we need to work on a Glossary

    we need to agree on the terminology we use

AOB

    Raphael: we didn't give formal actions, but please edit your wiki
    apges, add your names to the UCs, and register to TPAC if not done !

    ADJOURNED

Summary of Action Items

    [End of minutes]
      _________________________________________________________


     Minutes formatted by David Booth's [14]scribe.perl version 1.133
     ([15]CVS log)
     $Date: 2008/09/24 13:00:36 $
      _________________________________________________________

      [14] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
      [15] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/



-- 
RaphaŽl Troncy
CWI (Centre for Mathematics and Computer Science),
Kruislaan 413, 1098 SJ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
e-mail: raphael.troncy@cwi.nl & raphael.troncy@gmail.com
Tel: +31 (0)20 - 592 4093
Fax: +31 (0)20 - 592 4312
Web: http://www.cwi.nl/~troncy/
Received on Wednesday, 24 September 2008 13:13:31 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Wednesday, 21 September 2011 12:13:30 GMT