W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-media-fragment@w3.org > September 2008

minutes of 2008-09-17 telecon

From: Hausenblas, Michael <michael.hausenblas@joanneum.at>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 16:00:09 +0200
Message-ID: <768DACDC356ED04EA1F1130F97D298520188A07A@RZJC2EX.jr1.local>
To: <public-media-fragment@w3.org>


All,

The minutes of our today's telecon are available now for review [1].

Cheers,
	Michael

[1] http://www.w3.org/2008/09/17-mediafrag-minutes.html

________________________________________________________________________
________________

W3C Media Fragments Working Group telephone conference 2008-09-17

17 Sep 2008

Agenda [2]
See also: IRC log [3]

[2]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2008Sep/0000.h
tml
[3] http://www.w3.org/2008/09/17-mediafrag-irc

Attendees:

 Present 
  Raphael Troncy, Davy Van Deursen, Erik Mannens, Silvia Pfeiffer, Yves
Lafon, Michael Hausenblas 
 Regrets 
  Jack 
 Chair 
  Raphael 
 Scribe 
  Michael

Contents:

 Topics 
  1. Introduction 
  2. Future Meetings 
  3. Working Group Tools 
  4. Goals & Objectives 
  5. AOB 

Summary of Action Items 

[NEW] ACTION: All to write up use cases by editing the Wiki and report
it to the list [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2008/09/17-mediafrag-minutes.html#action03]
[NEW] ACTION: Yves to contact Google AC Rep re member of MediaFrag WG
till next week [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2008/09/17-mediafrag-minutes.html#action01]
[NEW] ACTION: Yves to set up a questionary for seond MediaFrag F2F in
Gent (8. and 9. Dec) [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2008/09/17-mediafrag-minutes.html#action02]


Introduction
Raphael: Welcome. I and Erik will chair. Yves is the W3C team contact
... we will introduce to goals and tools today
... check out the WG page http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/
... start introducing ourselves

Silvia: Based in Australia
... developing hypervideo linking
... some 15 years of experiences in the multimedia realm

Raphael: And Silvia is one of the IETF frag draft

Erik: From Belgium, lab does lot of video stuff, MPEG, etc.
... metadata and feature extraction and adaptation
... were members of MMSEM-XG
... will co-chair with Raphael

Davy: PhD at the multimedia lab (at Erik's lab)
... about adapting; first time in W3C

<raphael> Michael: working in JRS, Austria

<raphael> ... scalable multimedia app using SW technologies

<raphael> ... past member of Multimedia Semantics XG, Linked Data group

<raphael> ... did RDFa too

Yves: the protocol guy
... working on HTTP 1.1 updates
... did annotating in RDF a long time ago ;)

Raphael: Post-doc at CWI
... co-chair of MMSEM-XG and SWBPD-WD TF
... contributed to IPTC, MPEG and related multimedia metadata stuff

Erik: Missing important invited experts?

Raphael: We will discuss this, yes

-> http://www.w3.org/2005/10/Process-20051014/groups.html#good-standing
Good Standing participation

Raphael: please send regrets if you can't join
... we will be strict with that

<Yves> http://www.w3.org/2005/10/Process-20051014/ is a good reading,
especially for document transitions requirements

-> http://www.w3.org/2008/01/media-fragments-wg.html Charter

Raphael: Silvia is one invited expert
... Wolfgang Jochum (Austria) can join

Erik: Overlap with Media Annotation WG?
... should be join in both directions
... yes, increase industrial part

Silvia: I know someone at Youtube
... I'll contact the person

<scribe> ACTION: Yves to contact Google AC Rep re member of MediaFrag WG
till next week [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2008/09/17-mediafrag-minutes.html#action01]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-1 - Contact Google AC Rep re member of
MediaFrag WG till next week [on Yves Lafon - due 2008-09-24].

Raphael: Seven or more participants are expected

Future Meetings
Raphael: Weekly telecon
... 11:00UTC fine?

propose 12:00UTC on Wednsday

+1

<erik> +1

<davy> +1

<nessy> +1

<Yves> => 8AM boston time

RESOLVED Weekly MediaFrag Telecon will be on Wednesday at 12:00UTC

Raphael: F2F
... first F2F during TPAC
... please register ASAP for TPAC
... who will attend

<erik> +1

<davy> I will

<nessy> uncertain

Michael: online IRC and phone

Raphael: I'll be there

<nessy> will know before 20th

Erik: Second F2F
... can provide rooms at our place 8 Dec

<scribe> ACTION: Yves to set up a questionary for seond MediaFrag F2F in
Gent (8. and 9. Dec) [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2008/09/17-mediafrag-minutes.html#action02]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-2 - Set up a questionary for second MediaFrag
F2F in Gent (8. and 9. Dec) [on Yves Lafon - due 2008-09-24].

Raphael: quck poll - any problems?

<erik> +1

Michael ok

<davy> ok

Raphael: the third F2F likely in Korea

Yves prefers Tuesday to Wednesday

Erik: Currently rooms are reserved for Mo/Tue
... I'll take care of this

Working Group Tools
Raphael: number of tools to support the telecons on IRC/phone
... have a look at the bot descriptions and instructions to support
scribing
... srcibe will rotate, starting with more experienced ones
... further there is the issue and action tracker
... and the WG Wiki
... you need to create Wiki accounts yourself
... chairs will assign access right based on that
... I'll initially fill in some pieces in the Wiki

Goals & Objectives
Raphael: Overall goal is the specification and deployment of temporal
and simple spatial media fragment URIs.
... we have committed to deliver some documents
... first will be a use case and req
... second one will be the actual spec (REC)
... tough scheduling
... we will go Rec-Track (from WD over Last Call to CR and PR to REC)
... have a look at the relevant background resources
... our immediate first goal is to get a first draft of the UC document

<scribe> ACTION: All to write up use cases by editing the Wiki and
report it to the list [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2008/09/17-mediafrag-minutes.html#action03]

<trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - All

Michael: How to deal with the requirements?

Raphael: Interdependent issues (UC and requirements)

Silvia: Question re scheduling
... I thought Novemeber?

Raphael: Sure we try to stick with the schedule, so, yes the main reason
is the F2F

<erik> no q's at the moment

Raphael: To sum up, edit Wiki (account, profile and UC)
... What we don't want to do is to specify a way to address
spatio-temporal region in XML, etc (like in SMIL, MPEG-7, etc.) BUT in
the URI
... but provide transformation rules to convert from to URI format

AOB
Silvia: Re industry participation in this WG
... have we talked to MS, Real Networks, Adobe, etc?

Yves: We do have contacts (via Philippe - MS)
... we will work on this

Raphael: Companies such as Apple and Adobe have shown interest, however
... TPAC will be a great chance to talk to people F2F
... thanks all, next week 12:00CET
... minutes will be sent out for review
... hear you next week

[adjourned]

Summary of Action Items
[NEW] ACTION: All to write up use cases by editing the Wiki and report
it to the list [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2008/09/17-mediafrag-minutes.html#action03]
[NEW] ACTION: Yves to contact Google AC Rep re member of MediaFrag WG
till next week [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2008/09/17-mediafrag-minutes.html#action01]
[NEW] ACTION: Yves to set up a questionary for seond MediaFrag F2F in
Gent (8. and 9. Dec) [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2008/09/17-mediafrag-minutes.html#action02]

________________________________________________________________________
________________



----------------------------------------------------------
 Michael Hausenblas
 Institute of Information Systems & Information Management
 JOANNEUM RESEARCH Forschungsgesellschaft mbH
 Steyrergasse 17, A-8010 Graz, AUSTRIA

 <office>
   phone: +43-316-876-1193 (fax:-1191)   
  mobile: +43-699-1876-1165
  e-mail: michael.hausenblas@joanneum.at
   skype: mhausenblas
     web: http://www.joanneum.at/iis/ 

 <see also>
          http://sw-app.org/about.html 
          http://www.webofdata.info/
----------------------------------------------------------
Received on Wednesday, 17 September 2008 14:00:48 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Wednesday, 21 September 2011 12:13:30 GMT