Introduction of RaphaŽl Troncy

From: RaphaŽl Troncy <Raphael.Troncy@cwi.nl>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 17:35:19 +0200
To: public-media-fragment@w3.org

Dear All,

Following today's first teleconference, I suggest we all introduce
ourself, by sending a short email to this list and by updating our
personal page on the Media Fragments wiki. As an example, find below my
introduction. I have also updated:
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/RaphaelTroncy

-----------

I am RaphaŽl Troncy [1], researcher in the "Semantic Media Interfaces"
group [2] of CWI, the Dutch national research center on computer science
and mathematics, Amsterdam. I have a background in document engineering,
and knowledge representation and I have tried to reconcile these two
worlds for describing and retrieving audio-visual content during my PhD
Thesis [3].

My research interest include Semantic Web and Multimedia Technologies,
Knowledge Representation, Ontology Modeling and Alignment. I have
proposed COMM, a Core Ontology for Multimedia [4] derived from MPEG-7
and DOLCE. I'm also working closely with the IPTC standardization body
for bringing the NewsML architecture and other IPTC standards to the
Semantic Web [5].

I have already been involved in W3C activities, participating in the
Multimedia and Semantic Web task force [6] of the Semantic Web Best
Practices and Deployment WG [7]. I have co-chaired the Multimedia
Semantics Incubator Group [8]. I'm now participating in the Media
Annotations Working Group [9] and co-chairing the Media Fragments
Working Group [10].

[1] http://www.cwi.nl/~troncy/
[2] http://db.cwi.nl/projecten/thema.php4?themanr=6
[3] http://www.cwi.nl/~troncy/Publications/Troncy-PhD04.pdf